PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Odyssey.3/4

mstr fish
08-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Alright going on a 3/4 day tommorow. Can you give me some details on what to expect? I have 2 mxj with 65spectra backing and 25/30 p-line. Are these ok? Should I buy some Irons? What colors? All help is appreciated. Thanks.................fish

Ricky-Ray
08-23-2008, 10:14 PM
That should be sufficient. Get some flouro if you don't have some already. Your mostly going to be fishing live bait. Although having a few iron's couldn't hurt. Blue/White, Blue/Chrome, scrambled egg, green/white, dorado pattern, black/white are usually the basic colors to have.

mstr fish
08-23-2008, 11:25 PM
That should be sufficient. Get some flouro if you don't have some already. Your mostly going to be fishing live bait. Although having a few iron's couldn't hurt. Blue/White, Blue/Chrome, scrambled egg, green/white, dorado pattern, black/white are usually the basic colors to have.

Thank you. Is there a certain size iron? Thanks again......................fish

Ricky-Ray
08-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Tady 45's for the surface bite, Sumo 6x or 6x jr. if they are down deep and you need to yo-yo jig them is a good start. Good luck on the Ocean Odyssey, it's mainly a overnight to 2 day boat so you are gonna get spoiled on it for a 3/4 day trip.

mstr fish
08-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Tady 45's for the surface bite, Sumo 6x or 6x jr. if they are down deep and you need to yo-yo jig them is a good start. Good luck on the Ocean Odyssey, it's mainly a overnight to 2 day boat so you are gonna get spoiled on it for a 3/4 day trip.

Thanks again be back with my report tommorow................................fish