PDA

View Full Version : Four Jeffrey Camping

ggboyx714
08-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Hello all,

Im going to Four Jeffrey's next week and was wondering if I can get some help on what type of arsenal I should bring.

What type of lures, bait should I get? Set up? Any recommended places to fish?

fish'n fool
08-22-2008, 07:52 PM
I just came back from the Bishop Creek drainage. Fishing was tough. Saw lots of fish at Intake and North Lake but it was hard to get hooked up. I used pink Power Worms with a cast-a-bubble filled with water and 5 feet of 2 # fluorocarbon leader at North Lake, South Lake and Intake. The long leader seemed to be the ticket. Was moderately successful, when others weren't. 6 fish in 3 hours, all c & r'd, nothing big. Didn't do much creek fishing but Four Jeffrey has the south fork of Bishop Creek running through it and the DFG should plant some fish by next weekend. The weather has been warm during the day making the fish lethargic, in my opinion, as they would ignore my worm and tube jigs. I would try North Lk, Intake and South Lk. At Intake, fish the southwest side of the lake by the trees just north of the spillway. It looks shallow but there seems to be a lot of fish there. The float tubers seems to hang out there alot. Then try all the creek locations that the DFG stocks heavily, usually, like the middle fork of Bishop Creek, just below Sabrina. The south fork below Parchers. Weir Pond. There weren't a lot of anglers out this past week. Just 2 cars at Intake at 4 in the afternoon on Wednesday. I think the economy and price of gas maybe taking a toll on the anglers. I will be there on Labor Day weekend myself. I hope the fishing picks up by then. Good luck.
Bob

Badfish2
08-23-2008, 08:53 AM
gold red thomas bouyants, neon green thomas bouyants (fire tiger) and a lot of yellow/gold powerbait. or sierra gold with a can of garlic spray by BANG.. if you're fishing the creeks Panther martin with a gold blade and black body. That's all you need.

ggboyx714
08-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks Guys!!! Very Much Appreciate it.