PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter on the Aztec-8/25

deanhall32
08-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Jumped ion the Aztec out of Seaforth landing. It was nice to pull in to the half-empty parking lot and park for free!

The fishing was very scattered and slow. Of the 28 passengers on board, 14 were skunked. The day consisted of a few jig strikes in the early morning for small albacore and dorado to the all dreaded 5 hour troll for nothing to the end of the day quick stop for 4 quality yft.

I was lucky enough to catch a quality yft and yt, a small albacore, and a small dorado. Yes- the grand slam.......

pineapple express
08-26-2008, 08:44 AM
dang coach.... 9 trips in a season. you are my new hero...!!!
your freezer must be stocked , huh. i'm only 3 trips for the season out of diego.
so what boat did you like best was a question asked by liteliner ??? please do tell.
congrats on the grand slam bruddah !!! i can't wait for my 2 dayer in 3 1/2 weeks.
hope to share a rail with you again ><>
mahaloz fo sharing
PE

Troutman65
08-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Deanhall32, nice going on the salt grand slam.:Cool::Big Grin::Envious:

I would be firing up my smoker and SMOKE some of that fish.:Big Grin::Wink:

Thanks for the report and congrats to you !!

Ricky-Ray
08-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Congrat's Dean for the grand slam. Dam 9 trips...I've only done 1 trip outta SD this year. Congrat's on the catch!

Wingnut
08-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Nice job Dean, way to scratch out some fish on a slow day. :Big Grin:
Great meeting you and your wife at the Legends. :Cool:

barbiegirl
08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Congrats on your catches! :)

one_leg
08-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Is that the same shirt that you were wearing at the Legends II?

Way to knock it out of the park Coach!

O_L

JapanRon
08-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi deanhall32,

Very nice job on your fishys !! Half the boat got jack !! Not bad for a ride on a trip to the outside !! Gotta love the tuna trail. Ain't much different on some runs locally either recently!! ha ha ha

JapanRon

deanhall32
08-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Alan- I bought 2 shirts...haha

Thanks Barbie, Wingnut, Ricky-I thought you were a white guy-Ray, TM65, P.E.!!

deanhall32
08-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi deanhall32,

Very nice job on your fishys !! Half the boat got jack !! Not bad for a ride on a trip to the outside !! Gotta love the tuna trail. Ain't much different on some runs locally either recently!! ha ha ha

JapanRon

Thanks man,

It is a mysterious ocean right now. Pretty strange summer down here. Your reports indicate that it is also that way in your water.. Weird

DavidE
08-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do u think of Tommy's boat??? Definitely a smooth ride. Congrats on scratching the grand slam !!!!!!!!!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Jumped ion the Aztec out of Seaforth landing. It was nice to pull in to the half-empty parking lot and park for free!

The fishing was very scattered and slow. Of the 28 passengers on board, 14 were skunked. The day consisted of a few jig strikes in the early morning for small albacore and dorado to the all dreaded 5 hour troll for nothing to the end of the day quick stop for 4 quality yft.

I was lucky enough to catch a quality yft and yt, a small albacore, and a small dorado. Yes- the grand slam.......

wth i didnt know that was you dean!!! hahaha i was on the same boat!! haha you watched my troller.. cause i hated the smell of the galley cooking

4g63power
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
way to go coach! that's really nice.. dude you look like retired brett favre in those pics haha

deanhall32
08-26-2008, 03:55 PM
wth i didnt know that was you dean!!! hahaha i was on the same boat!! haha you watched my troller.. cause i hated the smell of the galley cooking

That is funny!!! Wasn't it a week or two ago that I called you an idiot during the Thresher Shark drama????

Good fishing with you!!

Was my report accurate?

deanhall32
08-26-2008, 03:57 PM
way to go coach! that's really nice.. dude you look like retired brett favre in those pics haha

Thanks J.T.M.

I'll take that as a compliment!!

Remember the dude that PMed you?? The thresher shark guy??

That was Zombie Bass and he was on the boat........

The trip was nothing like we had on the Orion last week. Remember???

Liteliner
08-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Congrats on the slam. Gotta try that boat out sometime.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-26-2008, 06:19 PM
That is funny!!! Wasn't it a week or two ago that I called you an idiot during the Thresher Shark drama????

Good fishing with you!!

Was my report accurate?

it was a good report haha and ya right on point... haha i knew you didnt like me :ROFL:

one_leg
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey Zombie, did you and Stormcrow ever go and get any Dodo's?

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Zombie, did you and Stormcrow ever go and get any Dodo's?

nope the counts went down low right before we were going to go

deanhall32
08-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh-one more thing about Seaforth's free parking. When I got back to my truck the next night I noticed that my fuel gauge was almost empty when it should have been 3/4 full. So I pull into the nearest gas station near Sea World and find out my gas cap is missing and my gas flap is open. Guess someone siphoned out 15 gallons while I was fishing. So doing the math; the parking cost $60. Knew it was too good to be true!

pineapple express
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh-one more thing about Seaforth's free parking. When I got back to my truck the next night I noticed that my fuel gauge was almost empty when it should have been 3/4 full. So I pull into the nearest gas station near Sea World and find out my gas cap is missing and my gas flap is open. Guess someone siphoned out 15 gallons while I was fishing. So doing the math; the parking cost $60. Knew it was too good to be true!

woah... that sucks big time. i hope you reported it to the landing to notify them of what's going on there. seaforth should offer some sort of security for their paying customers...ie anglers whom spend lots of money @ that landing. time to invest in a gas cap that locks
coach... sorry to hear about your misfortune bruddah.
karma baby... ><>

ghetto dad
08-26-2008, 08:59 PM
coach...quite simply....
:Worship:

troutdog
08-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Nice job on the fish Dean, empty parking lots on SD rock! I hope to get back down there again soon. Nice meeting you and your gf this weekend....hope to fish with you sometime.

....whoa just saw the part about the gas, that sux! Sorry to hear about that Dean.

TD

ghetto dad
08-27-2008, 03:47 PM

Hak was just about to post in the classifieds "15 gallons of gas for sale"....:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

ghetto dad
08-27-2008, 10:00 PM
I see you coach.....

hakaveli
08-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Hak was just about to post in the classifieds "15 gallons of gas for sale"....:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

lol i'll give u a deal of 3.50 a gallon lol