PDA

View Full Version : Just a heads up NPH

doyoufishmuch
08-14-2008, 01:49 PM
I walked out on the tip of the wedge jetty yesterday, and people were catching LOTS of nice sized bonito. Its was crazy! They were chasing around little bait fish from one side of the jetty to another, and it literally looked like the water was boiling when they would make their attacks. Whenever they were thrashing about, all you had to do was throw a plastic or a kroc and drag it through the mayhem and people were hookin up left and right. First time i'd seen bones pulled from the jetty, and some of these were BIG fish (at least 10lb range.) Didn't bring my pole, cause we were just playn in the surf, but hopefully they will continue to hang out by the mouth of the harbor for a few more days n I can land my first..... cya out there!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I walked out on the tip of the wedge jetty yesterday, and people were catching LOTS of nice sized bonito. Its was crazy! They were chasing around little bait fish from one side of the jetty to another, and it literally looked like the water was boiling when they would make their attacks. Whenever they were thrashing about, all you had to do was throw a plastic or a kroc and drag it through the mayhem and people were hookin up left and right. First time i'd seen bones pulled from the jetty, and some of these were BIG fish (at least 10lb range.) Didn't bring my pole, cause we were just playn in the surf, but hopefully they will continue to hang out by the mouth of the harbor for a few more days n I can land my first..... cya out there!

wow 10lber are you sure?? if so then they havent been the big to get from land since years..i bet they are at newport pier too since to sardines are soooo thick there

Troutman65
08-14-2008, 02:07 PM
:Cool: Thanks for the report

DarkShadow
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
10 pounds before or after the FNN calculation?

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-14-2008, 02:42 PM
10 pounds before or after the FNN calculation?

:ROFL::Secret:

ddrahn
08-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Was that at the wedge or at CDM?

ghetto dad
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
10 pounds before or after the fnn calculation?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ddrahn
08-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Never mind my previous post - I see that he said the wedge. 10 lbs seems awful large - although someone said about 10 days ago that they saw a school cruise past Newport Pier that were big enough to be around 8 lbs a piece.

chris
08-15-2008, 07:31 PM
aww c'mon 5 pound bones fight like they're 10 pounds. we've been seeing them everywhere

doyoufishmuch
08-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I wasn't fishing and didn't have a camera, so looks like you all must be right. Its been years since that happened last, so im sure it will never happen again. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot