PDA

View Full Version : Yellow hunting off the LaJolla Beach Shores Made me Sick 8.10.08

Seng90806
08-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Heard the yellowtails were biting off the hook and many 20-30lber are being pulled up by kayakers so me and my bro wanted to give it a try...took out the BassHound with a 5HP motor and joined in with the 100 plus kayakers...it was still pitch dark when we got there so we waited until there was sunlight before heading out because we're not sure where to go...headed stright out just to see a whole bunch of kayakers aready out there....the waves were picking up as we headed out...bait used was whole squids with 1oz sinker....first couple fish pulled we up were huge Bat Rays and those suckers warmed things up by fighting and pulling our boat around...than we started pulling up nice size bonita...after about an hour or so i felt my stomach going nuts and i threw up all over the place and couldn't handle it any longer so we headed back shore...on the way back seen a couple yellowtail already landed on the kayaks...we gave it a try but i couldn't handle it so we called it and headed back home at 830....next time i head out to the ocean i need to think twice :LOL: everytime i go out its the same result...i cant hand out there

waiting for the sun to pop up:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/0145.jpg

heading out:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/0148.jpg

huge bat ray (approx. 50lb or more):

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/0149.jpg

Bonita caught:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/0152.jpg

getting ready to head back:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/0153.jpg

doyoufishmuch
08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Nice job on the bonita! If you haven't already, try takin some bonine when you go. Way better than dramamine and it worked for my little bros.

Seng90806
08-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Nice job on the bonita! If you haven't already, try takin some bonine when you go. Way better than dramamine and it worked for my little bros.

thats what i was told...might try taking it when i have the guts to go out there again :LOL:

Wingnut
08-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Hey brother Seng, I used to be just like you, really prone to seasickness. Dramamine, Bonine... nothing works. Then I got a prescription of Scopace... NO MORE SICKNESS! :Dancing Banana: The only side effects is a little dry mouth. Give it a try and get back out there and get your Yellowtail! :Cool: :Big Grin:

troutdog
08-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Grab that prescription and get back out there Seng! Maybe try a local landing boat to build up your sea legs? At least you guys got a chance to fight that ray and get some boneheads! Hope you are back at it soon.

TD

steve092
08-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Sucks about the seasickness. I still get it.

But good job on the fish!

JSAUCE818
08-13-2008, 07:04 AM
And I'm getting crap for taking my Boat to the salt by people saying its to small??......man,.... congrats putting in work on the lil TUB you guys got there, get back out there and land some Yellows on that Tub! it would be the sickest ish ever!....lol I also get sickness about 98% of the time, I try to fight it out as much as I can, the only thing I had taken and actually worked was the Patch, but you would have to get that from your Doctor. I doubt that your Local STREET Pharmacist would have that available for you....GET BACK OUT THERE MAN!!

bruce watson
08-13-2008, 07:06 AM
It is usually pretty flat there early in the morning. It's nice to see that you gave it a try.

one_leg
08-13-2008, 07:44 AM
SENG, you will be all right, just don't give up yet. Unless you have some sort of inner ear vestibular problem you should be able to find a remedy for your yak attacks. I wanna see you get some big mossbacks from that tub. We been trying to get you out on a boat with us for a long time. Make it happen dude!

And I'm getting crap for taking my Boat to the salt by people saying its to small??......man,.... congrats putting in work on the lil TUB you guys got there, get back out there and land some Yellows on that Tub! it would be the sickest ish ever!....lol I also get sickness about 98% of the time, I try to fight it out as much as I can, the only thing I had taken and actually worked was the Patch, but you would have to get that from your Doctor. I doubt that your Local STREET Pharmacist would have that available for you....GET BACK OUT THERE MAN!!

Jesse, as long as you don't puke on me I'd be willing to fish the salt from your tub Bro!!!

chris
08-13-2008, 08:38 AM
thats what i was told...might try taking it when i have the guts to go out there again :LOL:

i used to get seasick after i quit smoking cigarettes. I don't know why it bacame differentbut i used t go all the time when i was younger then got back into ocean fishing, i went on 2 trips then quit smoking and the next 5 trips made me sick. then i started taking dissolvable bonine 12 hours before the trip then every 8 after that and afetr a year of that i got my new sea legs and only get sick when on diesel burners now. but you will find me green and puking at the rail, it's amazing how people get out of the way when your chuckin as you run the rail with a hot fish!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Dude dont even worry about it i cant hang on lil boats like that either i always get sick on my friends 18ft bass tracker when we hit open water near the riggs but i can hang on big boats good.

SAMIAM
08-13-2008, 10:20 PM
What causes seasickness for some people and not for others?

That is interesting. I got seasick once and only once in my life and that was when I first rode a cattle boat the City of Redondo when I was a little kid.

Only one time I was seasick. After that, never happened again. No patch, no bonine, dramamine , nothing.

But getting seasick sucks. I still remember that feeling. Must suck to get it.

And it was pretty calm out there in LJ it looked like too. :LOL:

one_leg
08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Might wanna replace those CF #'s on the tub too before ya get a ticket?

It looks like it was Lake Pacific out there. See what too much crappie fishin' will do to a person!!!

Sorry Mike, I was j/k. You can never have too much crappie fishin'!!!

Seng90806
08-13-2008, 11:29 PM
SENG, you will be all right, just don't give up yet. Unless you have some sort of inner ear vestibular problem you should be able to find a remedy for your yak attacks.

whats ear vestibular problem?

one_leg
08-14-2008, 12:03 AM
whats ear vestibular problem?

The vestibular system is comprised of the vestibule, the semicircular canals, the vestibular branch of the vestibulocochlear nerve, and the vestibular center in the brain and it measures linear and rotational movement.

In laymans terms, it's the part of your ear that communicates with your brain to tell it when you are level and if it gets conflicting information it can cause you to get vertigo. That in turn can cause you to experience motion sickness.

Way too much information to post here. There can be many causes for motion sickness. Some of these can be dealt with using medications. Others may require surgery. Some people will never be able to avoid becoming nauseous. If you have recurring motion sickness that is not able to be controlled it might be a good idea to consult your physician to make sure it isn't something serious. A visit to your Dr. just might discover a potential problem that could lead to a stroke or worse yet, DEATH!!!!!

Let's go fishing Dude!!!

Troutman65
08-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Yeah that sucks chumming all over yourself. Thanks for the report.

crappiemike
08-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Seng you should know by now the remedy is four bulls from
lake perris sunny side up! Those are some nice boanheads!
Looks like i can go back to fishing in few days or so, and
remember the crappie are just starting to bite!! Lol!!

Crappiemike

lizzay
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
WTG on those bones, hey, why don't you get that prescribed meds and we hit up the 3/4 day???

lizzay
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
the vestibular system is comprised of the vestibule, the semicircular canals, the vestibular branch of the vestibulocochlear nerve, and the vestibular center in the brain and it measures linear and rotational movement.

In laymans terms, it's the part of your ear that communicates with your brain to tell it when you are level and if it gets conflicting information it can cause you to get vertigo. That in turn can cause you to experience motion sickness.

Way too much information to post here. There can be many causes for motion sickness. Some of these can be dealt with using medications. Others may require surgery. Some people will never be able to avoid becoming nauseous. If you have recurring motion sickness that is not able to be controlled it might be a good idea to consult your physician to make sure it isn't something serious. A visit to your dr. Just might discover a potential problem that could lead to a stroke or worse yet, death!!!!!

Let's go fishing dude!!!

omg.......

ghetto dad
08-14-2008, 04:26 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! You cambodians and your seasickness....LOL.....did the bonita boil on your puke bro???

GD

lizzay
08-14-2008, 05:45 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! You cambodians and your seasickness....LOL.....did the bonita boil on your puke bro???

GD

What does cambodians have to do with this???? I don't get motion sickness...

ghetto dad
08-14-2008, 06:18 PM
What does cambodians have to do with this???? I don't get motion sickness...

I too, am also Cambodian....

flyngby
08-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Too bad you had to deal with the sickness.

I am that way also but usually when I don't make it last call earlier on the proir evening.

You will get it figured out and be able to get out there again and get them.

Thanks for the report!!!!

Steve

one_leg
08-14-2008, 08:22 PM
did the bonita boil on your puke bro???

GD

What a mental picture that paints. :ROFL: Better than the cat food.

FishNFurious
08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Sucks being sick out there, ruins your whole day. :mad:
Thanks for the report.

Seng90806
08-15-2008, 03:49 AM

GD

GD you still a clown man...lol...i need to get out on a deepsea trip with you of these days so u can show me how to do it....I puked in the boat thats how i caught those two boneheads...they jumped right in the boat after my puke....:LOL:

Seng90806
08-15-2008, 03:50 AM
I too, am also Cambodian....

he's a homemade cambodian...LOL!!!

one_leg
08-15-2008, 08:26 AM
GD you still a clown man...lol...
i need to get out on a deepsea trip with you of these days so u can show me how to do it....
I puked in the boat thats how i caught those two boneheads...:LOL:

Seng, you can fish the stern, I'll be fishing the bow when you go out on the salt with us.

bonestock
08-15-2008, 08:59 AM
dramaminie hours before and knaw on strips of ginger or ginger candy while on board.

FISHINGBEE
08-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey brother Seng, I used to be just like you, really prone to seasickness. Dramamine, Bonine... nothing works. Then I got a prescription of Scopace... NO MORE SICKNESS! :Dancing Banana: The only side effects is a little dry mouth. Give it a try and get back out there and get your Yellowtail! :Cool: :Big Grin: Yeh that stuff really works. The perscription is better than dramamine or bonine. The dramamine makes you sleepy. I can say i have seen lakes rougher than the ocean was that day. Unless you have problems with major motion sickness like rollercoasters, car rides, planes,etc. Try the perscription get your yellowtail it will be worth all the efforts.

congrats on the bonies and mud marlin. FISHINGBEE

ghetto dad
08-19-2008, 06:55 PM
GD you still a clown man...lol...i need to get out on a deepsea trip with you of these days so u can show me how to do it....I puked in the boat thats how i caught those two boneheads...they jumped right in the boat after my puke....:LOL:

Man, its been so long since i made a real trip, id prolly get sick too man......keep fishin brother

GD

hakaveli
08-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Man, its been so long since i made a real trip, id prolly get sick too man......keep fishin brother

GD

U need to get out man

one_leg
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
dramaminie hours before and knaw on strips of ginger or ginger candy while on board.

Oh man, I'd have chewed on Ginger if I had known she would have helped.

ghetto dad
08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
U need to get out man

I know man....im just waiting for your reply on the other thread...lol.....as long as all my friends are killing them, its almost as good.....

GD

hakaveli
08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I know man....im just waiting for your reply on the other thread...lol.....as long as all my friends are killing them, its almost as good.....

GD

lol i aint responding in those and put fuel in the fire
lol

get out on a 3/4 day at least man

CoffeaRobusta
08-19-2008, 07:56 PM
There's no hope for you man. It looks calm as heck out there. j/k. Hope some remedy works for you. If it doesn't you wanna sell me that boat cheap?

Glad you caught some fish. thanks for sharing.

one_leg
08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
get out on a 3/4 day at least man

You heard the HCIC, GET OUT THERE MAN!!! :ROFL: