PDA

View Full Version : Mission Belle

Re8elmonk0341
08-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Did anyone go on the Mission Belle today? If so, did they really catch 59 Yellowtail?

flopps1
08-23-2008, 10:13 PM
No reason not to believe it!!! Captain Steve/Mission Belle runs a great and honest opperation. My pick for the 3/4 day boat out there for sure.

I actually jumped on Thursday and we ended up with 32 yellows. My buddy and I landed 3 each. Hooked up a 4th one and passed it to someone who hadn't hooked up. Farmed a 5 th one to end the day. Honestly, the boat should of doubled those counts due to the fact that 90% of the passengers were rental rods or coffee grinders. Very few experienced anglers. And despite a morning seminar by Karen/deckie, some folks just didn't have a clue.

-Do not leave you're rod at the rail for any reason
-Follow your line and keep it straight front of you
-The wind in your face... your in the right place
-Do not cast over five lines and not move to avoid tangles
-Yellowtail fishing means you don't own a spot on the rail. Tuna shuffle will apply.

We had fish to 27 lbs, with the majority of fish in the 17 lbs range. Fly line sardines were king with a couple taken on the iron. THe key was getting through the tangles and getting your bait past the dawgs. If you did that, your had a good chance of getting hooked up.

Fished 20 lbs line/2/0 hooks. Big sardines. Captain Steve actually put in an 1 hr. overtime cause we had some biters on the last stop. Didn't get back to the landing until late.

Again, great boat and crew!

Re8elmonk0341
08-24-2008, 07:22 AM
WOW thanx Flopps for the 'port. I've been on the boat a few times, even took my wife on her 1st deep sea fishing for her B-day on it. Your right great crew and capt. karen is kick ***. Reason I asked is 'cause I wanted to jump on it Sunday but got a brain fart and forgot to make reservations....maybe next weekend. Again thank you!

flopps1
08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
No sweat! ReelMonk...Yeah, gotta make those reservations at least a few days in advance. Specially if you are trying to get out on the weekend. Well, hope you make it out. I plan on getting out there again if the counts hold up.

ghetto dad
08-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Damn, i wish i didnt have to work tomorrow....

GD

flopps1
08-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Man...The Belle posted some nice scores for the weekend. Lot of boats that would normally fish the islands are skipping and going off shore. Less boats but more dawgs. Give and take, i guess.

Either way. with these kind of scores, a yellow or two or three is a given. Limits are very possible. Counts for the weekend.

Sun Aug 24 2008, 05:55PM 3/4 day 43 63 Yellowtail 4 Calico Bass 6 Barracuda 1 Rockfish 16 Bonito

Sat Aug 23 2008, 07:38PM 3/4 day 33 3 Yellowfin Tuna 59 Yellowtail 1 Rockfish

Get out there guys while the bite is on....