PDA

View Full Version : Poly Ponds

troutslayer05
08-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I finally fished the Cal Poly ponds today and it was a blast. Started fishing with a big Panther martin and got a solid pound- pound and ahalf bass. No love for the PM after that. Almost immediatly after i caught one my buddy got one on a micro spinnerbait. As I was making the switch over to a micro my buddy caught 3 more pounders. Then he surprised me when he hooked a SOLID slab. I didnt know they had crappie in these ponds! After catchin a few more dinks we called it a day.

Badfish2
08-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Looks like you've got a solid little lake to horse in a few ...

steve092
08-20-2008, 05:26 AM
Nice job dude.

I know some little ponds can hold some lunkers in 'em.

rusty6
08-20-2008, 09:01 AM
looks like you are at the one over by poly canyon, you gotta try the ones right around the horse stables, thats where the lunkers are.

studlyfisherman
08-20-2008, 09:05 AM
i dont know about lunkers but dinks yes! I havent gotten anything big outta there...have you? Nothing over like a pond and a half maybe

rusty6
08-20-2008, 10:57 AM
i lost two 3 pounders in the lower pond because i could reach down to them in time from the dock, and ive heard of some 2-3 pounders in the upper pond above the stables

troutslayer05
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Ya this was the pond right next to the new parking structure. Looks like it could hold some big ones, there was also a lot of crawdads in the water. Caught one on a plastic craw too.

studlyfisherman
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM
yea i know there are some good ones in the upper...what did you get those 3's on?

rusty6
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
a watermelon 5" senko type worm, and a fireminnow rapala

troutslayer05
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Is the upper near the soccer fields?

studlyfisherman
08-21-2008, 03:02 PM
SENKO!!!!!!!!!!!! haha gotta love em

rusty6
08-21-2008, 04:17 PM
its actually a cabela's aquaglow stick worm...similar to a senko haha but about 1/3 the price

studlyfisherman
08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
o nevermind...not cool man. im just kiddin i never use senkos anyway...KINAMI its the same stuff and walmart carries them so...

rusty6
08-22-2008, 03:37 PM
cheap ripoffs are always the best way to go. where you livin next year studly? gotta meet up sometime for some fishin.

studlyfisherman
08-25-2008, 12:30 PM
poly canyon...dude im down to fish whenever...i will be out almost everyday fishing...i only have class tuesdays and thurs haha gosh i got a bad a schedule...if you have a tube im thinkin of fishing santa marg alot next year but ill do a ton of pond fishing too throughout the week...where are you living?

rusty6
08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
im gunna be in mustang village, i might have my kayak with me so lopez and santa margarita should be pretty sick. plus there is another lake up there that i've heard is really good for shore fishing from another guy up there.

rusty6
08-25-2008, 08:22 PM
haha jeeeez only 2 days a week? how many units are you taking haha. i'm only taking 12 and ive got class everyday even though its no more than 3 hours a day haha

studlyfisherman
08-26-2008, 08:18 AM
im crankin out 15 units! my tuesday is a beast though...12 to 10 pm...straight! ahhhhhh

rusty6
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
wow that sucks!!!!!

Simplyeman
08-29-2008, 07:17 PM
i used to go to CPP....do you know if they stocked their ponds with bass?

studlyfisherman
08-30-2008, 04:11 PM
no idea...but we go to the real cal poly so they definetly do! CPP what a joke!

rusty6
08-30-2008, 07:50 PM
hahaha agreed studly agreed

halihunter
10-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Guess I have some exploring to do. Going up to visit my son at Cal Poly tomorrow. Had no idea there was any fishing around the school.

britheguy
10-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Nice stuff man!

Can you repost the pictures they seem to be missing. Thanks :Big Grin:.

spartafish
10-31-2008, 11:27 AM

typical cal poly elitist attitude. guess what... you're still a state school

reckless_m@
10-31-2008, 08:44 PM
i used to go to CPP....do you know if they stocked their ponds with bass?

lol my family stays up in AG. I goto CPP, you guys are funny. I fish Lopez & Margie everytime I visit the folks.

Oddly enough there was a lone 10" bass in the japanese gardens at CPP that someone must have planted.

Go for the duck pond if you want koi, carp, crap and turtles lol.

It must be sick to have easy access to lil holes on campus!

studlyfisherman
11-02-2008, 07:53 PM
HEY SPARTAGAY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by studlyfisherman View Post

typical cal poly elitist attitude. guess what... you're still a state school

I would agree...the elitist attitude comes from be an elite...and dont even start with us being a state school as if that makes it lesser in any way...im not claiming to be smart (however i am an elite) haha idiot...anyway Calpoly SLO rocks the socks so cram it you pickle face...

spartafish
11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I would agree...the elitist attitude comes from be an elite...and dont even start with us being a state school as if that makes it lesser in any way...im not claiming to be smart (however i am an elite) haha idiot...anyway Calpoly SLO rocks the socks so cram it you pickle face...

I'm glad you're not claiming to be smart because half of that makes no sense at all. In which ways are you elite? And I'm glad CPSUSLO (that's quite the name you guys have there) works for you, it is indeed a great school, but if it fosters an attitude of elitism then i feel bad for those who attend your institution. I can't wait until you graduate and find that your boss went to a "lesser" university, and then you can tell him all about how you're elite when compared to him.

Again, I'm happy that CPSUSLO "rocks the socks" (whatever that means), but if Cal Poly, Pamona "rocks the socks" for Simplyeman, why do you have to try to demean his school? Is it to make you feel better about yourself?

studlyfisherman
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
dude you need to bust a nut...im sorry for whatever uncle touched you as a boy, but get over it. And I was joking about being an elite you dill face...however i was just rousting that dude about his lesser Calpoly...which it is lets not lie...and all the stuff i write makes sense...there is just an intellegence barrier on some of it (my appologies)...you probablly went to some really good school like san jose or something. Its doodoo faces such as yourself making assumptions like an A double S clown about one of the best schools in cali...so just relax, dont waste your time responding, and shut the s word up. PEACE SON
ps. For all the elites out there we are having a meeting tomorrow night at 6 pm...sorry to exclude you SPARTAGAY...when life gives you lemons cut a hole in one and figure something out(refer to my first sentence for some ideas)

FishermanStu
11-02-2008, 10:01 PM
hahaha this is classic. some one with no sense of humor takes a post out of context from someone with a sense of humor and all of the sudden people are elitist this and a** holes that. just another reason why some of the people on fnn should be banned from the use of sarcasm. haha i love it

spartafish
11-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm going to leave this alone. I posed legitimate questions and all you can do is come up with slanderous insults. It's really easy to hide behind the facade of a 'joke,' but when all one has to offer is "pickle face, dill head, spartagay" and whatever else you concocted, it leads one to believe that there's less joking and more compensation for a lack of something. Anyway, sorry to bore you guys with my lack of sense of humor, but I guess I'll see you next fall when the Spartans walk all over the Mustangs on the football field. PEACE....mom?

rusty6
11-03-2008, 12:59 AM
woah woah woah did i miss something here? and when do we play san jose stat anyways?

Badfish2
11-03-2008, 03:17 AM
anyone try jigs like trout teasers there? I bet they'd slay em'

studlyfisherman
11-03-2008, 12:38 PM
hey badfish dont get off track here...luckily im goin to toss swimbaits at this exact moment but ill be back to rip you again spartagay dont worry...to be continued carrot stem nose

studlyfisherman
11-03-2008, 06:38 PM
ok im back...ready to roll...first of all if you think im trying to compensate for something ill send you a private message with I private picture (NO HOMO)...i called it...haha ok secondly, shhhhhhh....that about sums up what you should do from now on in regards to this thread. As for beatin the mustangs on the feild...HAAAAAAAAA with me runnin the ball your little spartans aka men in girly skirts have a negative chance of winning.

ps mustangs have huge C oooooo see kays haha and your a smelly banana peel lover

reckless_m@
11-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Are you in a Fraternity??? lol

studlyfisherman
11-04-2008, 12:23 AM
haha no but i am workin on starting a fishing club...its gona be a frat eventually...bassa bassa fisha rama we shall call it.

FishermanStu
11-04-2008, 10:49 AM
scott in a fraternity? hahahaha i think he had enough of that in high school.

Badfish2
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
haha no but i am workin on starting a fishing club...its gona be a frat eventually...bassa bassa fisha rama we shall call it.

:Idiot::Sissy Fight:

troutslayer05
11-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Where do i sign up?

studlyfisherman
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
the only way in is to tattoo your name on my left butt cheek! Stu is already in...however i didnt really like the needle he used...and he missed a little right...actually that wasnt a tattoo! shoot!

FishermanStu
11-04-2008, 10:20 PM
hey cell mate, as long as you were catching and i was pitching our life was happy. funny thing is its the opposite when we fish. you pitch all day for nothing and i catch all the fish

studlyfisherman
11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
stu we both know what "fish" means...when i call to "fish" you better believe your catching and im tossin my "8 inch swimbait" all night long into those secluded dark holes...!

FishermanStu
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
ok they just went from ambiguously gay to down right homo. good one. no really ::thread locked::

studlyfisherman
11-04-2008, 10:58 PM
why does it say thread locked? what the heck? and i dont understand what your talkin about like usual...

FishermanStu
11-04-2008, 11:00 PM
i wrote that to be an *****. the thread is not locked. and i make perfect sense. sense enough to make you not want to fish with me anymore cause i always own you

FishermanStu
11-04-2008, 11:02 PM
i love how this goes from rippin on that one guy to rippin on you. funny how things change with superior intelligence

studlyfisherman
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
haha us elitist are goin head to head in a battle of sheer intelect...and bad spelling for that matter