PDA

View Full Version : Scents

Re8elmonk0341
05-27-2007, 08:09 AM
I need some advice on the scents to use to put on my LCFM while surf fishing for those buts.

Nessie Hunter
05-27-2007, 12:04 PM
UNIBUTTER ! ! ! ! :thumb:

Re8elmonk0341
05-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks Frank 2 questions: (1) Where can I get some and (2) what scent should I get

SOSO
05-27-2007, 01:01 PM
I am not a pro on Lucky craft jerkbaits or any other hardbaits. But i think the fish hit the jerkbaits on a reaction bite. No scent needed. By the way, did you use the lucky craft on your recent fishing trip with your wifie?

Nessie Hunter
05-27-2007, 01:28 PM
It even helps with the hard baits, leaves a scent trail and improves hook up rates...

Only comes in one scent and you can get it here-->

http://tinyurl.com/yr52vw

Re8elmonk0341
05-27-2007, 09:36 PM
I am not a pro on Lucky craft jerkbaits or any other hardbaits. But i think the fish hit the jerkbaits on a reaction bite. No scent needed. By the way, did you use the lucky craft on your recent fishing trip with your wifie?

No I didnt, no need to the light surface did the trick.

halijedi
05-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Scent is not needed when fishing with a reaction bait such as a ripbait. However, if you want added flash on some of your worn down hardbaits, apply a thin coat of any type of SMELLY JELLY.

I have used just about every scent out there. Many of them smell "fishy" and at times help when fishing with a slow approach, but the ONLY scent I have yet to use that vigorously STICKS and stays onto hardbaits is SMELLY JELLY! It also has pretty glitters in the mix :wink:

bluefin2na
05-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I need some advice on the scents to use to put on my LCFM while surf fishing for those buts.

If you ever get to San diego, and you would like to try out the UNIBUTTER,
let me know. I will be more the happy to talk to you and to give you a sample.

SOSO
05-29-2007, 01:53 PM

You have to try the LC 110 or the 130 for the Cuda's. If there is a Cuda or Bonito bite going on the boat, you will almost catch one every cast! This is through experience last year. 3-1 plus ratio vs. the guys using the irons. Make sure to bring several LC's on one trip, as the treble hooks, will wear out and bend. Regarding the scent, no need at all. Save your money. Green Mac, M. Sardine, and Aurora black are the best.

blackmav04
05-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Regardless of what bait you are using it is always best to have every edge possible. I have been a skeptic of scents for along time and have tried many. The only one I have ever felt gave that extra edge is UNI BUTTER. IT REALLY WORKS. :thumb:

Re8elmonk0341
05-30-2007, 12:01 PM

You have to try the LC 110 or the 130 for the Cuda's. If there is a Cuda or Bonito bite going on the boat, you will almost catch one every cast! This is through experience last year. 3-1 plus ratio vs. the guys using the irons. Make sure to bring several LC's on one trip, as the treble hooks, will wear out and bend. Regarding the scent, no need at all. Save your money. Green Mac, M. Sardine, and Aurora black are the best.

I have the 130 in the mac pattern and will use it thenext time I go out there for bones or barries.

POSTAL
05-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I had good luck with hot sauce