PDA

View Full Version : 5-10lb Bonies Off the LB Breakwater 8/17

SpinnerBaitKing
08-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Took my pop out with the lil' ones and headed out of the Shoreline Docks (Alamitos is closed for a week).

Headed over to Huntington Flats and it was FLAT...not good at all. Drifted for a while. Got a few good Sandies, but not much else. My dad was hating it out there. He lost a Barry. He doesn't hook set very well.

Last stop, the Jetties next to the bait barges. Off the point, mucho bonitas. It was on. I was flippin' a swim bait and decided to change to live-bait. Sped up my retrieve to change over and got hammered on the plastic. Friggin' bonita!!!! STEVE YOU MISSED OUT!

My pop got 4 and the first almost cut the tip of his finger off. He fishes spin-cast and had his finger tip on the line. lol That first one jammed! Later! Thought is was going to spool him. He managed. Dad 4, Anthony 5
Oh, X got one baby Bony. Looked like a striped trout. lol
It was crazy good. GO GET 'EM AT THE JETTY GUYS

Don't bother with the Flats, it's monkey see monkey do out there.

Sorry only one pic of my dad and a flash of his fish.

one_leg
08-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Good for you guys!!!

JapanRon
08-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Spinnerbaitking,

WTG on the fishys. Thanks for the heads up. Should get the guys in the little tin boats out there !!

tsurikichi

TShaffer
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
nice! i plan on hittin up the jetty next to the bait barges this weekend. Last time all I got was tomcod, macks, and calicos but now that I know theres bonito there im goin prepared. Thanks for the heads up.