PDA

View Full Version : What size boat?

shady72
08-22-2008, 09:31 AM
When I get my boat done I want to do some offshore fishing. Do you think a 21' deep V cuddy would be okay on nice days?

one_leg
08-22-2008, 09:40 AM
When I get my boat done I want to do some offshore fishing. Do you think a 21' deep V cuddy would be okay on nice days?

I think it would be all right on nice days.

What are you thinking, aluminum, fiberglass, ropalene, wood?

shady72
08-22-2008, 10:15 AM
I think it would be all right on nice days.

What are you thinking, aluminum, fiberglass, ropalene, wood?

It is an aluminum I/O inline 6. I know it has been to the Bahamas before in its younger days. I might look to do a buddy boat or something. I have been boating fresh water for years. Never skippered in the Big Blue before.

karlow
09-05-2008, 10:09 AM
If it's in good shape it should be OK for the island.
Terry had a 22 'Bayrunner. It's a lot of work in the big water. The seas will push it all over the place. Watching him at the helm was like watching some cartoon. I had a 21' welcraft Nova, it is a heavy glass boat with a real deep Vee. It would run through 4' seas just like it was a lake. I have a 20' skippy the vee is not as deep, I slow down for 4' seas. She is a geat boat for local waters up too maybe 30 miles off shore. The glass boats are heavier and more stable. They don't get the milage that the tin boat will. The Bayrunners get beat up out there, the striggers come lose, and the hulls crack. They are OK, but you need to slow down, drive around the seas, and head home earlier.

KP