PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Creek Ninja Fishing.... kinda....

troutslayer05
08-13-2008, 04:07 PM
After reading TJs most recent report this morning i decided that it was time to find a creek in my general area. After researching Salmon Creek online i decided to give it a try. 60 miles later I was there and found the trail was closed due to the fires. ****! I had driven an hour not to get turned around so i went down anyway regardless of the signs. I immediatly saw small trout swimming around the creek. I walked down creek a little bit under the free way and looked into the first hole and saw a nice 13' inch trout. Walked right up on him and he got spooked. Walked back up stream and fished my way up. Spooked the first coupe of fish in the holes then i got the whole Ninja thing down. Caught about 15 small native fish before i left. Amazingly beautiful creek with a huge waterfall at the end of it. Great Day FIshing....sorry i dint have a cam to take pics ...Tight lines - Slayer05

rusty6
08-13-2008, 05:47 PM
woah woah woah, where is this creek? i was hoping there would be a trout creek somewhere in our area up there.

surfnfish
08-13-2008, 07:33 PM
What part of the creek did you fish? Ive only seen it right at the mouth and there the water is hardly flowing, I can't believe theres native trout in it, but it,s cool to know that there are

troutslayer05
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Ya its like 60 miles away on the one rusty. We should hit that up when u get back. Ya I did unfortunaly have one casualty as he completly swallowed my panther. Next time i will bust out the fly rod. I fished from the trail head up to the waterfall. Amazing place. I know how Tj feels now having to creep up on these fish.

tacklejunkie
08-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Nice work man.
You learn the real definition of ninja fishing when you have to hide from the fish! :LOL:

Badfish2
08-15-2008, 01:28 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmon_Creek,_California

troutslayer05
08-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Badfish...Wrong Salmon creek.....little bit lower down the map