PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Canada

fishinButch
08-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Well we are here finally!!! Had a chance to waste some bait and throw some lures in between the hunt for the perfect home. Went to the Black Rapids Locks on the Rideau Canal. Tons of crappie and bass right along the docks. The kiddo had a great time with the crappie. I found it hard to concentrate on fishing with the view. I felt like a little kid watching all the boats going through the locks. Heading to the Ottawa River in the morning to fish. It's insane 10 minutes in really any direction from our apartment in Ottawa and theres fishing. Going to throw in some other pictures. Took some of the Locks on the St. Lawrence. Tight Lines!!!

Ronira
08-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Wow you made it. Sounds like you love it up there eh! Nice to here from you fishinButch. Looks like a beautifull place in the summer.

Granny Fish
08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Fishing is really good up there. Just wait till winter.
Ice fishing is fun too.:Wink:

CoffeaRobusta
08-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Man, it looks nice up there. I have never been to Canada (otehr than passing through the Toronto aiport). Sure hope to get up there someday.

gwjones00
08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Pretty amazing. I was just up there last week for some vacation. Didn't even occur to me that you could fish in the canal!

For those of you who might want to look at pictures of Ottawa, check here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/glennsphotos2007/sets/72157606629180535/ (warning - no fishing pics).