PDA

View Full Version : 1 1/2 day New Loann Sunday

Liteliner
08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
With things starting to heat up on the overnight scene once again me and two buddies jumped on the New Loann saturday night fishing sunday. 310 for the ticket and 30 for the surcharge and we were on our way. Got some awesome bait at the recievers and off we went somewhere southwest mostly south. Capt. decided to go see if we couldnt get on some bluefin he heard about so we skipped on the baby albie fishing. Through the night he metered scattered bluefin so we started the morning drift fishing hoping for a pre dawn bite. 30 minutes later and only squid bitin sardines to show for we start trolling. Stopped on a few meter marks for nothing and pretty much more nothing til capt decides to call off the search and go look for some paddies. Its 3pm and everybody on the boat got restless. Finally a kelp and one lone dodo. First blood. We kept going east and found a few more paddies for some pretty good fishing on the baby dodo's. Did you guys know that a five pound dodo is only 2-3 months old. WoW.... Thats what the deckie told me. Well I finally got bit after the fourth kelp paddy and it was a good one. Got a nice dodo. Im going with 20+.... Either way its a new pb for me....
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/dorado.jpg

Ended the day with 4 dodos. Kept the biggest two. The boat ended up with like 52 dodos 3 bluefin and two yellowfin. The yellows came off a paddy and the bluefins were caught heading home right at sundown. Awesome 4 hours of fishing. Great boat as always and great food. The cook made a killer dinner... Notsure what it was but tasted good going down.

troutdog
08-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Congrats on the pb dodo Peter, cool pic! I love that boat, good choice imo.

TD

FishBandit
08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Good job out there on the dodo's - the most unpredictable fish I've ever had the pleasure of catching. The New LoAnn runs a very solid operation. Thanks for the report.

theBandit

kgselect
08-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Beautiful dodo. Love those colors. Fresh mahi mahi. Ummmm.

one_leg
08-25-2008, 04:26 PM
310 + 30 for an overnight? Am I reading this right? Is that $310 + $30 surcharge?

Congrats on the nice looking dolphin.

Thanks for the report.

O_L

sansou
08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Great looking dorado, congrats! FYI: $310 for a 1.5 dayer out of SD is about the average price this time of the year.

one_leg
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Great looking dorado, congrats! FYI: $310 for a 1.5 dayer out of SD is about the average price this time of the year.

Sorry Rich, I thought that trips that started the night before were called overnight trips, not 1.5 day trips? My bad.

JapanRon
08-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi liteliner,

Way to go on the nice dorado. Sounds like a trip with plenty of travel.

thanks,

JapanRon

Oz
08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
wtg homie on your dodo's :Cool: i hope to get in on some of this action soon.

alan the only difference between a ON and 1.5 day is u get to fish from sun-up to sun-down on 1.5 day. and overnighter is basically an extended full day boat. u get like 2 hours more fishing at that depending where u go.

Ricky-Ray
08-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Sweet looking dodo. Congrat's on a PB. 1.5 day trips are by far the one of the best trips around. You get to fish from sun up to sundown, grab a nice dinner and then off to bed at night. Wake up in the morning and your back at the landing. Still enough time to head home put the fish on ice, grab a quick shower and off to work.

deanhall32
08-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Been on 9 different boats this summer. The New Lo-ann is the most expensive according to your report. The fuel surcharge in PL is $20 for an overnighter, $35 for a day and a half, and $50 for a two-day . Sorry you had to fork out the extra,

Liteliner
08-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Congrats on the pb dodo Peter, cool pic! I love that boat, good choice imo.

TD

Thanks Aaron. Ive been on the new loann three times now and never dissapoint. Its hard to find an open weekend spot on this boat.

Good job out there on the dodo's - the most unpredictable fish I've ever had the pleasure of catching. The New LoAnn runs a very solid operation. Thanks for the report.

theBandit

Thanks for reading. That big boy fought pretty hard everytime he saw the gaff. He didnt jump though. The rest of the dodos i got flew pretty good.

Beautiful dodo. Love those colors. Fresh mahi mahi. Ummmm.

Yea they are truly beautiful. The deckie was nice enough to take my pic while the fish were still biting. There is actually two different kinds of dodos. There was one dodo caught that was all blue and not green. The deckhand said it was a different species of dorado. Those were even nicer looking than the ones I got.

310 + 30 for an overnight? Am I reading this right? Is that $310 + $30 surcharge?

Congrats on the nice looking dolphin.

Thanks for the report.

O_L

Thanks for the compliments. It was a little spendy but about average for a 1.5 day san diego trip.

Thanks. Yea they were all pretty much around 300.

Hi liteliner,

Way to go on the nice dorado. Sounds like a trip with plenty of travel.

thanks,

JapanRon

Yes the travel was more than plenty. Trolled from 6 am till 2pm at trolling speed. Capt kicked it up a notch to go look for paddies after 2.

wtg homie on your dodo's :Cool: i hope to get in on some of this action soon.

alan the only difference between a ON and 1.5 day is u get to fish from sun-up to sun-down on 1.5 day. and overnighter is basically an extended full day boat. u get like 2 hours more fishing at that depending where u go.

Thanks man. Are you guys still heading out this weekend??? Hopefully you guys get some. The kelps were way more productive than the tuna grounds. Good luck if you get out this weekend.

Sweet looking dodo. Congrat's on a PB. 1.5 day trips are by far the one of the best trips around. You get to fish from sun up to sundown, grab a nice dinner and then off to bed at night. Wake up in the morning and your back at the landing. Still enough time to head home put the fish on ice, grab a quick shower and off to work.

I agree Ricky. Capt marcus fished from dark til dark. He had a deckie on top looking for kelp until it was totally pitch black before calling it a day. I did exactly as you said today. Got home at 8 am. Cleaned my gear up a little and put the fish on ice. Then Showered and got to work at 9:15.

Been on 9 different boats this summer. The New Lo-ann is the most expensive according to your report. The fuel surcharge in PL is $20 for an overnighter, $35 for a day and a half, and $50 for a two-day . Sorry you had to fork out the extra,

Im not sure if they are the most expensive but I thought it was worth the money. Great crew. Great food. 9 trips in a summer man that must be nice. San Diego trips just arent affordable for me. So which boat did you like best?

pineapple express
08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
howzit liteliner
congrats on your pb mahi...!!! some ono grinds right there.
i've been on the NLA, they run a tight ship. nothing like a
last minute get away. i went down there solo because no
one else could go with. i had a great time on that boat.
mahaloz fo sharing
PE

hung380
08-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Damn that is nice bull dodo. Sorry I couldnt make it, wanna go next fri. the 5th?

Wingnut
08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm telling ya, it's got to be the cap. :Wink:
Nice catch, beautiful fish! :Cool:

Liteliner
08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
howzit liteliner
congrats on your pb mahi...!!! some ono grinds right there.
i've been on the NLA, they run a tight ship. nothing like a
last minute get away. i went down there solo because no
one else could go with. i had a great time on that boat.
mahaloz fo sharing
PE

Thanks man. Ono grinds sound interesting. What is it? Hit me up if you find yourself solo sometime. If the wife grants permission then I'd be down. NLA rocks.....

Damn that is nice bull dodo. Sorry I couldnt make it, wanna go next fri. the 5th?

Thanks bro. I wish I could. You going with frank and them or on your boat?

I'm telling ya, it's got to be the cap. :Wink:
Nice catch, beautiful fish! :Cool:

Hehe. My wife likes that I wear the hat she made for me. Its my new good luck charm. Thanks for the compliment. This fish is gonna be my desktop background for the rest of the year unless I get a fat 30# hali.

ghetto dad
08-26-2008, 09:01 PM

people bitching at LBSF about us charging $150 + $10 fsc offshore....

Great job liteliner!!!! Thanks for the report man...

GD

mstr fish
08-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Cograts on your PB. Thanks for your report.................................fish

Liteliner
08-26-2008, 10:08 PM
people bitching at LBSF about us charging $150 + $10 fsc offshore....

Great job liteliner!!!! Thanks for the report man...

GD

Thanks man. I think the liberty is the most affordable of the sc overnight fleet. Last year all my sc trips were on the liberty. Didnt get to check out the boat this year with the new crew yet but hopefully soon. Are they hittin the tanner bank??? Wanna get me a big arse whitefish. And maybe a yellow.

Liteliner
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Cograts on your PB. Thanks for your report.................................fish

Thanks man. I should of took more pics of the kelp fishing and everything but with the late bite I didnt wanna miss out before time ran out. Saw two huge sunfish chillin under a huge patty that looked pretty fishy but only produced three dodos. Thats where one guy got the pompano dorado. Pretty cool fish. Blue and not green.

supasportkid
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
thats a nice dodo. good job

ghetto dad
08-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks man. I think the liberty is the most affordable of the sc overnight fleet. Last year all my sc trips were on the liberty. Didnt get to check out the boat this year with the new crew yet but hopefully soon. Are they hittin the tanner bank??? Wanna get me a big arse whitefish. And maybe a yellow.

lol...whitefish...only from you homie.....

one_leg
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Liteliner, you should head to the Chatroom.

pokerface12
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
LL nice looking dodo sir.

Liteliner
08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Liteliner, you should head to the Chatroom.

Nobody is ever in there when i go there. I will try to jump on earlier...

Liteliner
08-27-2008, 10:58 PM
LL nice looking dodo sir.

THanks for the compliment. They are awesome fish....