PDA

View Full Version : Daveys locker

Tfisherman
08-10-2008, 11:15 PM
My son wanted to go deep sea fishing, so we went to daveys locker out of newport beach, overall the fishing was slow and we moved to several spots looking for fish, we had a little action on bonita my son caught 2 nice ones in the 3-4 lb range. The early morning bite was even slower, the deck hands said.

JapanRon
08-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi tFisherman,

Good for you on getting out .... WO or slow gotta be great out with family !!

JapanRon

one_leg
08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Glad you didn't have to report a crummy trip/

O_L

Tfisherman
08-13-2008, 02:30 AM
They did work hard to get us on the fish, and with the price of gas, moving around must cost, even with slow fishing it still was great just to get out, and my son will have some fish stories to tell his army buddies when he gets back.

dodgerfan
08-13-2008, 03:49 AM
what's always on my mind on cattle boats is how good the captain is. is he just taking our money and doesnt give a crap if he puts us on fish or is he really trying hard, not thinking about gas prices, and trying to get tight lines on the boat. i believe its a little of both but some boats are definitely clear on their stance but some people just don't see it. i've been on boats where ive been so aggravated because the captain is acting like an idiot and i am using more of my fishing knowledge than this captain who has made this his life. especially when fishing inshore where u know the water and u want to tell the captain to just move lets say east 300 yards for an awesome calico bite while we stay in the spot getting the fat skunk.