PDA

View Full Version : Best float tube pump?

Tom
08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
I need some ideas for a float tube pump. I will be using a Super beetle for most of my local fishing trips for awhile. This means Uninflated in transportation. What is the quickest filling pump?
Thanks

Tfisherman
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
you can buy a small pump at walmart that will plug into you car cig. lighter. there are also ones that run on batteries, but I like the one from walmart best.

Wyatt-Da-Bassaholic
08-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Sport chalet has a series of pumps. I bought a high presure pump that claps on to my battery and it works great. It runs about $55 and comes with six differnt tips, plus it inflates and deflates, it takes me a total of 4 minutes to fill two air bladders in my fish cat. For my toon it takes about 10 minutes to fill 4 air bladders. its compact enough to fit in a shoe box, it never leaves my truck. its strong as an ox and has a blow off valve so you dont over inflate. Hope this helps>

TEAM HOOK'EM

Nessie Hunter
08-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Never heard of a super beetle???

The high volume (Says for Air mattress etc) 12V at Wally World is probably the best bet.. $14 range and I have used mine for 4 yrs 'hard core'.. 4 or 5 tips... Plugs in Cig lighter..

one_leg
08-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Never heard of a super beetle???

The high volume (Says for Air mattress etc) 12V at Wally World is probably the best bet.. $14 range and I have used mine for 4 yrs 'hard core'.. 4 or 5 tips... Plugs in Cig lighter..

I'd do what Nessie says on this one. Mine could fill a tube in about 5 or 10 seconds flat.

BakoBassin
08-22-2008, 09:43 AM
One of those double-action pumps at WalMart for about $10 work like a champ.

I can fill one of my 9' pontoons in less that 2 minutes, easy.

Wyatt-Da-Bassaholic
08-22-2008, 10:12 AM
when i say 4 minutes to fill my fish cat thats the total time from hooking up to the battery, undoing the valves filling each bladder, closing the valves and putting it away. but if you could get one for under $20 that could do the same thing and is reliable i would definitley do that, $55 is kind of step if theres so many out there cheaper. Just trying to help.

MAN VS WILD
08-24-2008, 01:42 AM
double action is the way to go. becareful not to pump it up too much though.

sonarbp
08-25-2008, 08:06 AM
The electric pumps are good up to a point. They just don't have enough power to inflate the bladders properly and they can be quite slow. The best thing to get is the double action pumps...they are sold at walmart. The small pump which I use is about 5 bucks and the large one about 10. It will inflate the bladders in under 5 minutes no problem.