PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Lagging

Liteliner
08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
The fishing has been pretty slow this week for overnighters. Anybody think it will pick up this weekend? Its got to be the moon right????

samgann93
08-19-2008, 07:58 PM
ya i really think its just the moon. id give it a week and the bite should be in full swing again. thats just my opinion though.

troutdog
08-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Fishing is usually good right up until the full moon, and that does not happen until Saturday....I think the next wave of fish are on the way up. 7-10 days and I think the salt scene in SD is going to be off the hook again!

As far as the islands go the Freedom slammed 50+ yellows from 20-40lbs today :Shocked:, plus the usual mixed bag of bass and bottom fish. Looks like the bite picked up already, if you can go this weekend do it. I'll be out there in the next two weeks to try and put one of those toads in the bag!

TD

Nessie Hunter
08-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Not so sure the moon affects the salt bite much.. ??

Probably more of a water temp change...

deanhall32
08-20-2008, 08:54 AM
The full moon for this month was actually LAST Saturday. Don't rely strictly on the total dock counts and the moon. Research recent catches by the boat because there are alot of fish out there to be had.

chris
08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
the temperature maps are crazy these last couple days. low 60's in the a.m and some spots that have high 70's off shore in the afternoon.

troutdog
08-20-2008, 11:23 AM
The full moon for this month was actually LAST Saturday. Don't rely strictly on the total dock counts and the moon. Research recent catches by the boat because there are alot of fish out there to be had.

Ooops my bad Dean ,thanks!:Embarrassed:

Based on my experiences the days leading up to the full moon are often best, I do not like fishing the 3 days after a full moon.....well I always like fishing , but if I am booking a trip I steer away from the few days after the full moon. Just my opinion. Regardless this has been a great summer of saltwater fishing and moon or not ya gotta get out there if you can!

TD

bsp
08-20-2008, 05:03 PM
The LA tuna bite shut down, but at least the yellowtail fishing has picked up! The freedom had a lot on their last trip, along with a good assortment of other fish, so it really hasn't lagged too much.