PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Halibut from Shore (Part 2)

Sinjin Kim
08-23-2008, 08:35 AM
(never mind) will be rewritten

bsp
08-23-2008, 09:05 AM
You are one of the main reasons I have caught legal halibut from the surf. If there is any way to preorder youtr book, I would be very interested. Thank you for sharing what you know!

That Dang Guy
08-23-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm gad to hear that your book and DVD are progressing. I've been looking forward to it for quite some time. Keep up the good work and be sure to let us know when and where they will be available!

fish_sauce
08-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the awesome write-up, Sinjin :Cool:

I'm sure it'll come in very handy to those who are new to targeting halibut on the surf...as your previous articles have been to me!

if you have a book signing even in the future, i'll be one of the first ones in line :Wink:

Wingnut
08-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Good stuff Sinjin, lots of information there to help in the understanding of the species and in the chase of the prize. :Wink: :Cool:

calico killer kevin
08-23-2008, 08:14 PM
I smell something sticky. Thanks for all the info.

ikeman
08-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Great post Sinjin. You are always a great source of information and inspiration. I am happy to
hear your DVD and book are getting close to being released. I know first hand how frustrating funding, contract issues and other unexpected delays can be. I'm sure you will let us all know when the release date will be.

I personally like dropshotting better, maybe just confidence in the heavier year round surf we get in OC. Feeling the sinker contacting the bottom, the right depth of the lure is automatically obtained. With the hard baits, I kinda feel it just gets tossed around too much without the control. Just a personal preference, I guess. Long Beach, Santa Barbara seems like the perfect set ups for that. Caught many legals on both methods since talking with you and your uncle at your uncle's store in L.A.

Good luck in all you do and again thanks for sharing.

Jeff

legacy1
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks for taking the time to share this!

Liteliner
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Wow thanks for the great write up. I will definately be on the hunt come september. Gotta get into the drop shot scene. Thanks again.

crappie stalker
08-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Very informative and actually makes the reader feel like this is something that can be accomplished by a novice..
Thanks
CS

That Dang Guy
08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
It can. It's ridiciliously easy. Cast and slow crank. When the lure stops for no reason, keep cranking and let it load up. Fight fish. Land fish. Smile. Release or have a great dinner.

flyngby
08-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Diddo to Part 1!!!!!!

Thanks for your time and effort to make us all better and increase our chances.:Applause:

Steve