PDA

View Full Version : Aug 21 freedom overnight

apcrew45
08-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Made the long run to ****** Banks and boy was it productive at the docks heard about the big mosback homegaurd yellows so decided to buy myself a spool of 40 LB. test and put it on the old YFTspecial jigmaster 500 w/ the newell conversions i always keep spare with me. Got on the boat made some great friends and started rigging up Capt said DODO jigs have been working very well on the yoyo, so decided to give it a try. Set up one flyline a special drooper loop which i got to say works very well for these yellows and was taught to me by a very experienced angler on board, and the yoyos.
Could not sleep because of the excitment that was built up in me i was going to work very hard to catch my pb yellow. took a nap for about 3 or 4 hours woke up at around grey light and started to troll. The trolls throughout the day produced nada for us. First stop HOT RAIL i would say evryone fishing the stern was hooked up including me and we also got a MARLIN hook up on a jig which eventually took all his top shot and popped off. These were high class yellows i was fishing 40 lb and still getting worked on the yellows i went 2-5 alot of people lost fish. i would say 50 people lost fish. About our last stop for the yellows i saw a tuna jump up and grab a bait... and quickly ran over to grab my flyline set up casted out and literally 2 minutes later im screaming over and under with my drag burning straight down . I quickly felt the solid fight and knew it was a blue fin. I have heard stories of the way they fight but never have caught one about 10 minutes into the fight my line snapped i guess i had a kink.. OH WELL. We caled it a day on the yellows and fished the deep for some rock cod. Fishing was steady and their was a decent sized pick on the white fish and star eyes we also caught a few sculpin.
Jack pot went to a kid with rental gear WAY TO GO ! I would say maybe 40 lb yellow.
MY COUNT
2 YELLOWS BOTH 30 LB RANGE
AND A SACKFULL OF BOTTOME GRABBERS FOR THE FRYER

one_leg
08-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the report. You'll get a BF one of these days.

calcutta and butts
08-27-2008, 10:07 AM
did u fish the night or the 21st or the 20th? cuz i was on the thrip the night of the 20th that fished on the 21st.

That Dang Guy
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Tanner bank. Freedom has been hitting it for a bit out there. I know of a few other sporties going out there. I don't know why you have to hide it, i doubt you'll see a swarm of PB going out there. =p

Ricky-Ray
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Great report. Congrats on your catch.

troutdog
08-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Awesome day out there, thanks for the report....bust out the pics next time:Wink:

TD

BIGRED KILLA
08-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Looks like you had a blast out there thanks for the report.

Bigred KIlla

Ifishtoolittle
08-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Sounds like a great trip, nice job on those monster yellows!

ghetto dad
08-27-2008, 03:59 PM
PICS! PICS! PICS!!! Way to go man......did you also enjoy the mona vie......:ROFL:

apcrew45
08-28-2008, 09:20 AM
ahah ay u got to give it up for the crew for making a little more money on the side unfortunatlly they didnt offer us any on this trip. But yea no pics sorry about that. I need to buy a smaller camera i have a digital rebel so its kinda hard for me to take that thing out without getting scared it will fall down. and no i boarded thursday night and fished friday

Troutman65
08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Congrats on your catch. Its been many years sence I have been out to ****** banks.:Envious: Too bad about the one that broke off. :Sad: Thanks for the report.