PDA

View Full Version : With all the talk about sharks!

KID CREOLE
08-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Here's a few pics of a very large Mako we ran into on saturuday!

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/8/9/1/mako2.jpg

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/8/9/1/mako3.jpg

Here's what she was eating.

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/8/9/1/makobsb.jpg

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/8/9/1/mako1_304693.jpg

chris
08-25-2008, 07:56 AM
wtf are you feeding a black sea bass to the shark?

Hog Caller
08-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Thats definately an endangered Black Sea Bass tied to a rope that is being fed to the Mako.
Only question is how you came about the Black Sea Bass.
This thread could get very ugly very quickly!

Nessie Hunter
08-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Thats definately an endangered Black Sea Bass tied to a rope that is being fed to the Mako.
Only question is how you came about the Black Sea Bass.
This thread could get very ugly very quickly!

DITTO ! ! ! ! :Twisted:

Unless your in Mexican water where there is no protection.
I see the Bloody Decks emblem on pics. So if thats the case.. Cool pics!!

Troutman65
08-25-2008, 08:41 AM
:Cool: photos of the shark. Some of the best Iu have ever seen on FNN. I hope it was all on the up & up . ( Black Sea Bass )

chris
08-25-2008, 08:48 AM
:Cool: photos of the shark. Some of the best Iu have ever seen on FNN. I hope it was all on the up & up . ( Black Sea Bass )

yes troutman black sea bass are giant endangered edibles and even in mexico they shouldn't be fed to sharks they taste like... well i can't say

Troutman65
08-25-2008, 09:05 AM
yes troutman black sea bass are giant endangered edibles and even in mexico they shouldn't be fed to sharks they taste like... well i can't say

Maybe it was a floater and the guy just put it out or something. Its hard to really tell from just a photo what the story really is. Guy just posted pics. and not really said anything about the bait for the shark.

Grab some

:Popcorn:

one_leg
08-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Whaaaa Whaaaa Whaaaa

What did you catch the grouper on? What pound test was that rope? GPS coordinates please?

KID CREOLE
08-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Guys, the Mako was feeding on the Black Sea Bass, we roped off the dead Black to get some pics. If you look at the eyes of the Black you can see the grey haze which indicates the fish had been dead for awhile.

Everyone relax, this was all on the up and up. Just sharing some pics of a live large female Mako instead of a dead Mako.

chris
08-25-2008, 11:08 AM
nice clarification they are great shots

Cangler
08-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Very cool pictures !

I bet BSB tastes sooo good ...

one_leg
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Well I could see someone getting into trouble if they were caught doing that in US waters. I doubt that the DFG would listen to someone trying to explain that they had just found it and wanted to feed it to a shark. I think they would just say that you hadn't oughta done that! Might get a hefty fine after all.

Were the pics taken in US waters? Never did get that answer.

KID CREOLE
08-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Well I could see someone getting into trouble if they were caught doing that in US waters. I doubt that the DFG would listen to someone trying to explain that they had just found it and wanted to feed it to a shark. I think they would just say that you hadn't oughta done that! Might get a hefty fine after all.

one leg, yes the Black and the Mako were in US waters, off our California coast somewhere ;)

ps: It was killing me not to be able to take home some of the cbass for the bbq

2natime
08-25-2008, 12:25 PM

You got to be joking!

Granny Fish
08-25-2008, 12:27 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking. If you find a dead black sea bass, make sure your not fishing around it or using it for bait. :Shocked: I doubt the DFG would believe your story even if it is true.

Nice pictures of the Mako BTW. :Wink:

fish4keep
08-25-2008, 12:39 PM
First it was a BSB on a gill clip for a pic, now a BSB on the rope for some shark pic... Hope DFG don't contact you guys for some questioning.

KID CREOLE
08-25-2008, 12:50 PM
You guys need to relax, the black was dead and rotting, you can tell by the gray or discoloration to the eyes, in the last two pics you can see the black has been ripped apart. These pics were also shown to the DFG when we arrived back in port.

I'm actually a little disappointed, I would have thought more folks would have been happy that we didn't try to catch or kill that mako, but that there is more intrest in dead rotting black! Next time I'll just kill the mako!

2natime
08-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Bro to get there respect we need to go up to malibu and kill a bunch of 20lb Threshers!

calico killer kevin
08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Bro to get there respect we need to go up to malibu and kill a bunch of 20lb Threshers!
I like the sound of that

I think I'm gonna go to Marina Del Ray now and get some fresh leopards for shark fin soup and throw the rest away.

one_leg
08-25-2008, 04:13 PM
I like the sound of that

I think I'm gonna go to Marina Del Ray now and get some fresh leopards for shark fin soup and throw the rest away.

Why wouldn't you just catch some soupfin sharks for that?

Liteliner
08-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Before this gets any further you guys should read this. Some good stuff on there.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=22387

Fat Albert
08-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey Kid I was out there on Sat. when you called out and mentioned the Mako. Then that other guy aked if you had a Mackeral, ur answer was funny. Great job on the pics and for offering the GPS #s for anyone who wanted to see this. We almost did but were really trying to hookup on some YFT. Don't even sweat these people responding, guess you had to be there to see and hear how ligit this was. We saw the whale about 50yds from us and got some pics and vid. was gonna give the #s but didn't want all boats by us for a whale that's just gonna go by. Whale sighting was way cool also, but that Mako takes it. The pics of the BSB are what I wanted to see, that thing was huge also. Also saw you did well on the fish also, not us. Anyway great going on pics and reporting for others to see, like me.

TroutChaser
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Great pics!!! Next time catch that shark!!!!

Chaser

Simplyeman
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
a lot of hostile people on the forum. One usually asks questions before coming to a conclusion, instead of assuming the worse...but what do i know.

halo16
08-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Wow! Those are great Pictures! Thanks

KID CREOLE
08-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys!

Both of these fish deserve our respect!

I invited anyone who was close by to come see it but as you can tell I'm being very vague about where this took place.

I know it's legal to catch Makos, but at one time so was catching Black Sea Bass. Unfortunately, there way more Black Seabass around than ther are large breeder Makos like this are still being killed for photo ops.

I think she looks better swimming than on a scale!

Oz
08-25-2008, 07:47 PM
awsome picz of the mako eating. thx for sharing. :Cool:

dont mind one_leg..always has to be the center of attention with his comments. :Rolls Eyes:

one_leg
08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
awsome picz of the mako eating. thx for sharing. :Cool:

dont mind one_leg..always has to be the center of attention with his comments. :Rolls Eyes:

Unlike Osiito, who always has to say on a message board when he has broken the pay lake rules....lol

BIGRED KILLA
08-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the the cool pics I think those beasts look better on the side of your boat and then cpr them no need to kill them and drag them to the scales we need all the sea dog killers we can get.

BIGRED KILLA

one_leg
08-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the the cool pics I think those beasts look better on the side of your boat and then cpr them no need to kill them and drag them to the scales we need all the sea dog killers we can get.

BIGRED KILLA

But I wish we could just take out a sandwich sized chunk out of them and send them on their way.

hookemdano
08-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Great pics! That BSB is huge and the mako just dwarfs it. That must've been an awesome experience. Thanks for sharing.