PDA

View Full Version : ole skunkers for PE & jr 1/2 on the western pride 8/24

pineapple express
08-25-2008, 07:28 AM
aloha fellow fisher peps
well.... since we could'nt make the legends II event on sat because of my work, my son
wanted to go fishing really really bad. i took him on his first 1/2 day trip. it's been a long
time since i've been on a 1/2 boat. man they just load the boat to the brim... 60+ people.
my buddy took his daughter & i also brought along my friends twin boys.
now i remember why i don't go on these trips very often... tangles galore. i had to re-tie
for PE jr pretty much every other cast. we loaded up on some huge sardines & headed
south to salt creek. there were a few boats there so i thought we would do alright. after
a few drops of no action, capt decides to move. 2nd spot gives up very little also. gave
this spot a good effort with a few just legal calico & sand bass. a few rock fish were
landed on cut squid. on to another spot, same results. our final stop was off newport coast
area & we had more action there. jackpot was this toad 5 pound calico... atleast
the kids got to land some thing, though not keepers for the fryng pan. all in all.... fun day
on the water with the kids. some nice folks on board with their kids too. it's a nice way to
introduce kids to salt water fishing. western pride did offer everyone 1/2 off coupons for
another trip.
PE jr. can't wait to go again. here are some pictures...PE jr caught a small sheep head,
chad almost legal calico, christian small sculpin, amie small sculpin... all released. &
christian caught an octopus... that was entertaining for all... also released.
til our next outting
PE

DavidE
08-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Dude does this mean I should mark you down for two spots on the 2.5 day next year?????

Way to put JR in the salt game.

p.s. I guess I missed ur invite call when I was on the Tide Change pullin on some more Albacore and Albacorbina.

p.s.s. You should give JR Lenny's spot on Mike's Charter ... lol

Peace

JapanRon
08-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi pinnapple express,

WTG on getting a bunch of kids out and catching fish !! Great way to practice all those knots that you haven't used in years !! That's what I've done in the past to entertain myself from tangle to tangle. ha ha ha

thanks,

JapanRon

one_leg
08-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Nice going on the 1st salt exposure. They look real happy.

Dude does this mean I should mark you down for two spots on the 2.5 day next year????

Just mark him down for 5 1/2 day trips.....same difference.

Daniel, thanks for the report/pics.

O_L

pineapple express
08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Dude does this mean I should mark you down for two spots on the 2.5 day next year?????

Way to put JR in the salt game.

p.s. I guess I missed ur invite call when I was on the Tide Change pullin on some more Albacore and Albacorbina.

p.s.s. You should give JR Lenny's spot on Mike's Charter ... lol

Peace

i'll need to take jr on a few more 1/2 , 3/4, & overnighters before he's ready for a 2 dayer.
he had a blast though. mom had jr take 1/2 a bonine to assure no sickness. i wanted to
test his sea legs but moms won in the end. the sardines kept him entertained during the
trip.
did you get the poke mix i sent you ? ono grinds bruddah.

Hi pinnapple express,

WTG on getting a bunch of kids out and catching fish !! Great way to practice all those knots that you haven't used in years !! That's what I've done in the past to entertain myself from tangle to tangle. ha ha ha

thanks,

JapanRon

mahaloz J R
the kids had a blast even though we didnt catch anything worth wild to eat.
yes.... i did tie alot of knots yesterday. teaching the boys how to tie knots reminded
me of when my uncle took the time to teach me back in the day. good times for sure
& more to come. can't wait to get out there again ><>.

Nice going on the 1st salt exposure. They look real happy.

Just mark him down for 5 1/2 day trips.....same difference.

Daniel, thanks for the report/pics.

O_L

mahaloz alan
sorry i missed legends II. looked like everybody had a great time. i will make
it to one of dana's events one of these days.
jr is not ready for a 2 dayer... i have to make sure he is sea worthy first. more
local trips are in his near future.

Re8elmonk0341
08-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Dave I though I heard you mentioning something 'bout a husband/wife trip?

4g63power
08-25-2008, 09:50 PM
danny! slow day but the kids look like they still had a blast! good to see your future fishing partner in a making haha..hook a brutha up with bomb ahi poki recipe..still got some left in the freezer and would like to try it island style!

Ricky-Ray
08-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey PE, always nice to take kids out on the water for some fun. Too bad the fish were small but then again the kids don't care cuz they are catching and having fun and that's what counts.

Give me a call or shoot me a PM I've got some discount ticket's for 1/2 day boat's that you might be interested in for Newport/Davey's landings.

pineapple express
08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
danny! slow day but the kids look like they still had a blast! good to see your future fishing partner in a making haha..hook a brutha up with bomb ahi poki recipe..still got some left in the freezer and would like to try it island style!

wassup yimmy my bruddah... shoot me a pm with your address & i'll send you some of
da goods...

Hey PE, always nice to take kids out on the water for some fun. Too bad the fish were small but then again the kids don't care cuz they are catching and having fun and that's what counts.

Give me a call or shoot me a PM I've got some discount ticket's for 1/2 day boat's that you might be interested in for Newport/Davey's landings.

howzit RR
i've created a fishing monster... jr. always wants to go now. his latest thing now is to call
me at work to find out when i'm coming home to see if we have enough time to fish b4 dark.
we fish back bay near newport dunes with plastics. he is even getting the bait-caster down
with only a few back lashes... he just graduated from the spinner about 10 outings ago.
jr is coming along nicely. my wife loves her "my time" when we go fishing ><>

i'll holla at you bruddah... mahaloz fo da hook ups.

DavidE
08-26-2008, 12:03 PM
got the package yesterday. looks hella good bro!! I'm gonna make some this weekend. If ur close to Whittier hit me up and see if I did it right !!! LOL

Peace

Liteliner
08-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Nice way to spend the day with the kids. Cant wait til my princess can hold a fishing rod. Weekdays are the only way to fish 1/2 and 3/4 day trips. Weekends are to crazy for me. Thanks for the report.

deanhall32
08-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Guys looked like you had fun PE. Lil PE has the potential to be a linebacker at USC. Wasn't the guy with long hair on the Orion trip?

mstr fish
08-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for your report and way to go getting the kids out there 2. What service for them to offer 1/2 off coupons to.........................fish

pineapple express
09-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Guys looked like you had fun PE. Lil PE has the potential to be a linebacker at USC. Wasn't the guy with long hair on the Orion trip?

i wish PE jr liked football. he is all about basketball. he has range... yeah that's "Rage N Asian"
Dale & his daughter Amie.

Thanks for your report and way to go getting the kids out there 2. What service for them to offer 1/2 off coupons to.........................fish

that's what i was thinking... 1/2 off deal to go back out for another ><> adventure with the kids.

Nice way to spend the day with the kids. Cant wait til my princess can hold a fishing rod. Weekdays are the only way to fish 1/2 and 3/4 day trips. Weekends are to crazy for me. Thanks for the report.

i wish i could go during the week days... work will not allow it :o( & since PE jr did well
on his first 1/2 day... 3/4 here we come...!!!

4g63power
09-01-2008, 11:14 PM
danny! just made ahi poki this weekend and it was delicious! friends loved it too thanks a lot bro!

Troutman65
09-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Nice trip with the little ones. Thanks for the report and pics.:Cool: