PDA

View Full Version : Producer produced kinda…

T-IzZle
08-20-2008, 09:59 AM
What's up fellow FNN'ers I've been lurking around for a while and this will be my 1st post on FNN....(won't be my Last) so take it EZ on me!!!

Short story: hoped on the Producer for an overnight trip w/ my cousins. The boat ended up w/ 8 YFT 5 or so YT 5 Albies and 5-10 peanut dodo’s

Long story: My cousins came to pick me up about 6ish and off we went to SD we thought there was going to be traffic so we headed out early to anticipate the traffic well guess what no traffic go there from OC in about an hour. We had a couple of hours to spare so we picked up a six pack and boozed it up. paid $10 for parking since two weeks ago I got towed ($350) mother F*%kers!!!!!!! Started to board the Producer.... Jim was the skipper Diane was in the galley (very nice lady pretty funny too) we had Steve, Bob, and I forgot his name as our deckhands. Sorry dude…
Started the troll at the crack of dawn, stopped at every paddy we saw and a few hooked on YT and Dodo’s on the paddies. First troll strike was about 10 or so double hook up on the albies. I found the biggest dine I could and tossed it out there while we’re still moving HOOKUP!!! I got the lil Albie to the boat and was calling for the gaff and then it happened…… I FARMED him at the boat!!! F*C&!!!! it was kinda my fault I wanted to use my light tackle 15 lbs and didn’t set the drag!!! All wells it happens. My Cuz (liem) and I were on the troll next. Skipper boxed the area and within 5 min he hooked up.. I reeled in the troll rod and got hit, it came un buttoned so I free spooled it and got picked up again. Got the skunk off my back w/ that albie. The bite slowed a little after that, until we saw a school of porpoise jumping around giving us an awesome show!! The skipper stopped and got on the horn telling us he’s been seeing a lot of YFT under the porpoise.. grabbed my biggest stick and threw that bad boy out there as soon as it hit the water my drag was screaming…. (alright the right kind) Took me a good 20 min. he had a couple of good runs but I won this battle. Didn’t have a scale but had to be 25+lbs. My lil cuz (Steven) won the jackpot sorry Patrick he barely got u on that one. We ended up giving the JP $ to the crew in return we got 3 t-shirts.
Side note my Cuz broke his rod on a dodo… back to Shimano it goes. The pix says it all..

Final count:
Cuz (liem) 1 rod breaking dodo 1 Albie
Cuz (steven) 1 JP YFT
Me 1 YFT 1 Albie
Patrick correct me if I’m wrong 1 YFT 1 Dodo
Bobby (Patrick’s son) 1 Dodo

Here’s the pixs. Enjoy until next time guys!!!

sansou
08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Congrats on your catch!

The dorado looks like a "one taco" model....ha ha!!

chris
08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
nice story congrats on jp cuz those are some nice fish

SanDimasLMB
08-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Producer is an awesome boat with an awesome crew. Been on it before, wouldn't hesitate to go on it again.

Too bad about the quantity, but you sure got some quality.

Nice report and pics! :Thumbs Up:

Cangler
08-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Sweet trip !

Nice to have another saltie ...

Stormcrow
08-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Great report man! Welcome to the board as a poster!

steve092
08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Good report!

Nice job on all the fish!

pyronut
08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey Guys,

Looked like you guys had a great trip. That will be some great eating. Hopefully next time it will go WFO for you guys.

Pyronut

WalePescado
08-20-2008, 05:59 PM
I love the expression with the broken rod and nursery dodo lol.

T-IzZle
08-21-2008, 09:41 AM
I love the expression with the broken rod and nursery dodo lol.

LOL yea he was pretty pissed off!!! the rod was rated 15-30lbs. i say the dodo is about 4lbs max!!!! i also broke a guide off my calcutta so it's also going back to shimano

Simplyeman
08-21-2008, 01:25 PM
I just noticed the "thumbs down" in the dodo pic....some funny *** shiznit.

one_leg
08-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Too bad about your buddies rod, but Congrats on the feeshies.