PDA

View Full Version : King Harbor 8/9

bonitoboy
08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

Took my inflatable out to King Harbor to see if the bonito were biting. Got there and met a couple of guys who pulled a 26 in hali, later on in the day they pulled in another 24 in. Bonito fishing would be impossible. Too many birds diving on whatever you threw. Switched up to bass hunting and pulled in:

1 calico-11 in (released)
3 sand bass- 11,12,13 (released)
1 senorita- (released)

Farmed a few, seemed like everytime I tried to eat my lunch, I would get bit.

Good 4 hrs of fishing 10a to 2p. Fished carolina rig with 1/4 egg. 10#braid. Later while docking I met a couple other guys who caught a 18 in sand bass.

BIGRED KILLA
08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the report did you see a lot of seals out there i would like to tube that place or yak but i heard there are a lot of seals.

Bigred

fatherof5
08-11-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm trying to get my brother out there. Can you share a general location where you were? I've only been out on the pier and have no clue where the fish may be.

bonitoboy
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the report did you see a lot of seals out there i would like to tube that place or yak but i heard there are a lot of seals.

Bigred

Hi Not a lot of seals in the water. Mostly birds being pesky. Not sure if you can float tube in there. The harbor patrol usually keeps things pretty tight in there as it is not too big. This last weekend was the first time this summer that we haven't been hassled.

bonitoboy
08-12-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm trying to get my brother out there. Can you share a general location where you were? I've only been out on the pier and have no clue where the fish may be.

Do you have a skiff or plan to rent one? Do you plan to fish the rocks? On the jetty you want to be as far down as you can go. Just be careful and don't get hurt. If you are in a skiff, there are spots at the end of the jetty/mouth of the harbor that are really kelpy, thats where you want to be. Be prepared to be hung up on salad a lot if you do not know where to cast. Braided line is best to cut the kelp. Just stay away from rocks as braid is easily broken by sharp rock. The bass are not shy if they are there.

Good luck!

bsp
08-12-2008, 06:18 PM

There is always a nice assortment of fish off of the sport fishing pier. Soak some shrimp and see what happens!