PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Creek Area, Where to go?

Silentbutdeadly
08-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Been lurking here for awhile.

Going to head up to Bishop for my quarterly work appt. on Sept 4-6. Looks like this time I'll be solo. I've been up the road to Bishop Creek but have never stayed up there.

My priorities are to hike a creek with the flyrod, and jump in a lake in the float tube. I will bring conventional tackle as well, if the conditions only make sense for that.

Any recommendations? I feel funny posting this as I usually just expolore spots on my own but what the heck, I figured I'd get some advice.

Campground recommendations would be cool as well.

I've fished the creek below North lake and I fished North Lake a little bit in June. Pretty cool place but I wouldn't be opposed to trying another spot.

Thanks.

Badfish2
08-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Fishing Recommendations:

I highly recommend you fish Bishop Creek in the Apsendell area...it's very under-fished and it's not private property. Park where you can publicly, and walk in. Lake Sabrina is the best bet for lakes up there amongst North,South,intake etc... The inlets at Sabrina are always the hot spots as well as the rock piles near the dam, and the rock piles between the 2 main pools.

Bishop creek has some beast fish in there, try fishing the pool just below where the water shoots out from Lake Sabrina as well as below Intake 2. There are some nice pools there and it's very underfished. You didn't mention that you needed help on what to use, so I'll leave that to you

Camping?

Probably best spot in the area is Lake Sabrina Campground... but it's almost always full. It's worth a try though... other than that.. try Big Trees Campground, it's basically a double of Sabrina camp but it's just not as close to the lake. The creek runs through both of them. Intake and four jeffery campgrounds are both awful, too much noise and they both get crowded easily.

Silentbutdeadly
08-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Right on, thanks for the reply.

As for what to use... I think that takes the fun out of it!

Thanks again for the info.