PDA

View Full Version : hey questions for good boat to take on sep 13th

Ray Lopez
08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
hey all long time no post, but i got a call from my cousin in law that his father is gonna be coming to town on the week of the 13th of sep and he wants to do some saltwater fishing.

So the question is: What boat is killing um right now, and what is hitting during this time of the year?

His pop's is from New Jersey and he has never fished the salt here on the west coast and they are all depending on me to show them the ropes.

so help me look like i know what im doing please hahahaa.

much thanks in advanced hommies.

Cangler
08-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I always recommend these guys ...

http://www.captnhooks.com/index.php

one_leg
08-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Maybe give ghetto dad a shout Holmes.

Native Sun, or the Spitfire perhapssshhhhhh?

Ricky-Ray
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Hard to say what and where they are going to be biting in a month or so. Last year around that time the Albies were around and we were catching them offshore. The Freedom scored pretty good on them last year. I know I did a 2 day trip on them last year in the beginning of September and we boated almost 200 albies and that was just day one.

Also where do you want to leave out of? San Diego? Orange County Area? LA county Area? Ventura area? That's gonna make a difference too.

It would also depend on what type of fishing he want's to do or does he just want to get out on the water and he'll be happy with whatever he catches? If that's the case here would be a couple of good alway's faithful trips that I've alway's had good luck on:

Overnight - Freedom out of 22nd. St. Landing. Usually will targe offshore if the albies are biting, if not they will mainly fish San Clemente Island

3/4 day trip - Spitfire out of Redondo Sportfishing, Freelance out of Davey's Locker, usually target local waters or Catalina Island whichever has the hotter bite. Corolom out of Ventura Harbor mainly target's rockfish

Also do you wanna do open party trips? Limited Load trips? Six pack trips?

one_leg
08-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Get Captain JSauce818 to take you on his new Sportfishing boat.

Ray Lopez
08-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Hard to say what and where they are going to be biting in a month or so. Last year around that time the Albies were around and we were catching them offshore. The Freedom scored pretty good on them last year. I know I did a 2 day trip on them last year in the beginning of September and we boated almost 200 albies and that was just day one.

Also where do you want to leave out of? San Diego? Orange County Area? LA county Area? Ventura area? That's gonna make a difference too.

It would also depend on what type of fishing he want's to do or does he just want to get out on the water and he'll be happy with whatever he catches? If that's the case here would be a couple of good alway's faithful trips that I've alway's had good luck on:

Overnight - Freedom out of 22nd. St. Landing. Usually will targe offshore if the albies are biting, if not they will mainly fish San Clemente Island

3/4 day trip - Spitfire out of Redondo Sportfishing, Freelance out of Davey's Locker, usually target local waters or Catalina Island whichever has the hotter bite. Corolom out of Ventura Harbor mainly target's rockfish

Also do you wanna do open party trips? Limited Load trips? Six pack trips?
just looking for a 3/4 open party. thanks again for the tips

Get Captain JSauce818 to take you on his new Sportfishing boat.
yeeeeeeeea right that dirty mofo keeps telling me he is gonna take me and nothing happened lol

Ray Lopez
08-23-2008, 07:48 AM
bump

come on help a brother out people.

i gotta look like a salt water rockstar on the 13th lol

bsp
08-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Go with the Spitfire.

Ricky-Ray
08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
3/4 day trip - Spitfire out of Redondo Sportfishing

Freelance out of Davey's Locker (mostly likely they will still be running limited load extended 3/4 day trips so it would probably be limited to 30 some anglers and cost 95 bucks), usually target local waters or Catalina Island whichever has the hotter bite.

Coroloma out of Ventura Harbor mainly target's rockfish. Yellowtail and Seabass a possibility if they are around and biting.

I've also been hearing some good stuff about the Aloha Spirit out of Captain Hooks in Oxndard. It's run by Sean Steward who use to run the Excel. Great captain, you can't go wrong with him. I have not personally been on this boat but I have had friends that have been on it and had a good time.

Spitfire, Freelance and Coroloma I've been on and have good luck with them.

calico killer kevin
08-24-2008, 02:31 AM
MISSION BELLE out of Seaforth in San Diego. They have been killing the yellows out on the .75 days or the Malihini out of H&M.