PDA

View Full Version : 14 Mile Bank Dodo fishin

Liteliner
08-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Met up with my buddy on his 06 Trophy and launched out of huntington harbor at 5 am. Brought the wife along for her first private boat trip. We picked up some very healthy sardines from nachos and headed out. After 30 minutes and 14 miles out we spot a nice paddy but nothing home so we kept going. We were shooting for the 279 which was another 30 miles or so but we got stopped 5 miles short of the 14 mile. I will let the pics tell the story from here.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/IMG_1142.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/IMG_1143.jpg

Yeah the motor died. Waited two hours for vessel assist. Three hours it took to get towed back. Trolled back while being towed for nothing. Vessel assist guy got a bonito. What a day......

deanhall32
08-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Bad side of your day- no fishing

Good side of your day- 1) A beautiful day with a cloud not in sight
2) It wasn't your boat

Your next trip is going to make up for your trip yesterday!!!!!

chris
08-18-2008, 12:02 PM
that sux ... next time will be better. that 's cool the vessel assist guy was trolling, he probably hit a paddy on the way out that's why it took 2 hours.

troutdog
08-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Brutal...sorry to hear about that, next trip out will be your day!

TD

JapanRon
08-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi liteliner,

Boat trouble !? Oh ... how unusual. Old Harleys and PBer boats resemble one another very, very closely in years of following the boards. Fix or bear with problems 80% of the time ..... ride carefree the other 20%.

Still had to be nice to get out on the water !!

Better luck next time.

JapanRon

SanDimasLMB
08-18-2008, 03:05 PM
LMFAO, the vessel assist guy got a bonito!

:ROFL:

At least you had vessel assist instead of wanting it.

Maybe next time you'll get the fish.

one_leg
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
That would have been a very expensive tow without VA.

Sorry about the lackluster fishing day.

O_L

Liteliner
08-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Bad side of your day- no fishing

Good side of your day- 1) A beautiful day with a cloud not in sight
2) It wasn't your boat

Your next trip is going to make up for your trip yesterday!!!!!

It was a gorgeous day and my buddy lucked out cause the boats still under warranty. Im praying the next trip is the one.....

that sux ... next time will be better. that 's cool the vessel assist guy was trolling, he probably hit a paddy on the way out that's why it took 2 hours.

LoL, me and my buddy were thinking the same thing while we waited for him.

Brutal...sorry to hear about that, next trip out will be your day!

TD

Im hoping soo. The killer part was seeing all the life out there pass by within 1/2 a mile of us. Tons of dolphins and paddies we spotted. We should of tried rowing or something to get closer to them.

Hi liteliner,

Boat trouble !? Oh ... how unusual. Old Harleys and PBer boats resemble one another very, very closely in years of following the boards. Fix or bear with problems 80% of the time ..... ride carefree the other 20%.

Still had to be nice to get out on the water !!

Better luck next time.

JapanRon

That is true about the boat problems. I just dont understand how a year old boat could brake down so easily. My buddy just got a tune up before the trip.
It was nice to be out but seeing all the potential fish pass us by was killer.

LMFAO, the vessel assist guy got a bonito!

:ROFL:

At least you had vessel assist instead of wanting it.

Maybe next time you'll get the fish.

Yeah he said its the first fish he's caught while towing a customer.

That would have been a very expensive tow without VA.

Sorry about the lackluster fishing day.

O_L

My buddy has used them twice now in one year so its worth the 120 bucks a year i guess. Hopefully next trip out I kill some dodos....

fish4keep
08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
My buddy has used them twice now in one year so its worth the 120 bucks a year i guess. Hopefully next trip out I kill some dodos....

WOW... For a new boat that's very bad news. I don't know if he take care of his boat, I'm pretty sure he does, but dam twice in one year on an 06. That's just too much.