PDA

View Full Version : 411 Directions

GdHkSet1
08-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Next months trip will only be our 2nd trip up, but we want to try the Owens and PVR this time. Were going to dry camp @ McGee Creek, appreciate any 411 on the regs when fishing the Owens. Thanks, and tight lines.

DarkShadow
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
appreciate any 411 on the regs when fishing the Owens...

Have you checked the DFG website for the regulations?

tacklejunkie
08-19-2008, 12:33 PM
At the lower owens wild section, then regs are posted. And they change throughout the year.
I believe certain areas up there might each have their own special regs.

retired/lasd
08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
I know the regs. on the Owens like the back of my hand.

Upper Owens: North of Benton Crossing. Open all year, Barbless flies and lures only with a size restriction.

Effective 9/1/ 2008 the Upper Owens is closed to fishing from Benton Crossing down to the monument stake which is about 600-700 yards north of the water level of Crowley Lake.

From the monument sign on the Upper Owens down to the lake has special restrictions as of 8/1/08. Barblessd flies and lures only with a size restriction.

Lower Owens: The wild trout section is barbless flies and lures only. Once you go past the sign on chalkbluffs road, the Owens river has general regs. All sections of the Lower Owens past the wild trout section are general regs.

Big Country
08-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Check the regs lasd...

The Owens doesn't close until 9/30/08 from Benton Crossing down to the monument.

With that said, I don't mind if everyone thinks it's closed because that just makes it that much better for me when I go back up in a couple of weeks.

You're correct on the other regs.

retired/lasd
08-20-2008, 05:20 AM
Check the regs lasd...

The Owens doesn't close until 9/30/08 from Benton Crossing down to the monument.

With that said, I don't mind if everyone thinks it's closed because that just makes it that much better for me when I go back up in a couple of weeks.

You're correct on the other regs.

My mistake I meant to put 9/30/2008

GdHkSet1
08-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Were heading up on the 26thSEP for a couple of days to lave the rat race, we'll make sure we read the regs anyway. When you say Benton crossing where is that from the hwy 395? Thanks.

Big Country
08-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Take 395 past Crowley Lake and make a right at the Green Church (the church is on the right side when heading north) which is just a few miles past the Crowley Lake off ramp. Travel for a few miles and the road will cross over the Owens River right at Brown's Campground. This crossing is referred to as Benton Crossing.

Go past the campground and there will be a series of 3 dirt roads on the right all about a 1/4 mile apart from one another. Take any of the roads and they will lead you to the LADWP fences where you park your vehicle. The river is right there.

Have fun and don't leave any trash!