PDA

View Full Version : Report Cards are out!

lucky catch
08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Just picked up my lobster report card. Remember to bring your fishing license when buying the card. Your Fishing license number gets written in the DFG book at the store. Luckily I had mine out in the car. Just 5 more weeks!!!!

cappo
08-19-2008, 12:59 PM
how much were they again?

pyronut
08-19-2008, 04:18 PM
OK how is this report card going to work when I come from out of town and only get a two day lic. Am I going to have to get a new one each time or are they going to put each number in it each time? Any info would be great....

Thanks.

Pyronut

lucky catch
08-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I think it cost $9 but I threw out he receipt.
Good question about the daily license. I don't think it matters too much because kids and people hooping off of piers also have to get the card even though they don't need a license! I don't think you need a card for each license. The card is good for the same period as the license,1/1-12/31 so you'll need a new card in january. I think the card should be half price this year since we can only use it for half a season! I think there are 50 slots on the card,my challenge is can anyone actually fill up the 50 slots before the card expires in 90 days.

chris
08-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Good question about the daily license. I don't think it matters too much because kids and people hooping off of piers also have to get the card even though they don't need a license! I don't think you need a card for each license. The card is good for the same period as the license,1/1-12/31 so you'll need a new card in january. I think the card should be half price this year since we can only use it for half a season! I think there are 50 slots on the card,my challenge is can anyone actually fill up the 50 slots before the card expires in 90 days.

i'm on it buddy! i think the hesbros will have a really good shot at this challenge
thanks for the heads up on the report cards i'm going to check old wal mart now

JSAUCE818
08-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Oh boy! Can't wait till season is here!....I gotta pop my hoopin cherry, hopefully all goes well.

atfish
08-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Do you get the cards the same place you get licences?

lucky catch
08-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Yea, any where they sell licenses.

flyngby
08-22-2008, 09:12 PM

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!
Good luck out there on the Bugs!!!!!!!!!!

i'm on it buddy! i think the hesbros will have a really good shot at this challenge
thanks for the heads up on the report cards i'm going to check old wal mart now

Yes the way the HESBROS ended the season with some help on my part for 1 trip it could be possible!!!!!

Hopefully they will invite me back for another marathon pulling session. And of course they will be invited to spend some time on on my smaller ride pulling for me while I drive up onto the nest!!!

BassEngineer
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
If you need help eating those...let me know!

HESBROS
08-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Hmmmm, thats a big challenge, but very possible. With just a glance, I see 59 fishable days for us before the 1st of the year, so it is possible. But what makes it even more possible is the fact there are location codes to be entered on the cards. The card says you need to complete a line each time you start and finish at a specific location. I seen the card a while back, and as an example, in Long Beach, there are different location codes specific to the LB/LA harbor, so if you are say starting at the fed breakwall, and decide to move after an hour to another place that falls under a different location code, there is one line in 1 hour. Another question I have is that you need to record the date at the beginning of your trip, so does that mean if we launch at 1800, and fish all night, do we need to start another line at midnight?

sonarbp
09-17-2008, 07:50 AM
I think there are 50 slots on the card,my challenge is can anyone actually fill up the 50 slots before the card expires in 90 days.

Hey lucky catch about you question.....every time to pull up your hoops and change location you will need to fill in the location in the new slot.....or you risk getting a ticket!!!

Section 1.74, Title 14, CCR is amended to read:

§1.74. Sport Fishing Report Card and Tagging Requirements.
(a) Purpose. These regulations address potential concern for overfishing and
a lack of recreational fishing effort and catch information in some or all
areas where the fishery operates. Many of these species are of high
commercial value, and therefore, additional enforcement mechanisms are
needed to improve compliance with existing bag limits and other regulations,
and to reduce the potential for poaching.
(b) Species and Location Requirements. Individuals fishing for or taking the
following species are subject to report card requirements in the following
locations described below:

(5) California spiny lobster, in all areas where take is authorized.
Section 29.91, Title 14, CCR, is added to read:

§29.91. Spiny Lobster Report Card Requirements for Ocean Waters (FG 685, See
Section 701).

9 (a) Spiny Lobster Report Card Required. All individuals must have a Spiny
Lobster Report Card in their possession while fishing for or taking lobster.
In the case of a person diving from a boat, the report card may be kept in
the boat, or in the case of a person diving from the shore, the report card
may be kept within 500 yards on the shore. Individuals must complete and
return the card pursuant to regulations in this Section and in Section 1.74.
(b) Prior to beginning fishing activity, the cardholder must record the
month, day, location, and gear code on the first available line on the
report card.
(c) When the cardholder moves to another location code, or finishes fishing
for the day, he or she must immediately record on the card the number of
lobster kept from that location.
(d) In the event an individual fills in all lines and returns a Spiny
Lobster Report Card, an additional card may be purchased. See Section 1.74.
(e) The annual fee for the Spiny Lobster Report Card is specified in Section
701, Title 14, CCR.
NOTE:
Authority cited: Sections 200, 202, and 205, Fish and Game Code.
Reference: Sections 200, 202, and 205, Fish and Game

HESBROS
09-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I was checking out the cards again at my wifes work (Turners) today. There is talk on the card about if you switch to a different type of gear, say from old style to eclipse style, you need to fill in a line also. SO the way I would understand that, if you are using a mix of old style and eclipse in one spot, you would actually have to fill out two lines, and keep track of numbers each type caught.