PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, May 26, 2007 San Diego/ La Jolla w/ pics.

fishincrzygrl
05-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Today was a good day, other than my adverse reaction :bawl: to the scopolamine patch (for seasickness, I usually do not get seasick, last time I almost did and didn't want to chance it this time so I decided to use the patch). I woke up at 3am feeling like I was going to die. I had all the bad side effects. Nausea, diziness, drymouth, blurred vision, uggghhhh what a crappy morinig. My :2cents: never use it!! The side effects are worse than feeling a bit nautious. I went fishing anyway and I am glad that I did! :D

The barracuda bite was good for about 2 hours between 8am and 10am. We ran out of live bait and headed back to Mission Bay to get a full scoop instaed of just a 1/2 scoop. We went back to the spot where we were catching the barracuda and the good bite was gone. We caught a few sandies on flylined sardines. A couple of the 'cuddas were caught on blue and white yo yo irons.

BTW I recovered from my reaction to the seasickness patch after about 2 hours of having it off. :D

I had a great day with rockbass, my dad (r0bo69), Captain Gary, and Joe and his son Joe Jr.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/sam1000/100_2275.jpg
my Dad and all the fishies.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/sam1000/100_2278.jpg
Me and one of the sandies.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/sam1000/100_2274.jpg
The entire boat's catch.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/sam1000/100_2277.jpg
Joe Jr. and a 'cudda.

P.S.: I didn't take many pictures this time I didn't feel that well all day. Hope everyone enjoyed my post.
Sam(fishincrzygrl)

jplee3
05-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the report! WTG! Sorry to hear about the adverse effects from the patch. :oops: You're scaring me - I'm scheduled for a trip out of Port Hueneme on Monday and have never been out fishing on a boat before. I'm debating whether or not to take dramamine or wear a patch/band or something.
I've been on boats before but haven't gotten seasick. Of course, I've never been on a boat for more than a few hours at most. :?

uandme
05-27-2007, 01:37 AM
nice batch of logs & bass! congrats! sorry to hear that you didn't feel so well. that really kills the day when ur feeling like crap. but looks like u guys had a great time so that's good.

was the cudas swimming right outside of the harbor? u're from mission bay right?

xtranzman
05-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Sorry to hear that damn patch got ya like that. Great to hear you were able to still go out and have a great day.

Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for the report. Great pics.

X

Re8elmonk0341
05-27-2007, 08:14 AM
WTG :thumb: out there, Killin' them cudaz. sorry to hear 'bout the adverse effect but I bet fight those things mad your forget 'bout being sick.

Jplee3, just me 2 cent dude. I use Dramamine less drowsy, works fine for me.

v6v6v6
05-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Real nice sized barries! Good job on the report.

As for the patch, it's like any other drug so some people are gonna have adverse reactions while others are completely fine. Glad you made it out alive. :lol:

Ambassadorhawg
05-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey Sam,

I have tried every seasick medication out there and the one I recommend is Bonine. It is mild and will not make you feel so druuged up like the others do.

Nice catch! I wish I was out there on those Gar with you guys. I am waiting for them to swim up a little closer to me so that I can torture them alot with the surface iron.

Thanks for the report and keep smiling!

IN2DEEP
05-27-2007, 09:22 AM
SCOPACE

http://www.hopepharm.com/motion/index.html

I hear this works great for motion sickness.
This will bring you back even if you are already sick. I understand that it will block the urge to vomit. :(
These are low dosage pills that you take only what you need.
I believe the Sco. patch has too high of a dosage for alot of people, especially smaller ones!
You need to get a prescription from your doctor (just like the "patch"). Be sure to print the info from their website when you go see your doctor because I've heard some doctors are not familiar with it.
Keep catching and good luck!!! :D

Scott

fishincrzygrl
05-27-2007, 10:12 AM
was the cudas swimming right outside of the harbor? u're from mission bay right?

We were near the La Jolla kelp. Yes we leave from Mission Bay right by Seaforth Landing is the slip where Gary's boat is kept.

Thanks everone for all the suggestions on motion sickness drugs :) .

Re8elmonk0341
05-27-2007, 10:16 AM
fishincrzygrl: Another thing that works...well for me is to get :beer: up! You'll forget 'bout everything motion sickness......fishing :lol: and you might throw up but that just means you've made room for more :beer: .

phish
05-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Re8el...last time I was getting sick...the deckhand told me to start drinking...being drunk beats being seasick...plus the fish start to look better...

ish...

ahhvtec
05-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Great report girl. Can't wait for the slimies to head up further north. Loving the pic of the deck!

Duc

JapanRon
05-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi fishincrzygrl,

Yikes .... Leave those cuda alone ! :shock: You're gonna catch them all while they're still down thee and none will be left for us guys up here !! :lol: :wink:

Nice report and pics. WTG on the fishys.

JapanRon

Tail Chaser
05-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Very nice cuda.Bummer about the Blah feeling.
Ginger works very good. Its a natural herb you can get it at a vitamin store. Take one the night before, and one in the AM before launch. Had a girlfriend that would get seasick very easy. Gave her the Ginger and the Accu Pressure wristband. She never got sick again.Even made it to Catalina with her.No problem They say Vitamin B6 works also.
Its a sailors remedy. Found the imfo online a few years back.

Tail Chaser
05-27-2007, 04:35 PM
double post :oops:

fishincrave
05-27-2007, 08:44 PM
great catch fishincrzygrl those cudas look great congrats on a great day on the water .

About that patch the same happend to me so i never put them on anymore i just take one or two dramamine an hour before i get on the boat and i'm good for the whole day even on overnight trips .

Good luck

Sean

SanDimasLMB
05-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Thats a lot of barries, good job.

EricU
05-28-2007, 03:45 PM
That is a Bone-load of fish! Lotsa fun I'm sure. Digging the youngster shot with his cuda.

Ginger works very good. Its a natural herb you can get it at a vitamin store. Take one the night before, and one in the AM before launch. Had a girlfriend that would get seasick very easy. Gave her the Ginger and the Accu Pressure wristband.

...I may suggest just Ginger Snaps cookies or just fresh ginger root. If you try the cookies and they don't work at least you have something later to yuke up. j/k, but they do work for some folks.