PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Guys Trip to Bishop/Mammoth

youngfisher22
08-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone,
I am not new to the boards but I am new to posting reports, so I am going it my best shot.

We left on thursday the 7th at 5:00 after waiting for friends to show up then we were on the road. we arrived in Bishop with no traffic at 9:45. After a quick stop for a new license and ice we headed up to north lake. We arrived got unlaoded and had our poles in the water by 10:30, and withing the first five minutes my brother and I were bothed hooked up with two nice stockers. Fished for a couple hours and managed to land a total of twenty between the 8 of us. Sorry but I have no pics for this day, and all fish were c&r.

The next day we were up and heading to north lake againg because of our success on thursday. This time my brother and his friend got 15 between them in the first hour and a half. Me and my buddy Bryce got six a piece in the morning. At about noon the alpers truck showed up and stalked some nice ones into little North.... sorry no pics. We kept the ones big enough to clean and headed into town to eat at our favorite restaurant in town, Jack's.

Saturday we decided to go to convict and it was worht it until that notorious wind picked up, but it started blowing really early in the day. Anyways, Caught about ten then it died for a while until Bryce's poll went bendo and the drag was screamin......... it hit hard and turned out to be his PB at 19" and four ponds. We packed up and decided to head up to lake George. Slow late afternoon there but i did catch my first golden trout which was a cool catch.

Got up Sunday and fished just for a few hours landing a few more including three nice little browns only about 9 inches. and called it a short yet fun trip. Went to Schatts Backery for some goodies and hit the road. Overall it was a fun trip getting out with the guys and catching some fish.

Troutman65
08-14-2008, 12:40 AM
That was a great first report. Congrats on your catch. The first pic. with trout is a brook trout. Sweet looking trout for sure. :Envious:

Badfish2
08-14-2008, 04:08 AM
That's a nice trout on the right... good job

billy b
08-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Where's that shore spot? Is it Rock Creek Lake?

Nice catchin and nice reportin

Thanks

City Dad
08-14-2008, 01:39 PM
... by 10:30, and withing the first five minutes my brother and I were bothed hooked up with two nice stalkers.

Woa, woa, woa, there pardner. If you ever notice anyone following you or watching you or otherwise acting suspicious you should call the police! You don't ever want to 'hook up" with them.

Having said that, great report. Any luck with the stocked fish?

youngfisher22
08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Woa, woa, woa, there pardner. If you ever notice anyone following you or watching you or otherwise acting suspicious you should call the police! You don't ever want to 'hook up" with them.

Having said that, great report. Any luck with the stocked fish?

Sorry Stocker my typing program does the corrections for me soory about that but the STOCKED fish were great....

youngfisher22
08-14-2008, 03:50 PM
That shoreline is at Convict lake

SoCalGuy7
08-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Nice report...Looks like you had a great time!

SCG7

getthenet
08-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Where's that shore spot? Is it Rock Creek Lake?

Nice catchin and nice reportin

Thanks

that looks like convict?

youngfisher22
08-14-2008, 07:57 PM
yep thats convict

Faulter_Mike
08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
i recognize that fish cleaning station! vagabond inn right? I was just up there Sunday through Wednesday and stayed at the Vagabond. Nice report man, looks like you did a hell of a lot better than we did. I'll get my pics and report up soon. peace.

youngfisher22
08-15-2008, 10:00 AM
i recognize that fish cleaning station! vagabond inn right? I was just up there Sunday through Wednesday and stayed at the Vagabond. Nice report man, looks like you did a hell of a lot better than we did. I'll get my pics and report up soon. peace.

Cool cant wait to see the report.......

AllAboutTheTrout
08-16-2008, 09:44 PM
How does one tell the difference between a brook trout and a brown trout? They seem identical to me.

flytyingreloader
08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Brown trout are the ONLY species with red dots surrounded by black rings; brook trout are brighter-colored and have vermiculated (worm-shaped and irregular) spots on their back and reddish highlights on their bellies and lower fins, edged in white. Both are Salmo genus (chars). Goldens and cutthroats are genetically fairly close to rainbows, and all are Salmonidae genus.