PDA

View Full Version : Bass in Owen's River

patusc55
08-11-2008, 02:16 PM
What's the status of bass fishing in the Lower Owens? Are there LMB or SMB there? Did the flooding affect that area too like it did the Kern?

troutslayer05
08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
A couple years ago my godmother that lives in Bishop caught a 4 pound largemouth out of the lower owens. I think she caught it on a cricket. Dont know if the flooding affected the water tho. Good luck -Slayer05

megafisher94
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
there are fishing there, you just have to look... black rock road is a good one and tinnemaha resovior is good too. at black rock use salt&pepper plastic leeches on the drop shot but in the res. its way easy, ive caught em' on plastics, crank baits, spinners, ect.

my last trip was in 05' and i caught 8 lmb's in the res. my biggest was only 2lbs... im not much of a bass fisherman and dont know about the seasons or anything but i caught those bass in late march, the fishing might be better or worse, the bass bigger or smaller in differant parts of the year.

good luck!

patusc55
08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Where is it? Is it above or below Tinemaha?

usmcfisherman
09-01-2008, 06:00 PM
theres both.SMB are more common bigpine-bridgeport.LMB are bishop to lonepine.march to september are the seasons.look for were blugill and crappie are hiding in little pond/river sloughs.

jeff4321
09-01-2008, 10:17 PM
There are bass ponds 5 minutes outside of bishop. I think its called "buckley ponds". I fished there once and did suprisingly well. Caught a bunch of bass and bluegill. I also saw some 4 lb+ fish swimmin around... so there are some big fish... and RYGUYS 7' st croix, shimano sedona UL combo is at the bottom of one of the ponds hahahah

cjschock
09-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I know that the Buckley ponds have bluegill and redear but are there crappie anywhere up in the sierra area. Also what other areas have good panfishing up that way. Any info would be appreciated.

Badfish2
09-03-2008, 03:45 AM
Anything from Bishop south has bass...both largemouth and smallies