PDA

View Full Version : Gaviota State Pier 8-10-08

Uneekguy27
08-13-2008, 10:33 PM
went camping this past weekend at El Capitan State Beach and Dad and I hit up the pier in Gaviota. Fished from 7:00 till about 6:30. great day in all. We managed two starfish, a seal and a 115 pound thresher shark. All i can say is wow. first time ever catching a shark. took an hour and a half for us to get him in. no pics due to the fact that i dropped my digital in the water. ::doh:: ! great steaks though!!! also left with a cooler full of mackeral. Figure i live about 10 minutes from the duct figure ill give the striper a try. anyone need some bait lol!!!! definatley goign back again the first or second week in september. i need another vacation lol!! till next time....

Tight Lines
-Louie

mickeysindahouse
08-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Doh! You killed at Thresher?!!

Congrats, sounds like an awesome day of fishing. Did I read correctly, a seal? How the heck do you manage that? They're usually pretty slick & avoid hooks at all times.

Too bad about the camera too.

Uneekguy27
08-14-2008, 07:51 AM
yeah thats what i thought about the seals out there too!! not this one though. every time somebody would be bringing in macks he would chase them. i ended up getting hooked up with him when i was fishing with the mack. he came from underneath and ::gulp:: i ended up haveing to cut the line. i cut it as close as i could you know for him not to be uncomfortable. but then i forgot that they lay on the side of the boat retrieval on the steps so i was able to get close enough with him trying to bite the hell out of me and unsnag the rest of the hook and line. i used my gaff to wiggle it loose.