PDA

View Full Version : Aggressor 8/11

plumbertom
08-12-2008, 10:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday dawned through overcast skies to find me down south aways on board the aggressor with 18 other hopefuls.
We trolled along looking for kelp paddies that were holding fish, with a stop here and there to knock but finding no one home we moved on.
Eventually we did find a few that were willing to answer our call and I managed to boat one small dodo.
Later in the day I hooked up with a fair sized fish and brought it to the boat amongst a tangle of lines. Although my hook was plainly in the fishes gut the fish was claimed by another person who had done nothing all day but tangle other peoples lines by not keeping contact with his bait.
I don't doubt that that fish ate his bait but he had no clue that it had happened until I stuck the fish and it took off.
Rather than argue the matter I let him have the fish, it wasn't worth a fight.
But for the rest of the day I couldn't get bit. I had only brought 30lb as my lightest rig because my lighter combo needs repair and the after the sun came out the fish weren't interested in any thing heavier than 20.