PDA

View Full Version : Sabrina and South Lakes -

sky
08-25-2008, 04:23 AM
info outdated :Confused:

hughpam
08-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Sky, If you get lost going from Bishop to Sabrina, quit driving. It is easy - go west into the hills from Bishop on Line Street. It dead ends into Sabrina. South Lake is on the way, and North Lake has a very well marked turn off on the way to Sabrina.

I like the campgrounds at South Lake, but have been overwhelmed by mosquitoes there a few times. Just be ready with nets and long sleeves. If you're going to fish, don't use bug spray.

There is a campground at intake 2 on the way up, but it is a llittle way from Sabrina. Good fishing though.

SoCalGuy7
08-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Pm sent.

The road to North Lake isn't that bad, we made it in the Mini van we borrowed.

Nessie Hunter
08-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Sky, shoot SiearraSmitty (Jared) a PM or Email at PARCHERS RESORT site.

http://parchersresort.net/

He owns/operates the resort with his family, very helpful and can guide you to what you need. Tell Jared Frank said Wassss uppp!!! :ROFL:

one_leg
08-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Sky, I gonna send you a PM.

hughpam
08-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I meant a net for your head, but why not the other, too? I didn't have trouble with the mosquitoes while tubing, so I guess that the middle of the lake is OK.

The roads are a non issue. They are all great to fine.

Flying
08-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Are there any other pretty lakes, (different than the ones below) up that way along I-395 area that I can drive to in a two wheel vehicle?

(I've been to rock creek, convict, crowley, lundy, mammoth, tein, george, grant, silver, gull,june lakes, virginia lakes, twin lakes, bridgeport, and mono.)

thanks,

Tioga and Ellery lakes up Tioga Pass. They are blown out most of the time but its a nice scenic drive. We drive up it every time we're up there.

sky
08-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Deleted: Outdated info

Flying
08-25-2008, 09:56 PM
I think I may have given them a bad rap for wind. We normally take our scenic drives when we get blown off our regular lakes so naturally it will be worse up there. Most of the times were in the afternoon which is another bad time for wind too. So early should be your best time.

Saddlebag is up there too. The turn off to Saddlebag is on the right(going up) between Ellery and Tioga. I've only been there once and too long ago to remember much except for a narrow road to get there.

Badfish2
08-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Big Trees campground is not far from the cut off to Sabrina/South lake.. it's a good spot to camp that puts you in the middle of the action and isn't too crowded, usually get a spot easy there, Creek fishing in the grounds is great too.