PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa Saltist HRF

bchbum54
08-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Dude has anyone ever seen this reel befor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAIWA-Saltist-HRF-9-BB-Reel-Special-Jpn-Import-NEW_W0QQitemZ180281527199QQihZ008QQcategoryZ36163Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Man does that look nice.

kenopi
08-25-2008, 09:55 PM
I have one. bought it 2 years ago from Japan. (paid around $170)
I believe Daiwa discontinued it now.

It's a nice reel and casts pretty good with any type of artificials you can imagine.
I've caught many sandies and calicos up to 6 lber on fishtrap with the reel.

The only bad thing is that drag is fairly weak just like other Daiwa low profile reels.
It's just too hard to crank'em up when you fish deeper than 40 ft.

But it works pretty good for throwing LC's when targeting butts though.

BTW, it's made in Thailand, not Japan.

Nessie Hunter
08-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Sweet looking reel bud... High end Coastal??

New In the box, with all accessories - Not sold in the USA this is a special import from Japan. Saltwater compatible, and specialized for Calico bass, shallow rock fish and inshore species of all kinds. Compare to Shimano Curado, Calcutta and Daiwa Luna.

bchbum54
08-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Sweet looking reel bud... High end Coastal??

New In the box, with all accessories - Not sold in the USA this is a special import from Japan. Saltwater compatible, and specialized for Calico bass, shallow rock fish and inshore species of all kinds. Compare to Shimano Curado, Calcutta and Daiwa Luna.

lol. I never thought of it as a high end Coastal but after looking on ebay again it pretty much is. I own a couple of Saltist 30T & 30TH so i was a little excited on the idea of a lowprow version.