PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Yami 115 fuel problem

Greg Madrigal
08-19-2008, 02:53 PM
My engine has been bogging for a while now steadily getting worse. Finally, on my last trip a month ago, I couldn't get the RPM over 2500 (8mph!) So I took her in to John Custom Marine in Stanton. They said it was water in the fuel from ??????

I changed the fuel filter and cleaned out the filter inside the cowling and thought that it worked.....I was wrong. Kinda sucks that there is no way to "test" a boat w/o launching eh?

Anyways, so we decided 2 fish dodos last Sat and launched outta N.B. at 5am but went nowhere as the engine was still bogging. Wouldn't go over 2500 rpm at full throttle!

I tried raising the engine out of the water and she screamed to 6000RPM instantly. Put it back in the H2O and it was back to 2500.

I called John's again, and Mike says that there is a micro screen inside the Vapor Separator Tank (VST) that gets a film on it and starves the cylinders. Trouble is, they need to take off the whole intake to get to it. If water was the issue, this isn't covered by warranty and they est. the repair at $300.00+ barring any additional parts needed. He also said it's possible that the injectors are shot. Grrrrrr.......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyone know a good mechanic, or have any other suggestions for me? I am considering buying a new plastic fuel tank too as the aluminum one is kinda worked and old. Any problem with doing that?

Thanks in advance.

GM<><

one_leg
08-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Greg, did you get my PM?

GeordyBass
08-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Greg, did you get my PM?i wouldn't want you fixing my motor!LOL J/K
Ermond's marine seems good,but they are crazy!LOL

yamafish
08-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Greg,

Give Johnson Marine in Ontario a call
http://www.johnson-marine.com/JohnsonMarine/Welcome.html
Ask for Brian
They are the best certified Yamaha mechanics around :Smile:

I had a 4 stroke Yamaha on my Triumph that they kept running like
a swiss watch!

C&R Bassin
08-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Greg I sent you a PM

aboos
08-19-2008, 11:55 PM
They said it was water in the fuel from ??????

sometimes condensation..i have that problem with my cars when i leave it sitting outside in the cold for long periods of times

Kinda sucks that there is no way to "test" a boat w/o launching eh?

when we were working on our motor, we used a trash can, the big one, and stuck the motor in there and filled it up with water. that way you can put it in gear and run it full throttle (we also had a 115 merc). just make sure theres plenty of clearance for the prop.