PDA

View Full Version : 5/26 Half Day Dana Point Squid and Barracuda

riverjoon
05-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I went out on the 1/2 day trip out of Danawharf Sportfishing on the Dana Pride. The crew was excellent and boat is super nice remodeled. We started off about a couple miles of dana point for some Giant Humbolt Squid. As soon as we got there there some insane boat traffic. Also the water was full of boils from the squid. As soon as I dropped my jig I was on like 10 secs. For the next half hour it went compeletly wide open on the squid from 15-40 pounds. We caught so many so fast we decided to move on to get some barracuda. We fished the remaining time moving around looking for barracuda. I managed to get 3 barracuda and 5 broke my line off. I used a stinger hook that helped trememdousley with the short bites. Overall excellent fishing experience. Fishing was excellent until the seals just would not leave the boat.

JapanRon
05-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi riverjoon,

Thanks for another nice report. Great to know that little by little the cuda are coming in force.

later,

JapanRon

riverjoon
05-28-2007, 07:44 AM
No Problem Japanron. Its your reports that have influenced me to write my reports lol. And yes the barracuda were biting almost wideopen as long as the seals were not around.

yes ill bring ajig with me next time. I started double clinch knotting tie to my hook with a stinger hook helped alot. This stopped the breakage of the line. And I put a piece of electrice tape around my knot at the hook lol.

My electric tape ghetto barracuda rig.