PDA

View Full Version : unusual day at bcsb

megafisher94
08-17-2008, 09:42 AM
my frind and i arrive at the north beach around 8:00am and start soaking some muscle and casting krocs,lc's, and carolina rigs. after about 1hr. of no bites we decide to move to the south jetty. we have a bait rod out w/ muscle and are casting gulp! sandworms and muscle under the bridge on carolina rigs.
the bait rod was hit first. my friend picks it up and major bendo! we bring it to the rocks graduly but all we see is a flash of silver as the fish snaps the line.
oh well, we re-bait and start fishing a carolina rigs again. i started getting bit right away and to my surprise, after quite a strong fight, i reel in an opaleye! well my frind and i think,"cool" so we both cast under the bridge and bam two more opaleye. opaleye were wide open(most caught between the pilings) for almost an hour but then the bite slumped off. we continued casting and after awhile we start getting bit again... hard.
i finaly set the hook on one only to produce quite a strong fight. when the fish reches the rocks i realize it was a sargo! well after that what bite was slower than earlier but still good we caught perch,opaleye,sargo,spotted bay bass, sandies,and croaker. it was a good way to to end the day. all fish released acept for 2 opaleye(wanted to see how they tasted)

tacklejunkie
08-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Nice work.
Lots of variety comes through that spot.

Robert trout hunter
08-17-2008, 03:06 PM
wow nice you caught quite a selection there

hakaveli
08-17-2008, 03:38 PM
nice job out there

supasportkid
08-17-2008, 05:05 PM
cool!! nice job out there

calico killer kevin
08-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Good job. Never heard of spotties at BC, but hey you learn something new everyday. I used to fish that place every saturday for the first year it was open, but now so much sand has washed into the channel that it is too shallow for the croakers.:Crying:

one_leg
08-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Fishing there is a lot of fun.

Nice job on the report. Where's the pics?

O_L

troutdog
08-18-2008, 02:28 AM
Sounds like a good day, thansk for sharing!

TD

CoffeaRobusta
08-18-2008, 07:11 AM
That was a nice report thanks! good variety of fish.

megafisher94
08-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Fishing there is a lot of fun.

Nice job on the report. Where's the pics?

O_L
forgot to bag my camera in my waders once:Crying:... never got a new one

CrabMan
08-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Great Report,:LOL:

Isn't it amazing how many different fish are down at Bolsa Chica? You must have been bummed to forget the camera.:Big Grin:

flyngby
08-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the BCSB report. I will try my luck there again someday.

Steve