PDA

View Full Version : WFO Threshers!

mickeysindahouse
08-10-2008, 06:08 PM
This used to be a report about my Thresher trip that I got flamed for. Being accused of killing and/or mishandling Threshers pups...etc. So in the place of my original cruel post, I leave you all with something that truly urks me. Why would they board this beautiful "Calico" on the boat? Aren't they breeders at this size? Oh, wait...is it really a Calico? Hmm...

I guess there just aren't very many responsible anglers & captains around nowadays are there? MDR...Gosh, why haven't I gone on that boat lately???

http://www.mickeysindahouse.com/fishing/bsb.jpg

rusty6
08-10-2008, 06:42 PM
that looks like quite the epic day you had there man.

steve092
08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Nice threshers!

supasportkid
08-10-2008, 07:24 PM
AWesome report and pics!!! congrats

BIGRED KILLA
08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the pics and report looks like time to break in the new yak with some pups.

Bigred

one_leg
08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I luv eatin them darned thrashers. Way to go out there! Thnx for the report.

Congrats to you and the fine young lady who won the Jackpot.

O_L

chilibeast
08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Nice work!

calico killer kevin
08-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Nice looking girls...I mean sharks.(my bad)

Troutman65
08-10-2008, 10:00 PM
That one shot of the thrasher totally out of the water is RAD !!!

Thanks for the great report and pics.

Congrats on your catch

klocked
08-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Looks like fun!! Cool report too.

I love T-shark and here's a simple recipe...

Fire up the bbq
make up some tinfoil trays to cook your t-shark steaks in
put some butter in each tray
sprinkle some seasoning like garlic or lemon pepper on the steaks
put the steaks into the tinfoil trays
put more butter on top of the steaks along with sliced "red" onion
set them on the bbq and close the lid
cook until done and enjoy
:LOL: Tasty!!

sh1nynewlove
08-10-2008, 11:30 PM
wow thats just crazy... :EyePop:

mickeysindahouse
08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Looks like fun!! Cool report too.

I love T-shark and here's a simple recipe...

Fire up the bbq
make up some tinfoil trays to cook your t-shark steaks in
put some butter in each tray
sprinkle some seasoning like garlic or lemon pepper on the steaks
put the steaks into the tinfoil trays
put more butter on top of the steaks along with sliced "red" onion
set them on the bbq and close the lid
cook until done and enjoy
:LOL: Tasty!!
Thanks for the recipe KLOCKED! Will definitely give it a try. I gave away the fins to a buddy of mine. He's supposed to make some soup out of 'em. All I asked was that he let me try it. :D

Thanks again, it sounds yummy.

ironshrimp
08-11-2008, 01:07 PM
miguel,

you' da man

good to see you're out there on fish

last time we went out from Malibu, fishing sucked

redeemed bro!!!

I'll give you a shot out later on...this weekends my b-day weekend so there's fishing plans in the works

yeeee....haaaww!

mickeysindahouse
08-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Adir,

Glad to hear from you bro. I was hoping to run into you on Sunday. Didn't run into any of the regulars so it's a good thing the fishing was good otherwise it would have been a boring trip. Lots of families & newbie fishermen. It was fun watching guys with Walmart spinner setups with 15 lb line getting spooled & snapped left & right.

Hit me up with your plans for the weekend. I may join ya if you go on Sunday. Work owns me on Sat. :( We gotta get you out on the water for your B-Day!

miguel,
you' da man
good to see you're out there on fish
last time we went out from Malibu, fishing sucked
redeemed bro!!!

I'll give you a shot out later on...this weekends my b-day weekend so there's fishing plans in the works

yeeee....haaaww!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 02:25 PM
i think killing sharks is pretty f'd up and dumb but thats my opinion but w.e floats your guys boat as i dont need to argue because im out numbered by vote who likes killing these guys and it seems like all of you!! :Sad: its 1 to 20 i dont win..

ZBA

Doe
08-11-2008, 02:49 PM
i think killing sharks is pretty f'd up and dumb but thats my opinion but w.e floats your guys boat as i dont need to argue because im out numbered by vote who likes killing these guys and it seems like all of you!! :Sad: its 1 to 20 i dont win..

ZBA

I agree with ya Zombie, What i really cant beleive is a sport boat captain would even take people to fish for these babies. Malibu is a known thresher nursery, a sport boat captain should be doing his best to protect babies not leading them to slaughter

I know i will never go on this boat, the captain does not deserve the business

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree with ya Zombie, What i really cant beleive is a sport boat captain would even take people to fish for these babies. Malibu is a known thresher nursery, a sport boat captain should be doing his best to protect babies not leading them to slaughter

I know i will never go on this boat, the captain does not deserve the business

right on!! atleast someone hears my opinion thanks doe! i think these sharks need to be a protected species.

ironshrimp
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
easy killer

it's so easy to criticize when you're safe and sound behind a keyboard

I've fished with Miguel before and believe me when I say he's a competent and responsible angler

all onboard including miguel are well within their legal rights...whether or not you thinks it's right and moral is totally subjective

but blasting on someone's post is one very ineffective way to get your point across

Frankie says "Relax"

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 03:13 PM
easy killer

it's so easy to criticize when you're safe and sound behind a keyboard

I've fished with Miguel before and believe me when I say he's a competent and responsible angler

all onboard including miguel are well within their legal rights...whether or not you thinks it's right and moral is totally subjective

but blasting on someone's post is one very ineffective way to get your point across

Frankie says "Relax"

what the fk are you talking about???? did i blast on anyone i said it sucks..your pretty dumb id say all this stuff to your face bro ...go head and kill lil baby sharks all you want and wait and think before you open your mouth

ironshrimp
08-11-2008, 03:19 PM
K...you HAVE a point...I think you've been watching a bit too much "Shark Week" though

put down the crack pipe and take a deep breath....

the persons/people you really should focus your ire on are the commercial/Intl. fishing fleets....

you seem articulate and passionate enough about the issue to do something about it..so why don't you

If you like I can PM you some useful links...there's all kinds of public shareholders meetings and the DFG does have an open public forum they hold annually

smoke a doob "bro"

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 03:20 PM
whatever i dont even know why im wasting my time with people like you ..i spoke my opinion and im heard ..im done with this pathetic thread.

Doe
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
the persons/people you really should focus your ire on are the commercial/Intl. fishing fleets....

Long line commercial fisherman are not allowed to fish that close to shore, so that issue has already been taken care of, now its the recreational anglers that need to practice catch and release in this nursery zone. Go ahead and kill all of them you want but remember to tell your kids when your fishing with them in the future and there complaining about not catching anything that when you were young it was our legal right to kill as many as we wanted and we did. Thats why there are none left for you to catch

Just cause its legal does not make it right

I am not trying to bash these anglers, they paid to go fishing and they should fish, I doubt they even knew they would be targeting babies when they went out. My problen is with this sport boat captain, He doesnt deserve to make a living as a recreational sport boat captain

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Long line commercial fisherman are not allowed to fish that close to shore, so that issue has already been taken care of, now its the recreational anglers that need to practice catch and release in this nursery zone. Go ahead and kill all of them you want but remember to tell your kids when your fishing with them in the future and there complaining about not catching anything that when you were young it was our legal right to kill as many as we wanted and we did. Thats why there are none left for you to catch

Just cause its legal does not make it right

I am not trying to bash these anglers, they paid to go fishing and they should fish, I doubt they even knew they would be targeting babies when they went out. My problen is with this sport boat captain, He doesnt deserve to make a living as a recreational sport boat captain

these people are to brain dead to know what they are doing is wrong and it may be legal but what for??..there i said it i dont care go ahead bash on me...im with you doe.

one_leg
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I haven't caught any yet. But I like to eat them.
Maybe I will be able to catch them someday if there are any left?

SoCalGuy7
08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Great report and pics, Mickey!
Nice fish, bet it will taste great!

SCG7

4g63power
08-11-2008, 05:02 PM
cool! looks like everyone had a great time out there! i've never caught thresher before it sure looks fun! thanks for the report and enjoy the bbq!

Cangler
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Way to go !

Shark fishing is such fun !

Troutman65
08-11-2008, 06:37 PM
:Shocked:

:Argument:

:BFish:

:whistle::Popcorn:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
:Shocked:

:Argument:

:BFish:

:whistle::Popcorn:

:Guns::Finger::Death2Above:

Liteliner
08-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Nice shark man. Wide open bite and fishin with two hotties who fish. Sounds like heaven bro.... Hehe... They are only hotties though if they are over 18.

Stormcrow
08-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Wow, how sad. I am totally against this type of take. And you jump on Zombie for sharing his opinion? How gay. Shark fishing is so easy. It takes no skill and is simply HORRIBLE for the coastal ecosystem. Any reason why you didnt release those? Trying to impress the 15 Year Olds?

I can just see it now:(year 2013):
Miguel: "Dude, did I tell you? me, Joker, Joker Jr, Baby Joker, and little Chuy ran out 400 gallons of gas in the boat looking for Threshers but we didnt catch any.

Ironshrimp: "Wow, there arent any of them anymore. I wonder why?

Miguel: "Remember back in the day when we used to slaughter them and post pictures? Remember that one I lifted up. It was only 40 lbs or so but I couldnt lift alot and almost pissed myself."

Ironshrimp: "Ya, I remember that, then that guy Zombie had the audacity to say he didnt agree with taking juvenile threshers...wait, do I even know what 'audacity' means?

Miguel: "Oh well, guess those guys who were for conservation were right. I still have that shark in my freezer from 5 years ago. Guess we can go back to catching tomcod off the pier."

Wish you could have released them after some nice pictures. Its gonna be sad when there are no more. I heard someone mention legal rights? I can show you where you can shove them if you like. I will never board that guys boat.

Troutman65
08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
:Guns::Finger::Death2Above:

I thought my post was rather funny. Yours made me laugh too.:Big Grin:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Wow, how sad. I am totally against this type of take. And you jump on Zombie for sharing his opinion? How gay. Shark fishing is so easy. It takes no skill and is simply HORRIBLE for the coastal ecosystem. Any reason why you didnt release those? Trying to impress the 15 Year Olds?

I can just see it now:(year 2013):
Miguel: "Dude, did I tell you? me, Joker, Joker Jr, Baby Joker, and little Chuy ran out 400 gallons of gas in the boat looking for Threshers but we didnt catch any.

Ironshrimp: "Wow, there arent any of them anymore. I wonder why?

Miguel: "Remember back in the day when we used to slaughter them and post pictures? Remember that one I lifted up. It was only 40 lbs or so but I couldnt lift alot and almost pissed myself."

Ironshrimp: "Ya, I remember that, then that guy Zombie had the audacity to say he didnt agree with taking juvenile threshers...wait, do I even know what 'audacity' means?

Miguel: "Oh well, guess those guys who were for conservation were right. I still have that shark in my freezer from 5 years ago. Guess we can go back to catching tomcod off the pier."

Wish you could have released them after some nice pictures. Its gonna be sad when there are no more. I heard someone mention legal rights? I can show you where you can shove them if you like. I will never board that guys boat.

haha jason your the man..as always we have to deal with morons from time to time on here but theres not much we can do or say to them to make them understand mother nature and how it works...maybe one day this man that kept all these baby t-sharks will be at the beach swimming with his family and having a nice time and then have a adult t-shark take a nice bite out of his but!!!! karma is a b i t c h..:ROFL: and oh it will come to him.

Reelbacklash
08-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Did any of these fish have "tags" on them? Mid week last week I tagged 2 baby T's, like these in the malibu area?
A couple years ago I could go catch a few big T's in the malibu area (100-200 lbs) as thats were the mommas go to drop the kids off but the last 2 years have been off. This gives me a better answer as to why.

At this rate the MPLA will have their way and most if not all off Malibu will be closed to fishing, not to mention most of catalina, PV and some other ares south.

Who will be first in line to complain, **** and moan when these proposals pass? The greedy!

CPR

mickeysindahouse
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Wowsers, I never expected this thread to go South the way that it did. But hey, to each his own.

DFG Regs state in article 28.42: Shortfin Mako Shark, Thresher Shark, and Blue Shark. Limit: TWO of each species. With that cleared up I do believe that the girl who caught 2 Threshers and myself were well within our limits.

The Angler's story:
Nobody knew we were targeting Threshers. I brought my rock fishing setups & a heavy one just in case. That "case" became evident so what was I (PETA-fied angler) to do on a 1/2 day boat that was targeting Threshers for the entire trip? B!tch & whine all day at the Captain & his crew, begging to fish other waters? Had I done that I'm sure I would have ended up in the water due to pissed & annoyed anglers. My choice was sit & watch as others have fun "fishing" on a "fishing boat" or "FISH?!" I chose to do the latter.

Captain's Story:
As far as the captain being a lousy captain for bringing his sportfishing boat to Thresher grounds, well that's all subjective. From a business standpoint, he did what was best for THE BUSINESS. Fish counts are what drives clientele, and lately they've been catching salmon grouper & dink rock fish. So in my honest opinion, the captain was seeking a little job security. True, his practices may drive away Shark lovers, but I'm sure that he'd get 90% customers vs. 10% flamers.

My Story:
I've done my share of fishing in the last couple years ranging from Crappie, Trout, LMB & Stripers in the lakes. In the ocean I've also got a few under my belt ranging from Halis & Sharks at the surf, Tuna by the Islands, Rock Fish locally, etc. I'd never been shark fishing before so for me it was a sight to see these beautiful animals putting on an acrobatic display just a few feet from out boat. How often do you get to get your rod bent by fish weighing no less than 40 lbs on a 1/2 day boat? C'mon, no way I was going to let this one by.

I consider myself a very responsible angler and always limit what I catch rather than catch my limits. In fresh water I honor LMB's and have kept ZERO to this date. I've been known to release halibut off the surf simply because I know that if I let it go someone else will get the chance to experience the same excitement I did. The rule that I follow is if I'm paying to board a boat, then I'm coming back home with a sack full of fish. The only way I come home empty handed is if I've skunked or caught two or less fish, at which point I give them away. Other than that, Just about every fish I catch (except for every other Halibut) is CP&R'd.

Do I feel any shame for killing a pup? Absolutely not! I've got pix & a story to share with my kids & family. I can now put a check mark by Shark fishing. Did I mention that I fought a total of 6 T's? One got away at the boat, while the other 4 were played with & I enjoyed every second of it. I got my rod bent & more than got my money's worth. Will I target sharks again? Who knows... One thing for sure, not one ounce of shark will go wasted. Yesterday we had Teriyaki BBQ Thresher paired with some Newcastles, today we had shark soup and tomorrow we're probably making Shark Tacos with Coronas. All this and I'm only half way through my catch.

Flaming on others' reports is just plain G@Y! If someone reports on a catch you don't approve of, then STFU & kindly read the next post. PM the poster if you have really that big a problem with their practices. Don't compete in the Special Olympics by arguing on the Net, because in the end even if you win you're still retarded. :D

The intention of these forums are to build camaraderie with those who share a common hobby, to share your knowledge and learn from others. Ultimately forums are a great avenue to educate others and keep them from being poachers who fish without licenses or don't follow the regs. As we all know, fish have size & quantity limits that are set by a department who has plenty of research power behind its operation. If a fish isn't on the restricted list, then it's probably not likely to die off because you kept your legal share of that species.

Should Malibu be closed off to fishing then be it and let the ecosystem redevelop. They've done wonders with the WSB population. B!tchy as we may get about certain regs that DFG & MPLA come up with it's still our duty as responsible anglers to follow them. If that's too much to cope with then take up another hobby or work your way towards a spot on the PETA board.

My 3 cents.

mstr fish
08-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Wow. This sounds like the LMB situation on the fresh water side. Congrats on your catch. Not being very experianced on this side can someone please tell me why the tension? According to a few reports there have been lots of Dorado and Yellowtail taken ( to name a couple species) and no one has complained. Again not trying to start anything would just like to be schooled...........................fish

mickeysindahouse
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow. This sounds like the LMB situation on the fresh water side. Congrats on your catch. Not being very experianced on this side can someone please tell me why the tension? According to a few reports there have been lots of Dorado and Yellowtail taken ( to name a couple species) and no one has complained. Again not trying to start anything would just like to be schooled...........................fish

Yup, LMB's in the salt all over again. Problem with the T's is that there are about 500 of them left and we killed 5 of 'em on Sunday. Stats have slipped by MPLA & DFG right through the cracks, but some of our concerned board members have noted the fact & are trying to make a difference by flaming on my report.

Frankly, this kinda cr@p makes me wanna go out there Wednesday with my buddies in search of limits, only to p!$$ off the PETA ladies & Tree Huggers.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Wowsers, I never expected this thread to go South the way that it did. But hey, to each his own.

DFG Regs state in article 28.42: Shortfin Mako Shark, Thresher Shark, and Blue Shark. Limit: TWO of each species. With that cleared up I do believe that the girl who caught 2 Threshers and myself were well within our limits.

The Angler's story:
Nobody knew we were targeting Threshers. I brought my rock fishing setups & a heavy one just in case. That "case" became evident so what was I (PETA-fied angler) to do on a 1/2 day boat that was targeting Threshers for the entire trip? B!tch & whine all day at the Captain & his crew, begging to fish other waters? Had I done that I'm sure I would have ended up in the water due to pissed & annoyed anglers. My choice was sit & watch as others have fun "fishing" on a "fishing boat" or "FISH?!" I chose to do the latter.

Captain's Story:
As far as the captain being a lousy captain for bringing his sportfishing boat to Thresher grounds, well that's all subjective. From a business standpoint, he did what was best for THE BUSINESS. Fish counts are what drives clientele, and lately they've been catching salmon grouper & dink rock fish. So in my honest opinion, the captain was seeking a little job security. True, his practices may drive away Shark lovers, but I'm sure that he'd get 90% customers vs. 10% flamers.

My Story:
I've done my share of fishing in the last couple years ranging from Crappie, Trout, LMB & Stripers in the lakes. In the ocean I've also got a few under my belt ranging from Halis & Sharks at the surf, Tuna by the Islands, Rock Fish locally, etc. I'd never been shark fishing before so for me it was a sight to see these beautiful animals putting on an acrobatic display just a few feet from out boat. How often do you get to get your rod bent by fish weighing no less than 40 lbs on a 1/2 day boat? C'mon, no way I was going to let this one by.

I consider myself a very responsible angler and always limit what I catch rather than catch my limits. In fresh water I honor LMB's and have kept ZERO to this date. I've been known to release halibut off the surf simply because I know that if I let it go someone else will get the chance to experience the same excitement I did. The rule that I follow is if I'm paying to board a boat, then I'm coming back home with a sack full of fish. The only way I come home empty handed is if I've skunked or caught two or less fish, at which point I give them away. Other than that, Just about every fish I catch (except for every other Halibut) is CP&R'd.

Do I feel any shame for killing a pup? Absolutely not! I've got pix & a story to share with my kids & family. I can now put a check mark by Shark fishing. Did I mention that I fought a total of 6 T's? One got away at the boat, while the other 4 were played with & I enjoyed every second of it. I got my rod bent & more than got my money's worth. Will I target sharks again? Who knows... One thing for sure, not one ounce of shark will go wasted. Yesterday we had Teriyaki BBQ Thresher paired with some Newcastles, today we had shark soup and tomorrow we're probably making Shark Tacos with Coronas. All this and I'm only half way through my catch.

Flaming on others' reports is just plain G@Y! If someone reports on a catch you don't approve of, then STFU & kindly read the next post. PM the poster if you have really that big a problem with their practices. Don't compete in the Special Olympics by arguing on the Net, because in the end even if you win you're still retarded. :D

The intention of these forums are to build camaraderie with those who share a common hobby, to share your knowledge and learn from others. Ultimately forums are a great avenue to educate others and keep them from being poachers who fish without licenses or don't follow the regs. As we all know, fish have size & quantity limits that are set by a department who has plenty of research power behind its operation. If a fish isn't on the restricted list, then it's probably not likely to die off because you kept your legal share of that species.

Should Malibu be closed off to fishing then be it and let the ecosystem redevelop. They've done wonders with the WSB population. B!tchy as we may get about certain regs that DFG & MPLA come up with it's still our duty as responsible anglers to follow them. If that's too much to cope with then take up another hobby or work your way towards a spot on the PETA board.

My 3 cents.

hahaha heartless people i really cant stand like i said again karma will come your way bro in any way or form too. All your nonsense when in one ear and out the other..and As a member of FNN we all have the right to post on threads and state our opinion of mind .With that saying kill all the babys you want but be in store for bad bad ju ju i bet true hawians would have a evil eye for people like you that kill sharks..as in hawaii hawains believe that all sharks were the souls of people and if you kill one you get major bad ju ju..so go ahead but karma is real.

mickeysindahouse
08-11-2008, 10:59 PM
that saying kill all the babys you want but be in store for bad bad ju ju i bet true hawians would have a evil eye for people like you that kill sharks..as in hawaii hawains believe that all sharks were the souls of people and if you kill one you get major bad ju ju..so go ahead but karma is real.

(In some cultures, cows are sacred and I've eaten my share of 'em. No bad ju ju for me out of eating my steaks.)

To put an end to this nonsense I'd like to pose a question all members:

You board a 1/2 day boat with 3 setups (15# & 20# for calicos & rock fish, a 40# for the halibut drift). You board the boat & head out to open waters to find you're targeting Threshers (no word on what size you'll be targeting).

What do you do? Do you b!tch & moan all day long or do you make the best of it & fish within your limits?

Stormcrow
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Dude, youre a moron. Do you think the Captain was doing what was good for "business"? What will he do when Threshers are gone??? Guess he will put his customers on Tomcod at the breakwater. Hey, have a good ol time doing that!

No one is saying DONT catch some nice shark. Just release them to protect the population. Do yourself a favor and take an ecology class at your local city college. Educate yourself. I have released EVERY shark I have ever caught. In fact, they were never even removed from the water. This includes Thresher, Blue, Lemon and Mako. They were not targeted and caught by mistake. (thats how freakin easy it is)

Quit using DFG regs as your defense. Thats a pathetic excuse. In fact, it is because of that alone that I flamed you. You can have just as much fun catching, taking a picture, tagging and releasing. Now go ahead...Call me a PETA Fanatic.

As far as comraderie goes, I enjoyed your report! It was great! Im all for catching! Just not slaughtering Juvies in a known Thresher nursery.

Stormcrow
08-11-2008, 11:09 PM

The reason educated people are against the taking of sharks is because they are the apex predator in a food web. Apex predators reproduce at a slower rate than species underneath it in the trophic(energy) system. As a matter of fact, so little is known about shark behavior and reproductive habits that scientists all over the globe have spoken out against their slaughter. This is further complicated by the fact that any noob with a bucket of chum can catch shark. It really takes no skill. This situation is even more serious because the shark were juvenile from a section of water known as a nursery for baby sharks.

Dorado and yellowtail are pelagic(nomadic open water) species that reproduce fast enough that sportfishermen dont usually have a huge affect on populations. With pelagic species, seiners are the main problem. Not sportfishermen.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

one_leg
08-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh man, now I feel guilty for eating T-shark. I think I wanna throw them up.
But it's too late. They were released into the sewer long ago.

ONE_LEG KILLER

mickeysindahouse
08-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Dude, youre a moron. Do you think the Captain was doing what was good for "business"? What will he do when Threshers are gone??? Guess he will put his customers on Tomcod at the breakwater. Hey, have a good ol time doing that!

No one is saying DONT catch some nice shark. Just release them to protect the population. Do yourself a favor and take an ecology class at your local city college. Educate yourself. I have released EVERY shark I have ever caught. In fact, they were never even removed from the water. This includes Thresher, Blue, Lemon and Mako. They were not targeted and caught by mistake. (thats how freakin easy it is)

Quit using DFG regs as your defense. Thats a pathetic excuse. In fact, it is because of that alone that I flamed you. You can have just as much fun catching, taking a picture, tagging and releasing. Now go ahead...Call me a PETA Fanatic.

As far as comraderie goes, I enjoyed your report! It was great! Im all for catching! Just not slaughtering Juvies in a known Thresher nursery.

Not hiding behind regs. Just pointing out the fact that regs should be sufficient those like you to STFU! I pay my fees & I abide by the rules. That should suffice. I'm entitled to catch 2 of each kind of shark per day but being that it's not my style that's why you're not reading those reports.

Did I mention that I fought 6 total and landed one? I got over 20 hits & lost plenty of hooks. With that said, I took my time & endured each battle I got to experience because it was FUN! I got a first hand chance to play with these fellas & build a little experience playing with my drags - put them to the test. I could have easily brought at least 2 more in, but I happened to enjoy letting them run and near spool me just to bring them up to surface & do it all over again. Was that worth $45? Hell yeah, it was.

On top of this, it was my first time targeting sharks so you could say I was stoked upon the first of the many hits from a Thresher. Guess I could have released it, but it was my first shark I chose to keep it & find out what the big fuss about shark meat was about. I think I'm entitle to that much.

I'm merely sharing my report & nothing more. I never condoned or persuaded others to go out there & slay pups. I think you're all flaming on the wrong side of the story. I was merely the angler who stumbled upon pups on my trip. If you all should find some shame or fault in the operation, I think it's obvious where your complaints should going to.

Stormcrow
08-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Dude, I just dont agree with the situation. You seem like a straight shooter. No offense ok? I called you a moron but thats only because you tried to defend the captain. My appologies. Im a strict conseravationist. but Im also a sportsman. I love to catch. I just also love to release. My LMB go in the livewell, to the weigh-in, then to the release boat, just like yours.

4g63power
08-11-2008, 11:22 PM
seriously..flaming on someone else's report is not cool..please take it to some other threads. sad to see some douchebags jump on other members here lately...

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 11:23 PM
The reason educated people are against the taking of sharks is because they are the apex predator in a food web. Apex predators reproduce at a slower rate than species underneath it in the trophic(energy) system. As a matter of fact, so little is known about shark behavior and reproductive habits that scientists all over the globe have spoken out against their slaughter. This is further complicated by the fact that any noob with a bucket of chum can catch shark. It really takes no skill. This situation is even more serious because the shark were juvenile from a section of water known as a nursery for baby sharks.

Dorado and yellowtail are pelagic(nomadic open water) species that reproduce fast enough that sportfishermen dont usually have a huge affect on populations. With pelagic species, seiners are the main problem. Not sportfishermen.

Im still right with you Jason...but im done with this thread!! im about to go release a brown trout i endured about hour ago!! lets all take the time and go release your brown trouts :LOL:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 11:24 PM
seriously..flaming on someone else's report is not cool..please take it to some other threads. sad to see some douchebags jump on other members here lately...

shut up your the douchebag ******..shut your mouth before you get handled

4g63power
08-11-2008, 11:26 PM
shut up your the douchebag ******..shut your mouth before you get handled

really? wow..please do

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
really? wow..please do

i would with pleasure homie

4g63power
08-11-2008, 11:28 PM
i would with pleasure homie

hope to see you around tough guy

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-11-2008, 11:29 PM
really? wow..please do

bahaha just playing homeboy!! :LOL::Big Grin: i can careless what you call us :Big Grin:

mickeysindahouse
08-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Dang, had I known my report would turn into a brawl-athon I'd have thought twice before posting. It's true that it takes just a few to ruin a bunch.

Let me pose a viable solution for the future & well being of this site...

I'm sure things would have been taken less out of context if nobody had been directly attacked, but rather EVERYBODY would have been properly educated on the shark/s' ecological status. It's too easy to criticize & judge others, while taking that criticism constructively and being judged is not as easy.

I don't post here often. I'm more of a lurker. I try not to post if I have nothing to report on. And trust me, this is exactly the type of stuff that keeps myself & others alike away from forums with such activity.

Fortunately, the Almighty blessed me with half a brain & I have the ability to make my own decisions. I realize that this site holds lots of priceless information and educational content, as well as some douch bags. I prefer focusing on the positive & helping educate others while keeping an open mind and learning from others as well.

If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. Thugs keep to the streets & anglers head to open waters!

Liteliner
08-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Dang, had I known my report would turn into a brawl-athon I'd have thought twice before posting. It's true that it takes just a few to ruin a bunch.

Let me pose a viable solution for the future & well being of this site...

I'm sure things would have been taken less out of context if nobody had been directly attacked, but rather EVERYBODY would have been properly educated on the shark/s' ecological status. It's too easy to criticize & judge others, while taking that criticism constructively and being judged is not as easy.

I don't post here often. I'm more of a lurker. I try not to post if I have nothing to report on. And trust me, this is exactly the type of stuff that keeps myself & others alike away from forums with such activity.

Fortunately, the Almighty blessed me with half a brain & I have the ability to make my own decisions. I realize that this site holds lots of priceless information and educational content, as well as some douch bags. I prefer focusing on the positive & helping educate others while keeping an open mind and learning from others as well.

If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. Thugs keep to the streets & anglers head to open waters!

Hey buddy. Im still grateful you posted the pics of the two hotties. You dont need to apologize. I remember stormcrow bashin another dudes thread for keeping a 400 pound thresher that died during the fight a couple months back. I guess it was a baby aswell. Those shark steaks do taste pretty good. Enjoy...

mstr fish
08-12-2008, 07:57 AM

mstr fish
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by mstr fish
that saying kill all the babys you want but be in store for bad bad ju ju i bet true hawians would have a evil eye for people like you that kill sharks..as in hawaii hawains believe that all sharks were the souls of people and if you kill one you get major bad ju ju..so go ahead but karma is real.

MICKEYINDAHOUSE I DID NOT WRITE THE ABOVE COMMENT. IT WAS WRITTEN BY ZOMBIE BASS ATTACK. I AM SURE THIS WAS AN INNOCENT MISTAKE. PLEASE FIX. THANK-YOU......................................fish

mstr fish
08-12-2008, 08:03 AM

Thank-you for the clarification...........................fish

Stormcrow
08-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Hey buddy. Im still grateful you posted the pics of the two hotties. You dont need to apologize. I remember stormcrow bashin another dudes thread for keeping a 400 pound thresher that died during the fight a couple months back. I guess it was a baby aswell. Those shark steaks do taste pretty good. Enjoy...

I didnt know the shark had died until late in the argument. Get your facts straight noob. Also, I am not the only one who sticks up for what I believe in. I dont BASH. I make my point and then I am happy to provide supporting reasoning. And all of a sudden IM the douchebag? P-L-E-A-S-E.

Dont make me out to be the bad guy. Now get back behind the counter and fix me a Big Bite and a blueberry slurpee. Oh, and 20 dollars on number 6 please.

Stormcrow
08-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Im still right with you Jason...but im done with this thread!! im about to go release a brown trout i endured about hour ago!! lets all take the time and go release your brown trouts :LOL:

Let us all drop some friends off at the lake this morning!:ROFL:

dodoman
08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
im not on here to join the bashing.
IVE FISHED WITH MICKEY ON MANY OCCASIONS TO FIND MICKEY TO BE A RESPONSIBLE AND RESPECTIVE FISHERMAN.
a big congrats go to ya , mick.

to my understanding, ITS MICKEY FIRST SHARK.
IF ANYONE OF YOU GUYS EVER CAUGHT A SHARK FOR THE FIRST TIME, IM PRETTY SURE YOU WOULD POST UP YOUR CATCH WITH PRIDE AND GLORY , no matter what the size.

can the man have his fame for a while, you would want the same.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-12-2008, 12:07 PM
im not on here to join the bashing.
IVE FISHED WITH MICKEY ON MANY OCCASIONS TO FIND MICKEY TO BE A RESPONSIBLE AND RESPECTIVE FISHERMAN.
a big congrats go to ya , mick.

to my understanding, ITS MICKEY FIRST SHARK.
IF ANYONE OF YOU GUYS EVER CAUGHT A SHARK FOR THE FIRST TIME, IM PRETTY SURE YOU WOULD POST UP YOUR CATCH WITH PRIDE AND GLORY , no matter what the size.

can the man have his fame for a while, you would want the same.

No not really i caught my first shark when i was 10 it was a baby mako and i released it sure i was excited but i did not and would never kill it or any sharks..i was taught what was right since i was a baby.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
(In some cultures, cows are sacred and I've eaten my share of 'em. No bad ju ju for me out of eating my steaks.)

To put an end to this nonsense I'd like to pose a question all members:

You board a 1/2 day boat with 3 setups (15# & 20# for calicos & rock fish, a 40# for the halibut drift). You board the boat & head out to open waters to find you're targeting Threshers (no word on what size you'll be targeting).

What do you do? Do you b!tch & moan all day long or do you make the best of it & fish within your limits?

I would NOT fish threashers!! period beacuse first of all i wouldnt want the deckhand to gaff it and it would just be a hastle cutting the line everytime catching one..i just wouldnt fish and keep my mouth shut.And i dont care about limits thats all just am excuse you guys use all the damn time who cares .

KID CREOLE
08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Those of us who have been fishing for quite some time have seen the ups and downs of many salt water fish we target here in southern Calif.

In some areas, halibut fishing has gotten better, probably due to the gill net band inside of three miles. White cbass has gotten better, from redueced limts during the spawn and fish being released by the Scripps Hatchery.

In the last 30 years I have seen a huge decline in Calicos and Sand bass, for those of you who didn't fish 30 years ago catchign a 60-70 lb limit of sand bass wasn't that hard to do in the SMB, those days only happen now for the best fisherman around.

Most devoted calico and sand bass fisherman who have noticed this decline now C+R almost every bass they catch!

Keep in mind, calico and sand bass number have been brought down by sport fisherman obeying the law, there is NO legal commercial fishing of calicos and sand bass.

These pup threshers are not targeted by commercials, they are targeted by sportfisherman and IMHO should be released, especially the females, assuming the fisherman who hooks one can tell the difference between the two.

I'm amazed that a sport boat captain would target these pups, but when it comes down to the $$$$ he took the easy way out.

Sadly, this area will be over run soon, the t-sharks killed on this trip will be a fraction of what is killed up there by the weekend!

One thing I might suggest is go south, we have a epic Dorado and tuna season unfolding and theres plenty to go around

Doe
08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Sadly, this area will be over run soon, the t-sharks killed on this trip will be a fraction of what is killed up there by the weekend!

This is for sure a true statement. especially since the original posters pictures show the shore line so every weekend warrior knows the exact location

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Those of us who have been fishing for quite some time have seen the ups and downs of many salt water fish we target here in southern Calif.

In some areas, halibut fishing has gotten better, probably due to the gill net band inside of three miles. White cbass has gotten better, from redueced limts during the spawn and fish being released by the Scripps Hatchery.

In the last 30 years I have seen a huge decline in Calicos and Sand bass, for those of you who didn't fish 30 years ago catchign a 60-70 lb limit of sand bass wasn't that hard to do in the SMB, those days only happen now for the best fisherman around.

Most devoted calico and sand bass fisherman who have noticed this decline now C+R almost every bass they catch!

Keep in mind, calico and sand bass number have been brought down by sport fisherman obeying the law, there is NO legal commercial fishing of calicos and sand bass.

These pup threshers are not targeted by commercials, they are targeted by sportfisherman and IMHO should be released, especially the females, assuming the fisherman who hooks one can tell the difference between the two.

I'm amazed that a sport boat captain would target these pups, but when it comes down to the $$$$ he took the easy way out.

One thing I might suggest is go south, we have a epic Dorado and tuna season unfolding and theres plenty to go around

gosh why arent there more people like you stormcrow and doe...people dont understand or even care...i c&r all calicos,sandbass,spotties and halibut from surf and the bay..i know its the right thing and populations arent as good as they were back in the day..but the noobs do not know

Liteliner
08-12-2008, 01:36 PM
I didnt know the shark had died until late in the argument. Get your facts straight noob. Also, I am not the only one who sticks up for what I believe in. I dont BASH. I make my point and then I am happy to provide supporting reasoning. And all of a sudden IM the douchebag? P-L-E-A-S-E.

Dont make me out to be the bad guy. Now get back behind the counter and fix me a Big Bite and a blueberry slurpee. Oh, and 20 dollars on number 6 please.

You should of read the report then.... And callin people morons when you dont even know them makes you a douchebag..... Dont talk so big little guy....

KID CREOLE
08-12-2008, 01:41 PM
gosh why arent there more people like you stormcrow and doe...people dont understand or even care...i c&r all calicos,sandbass,spotties and halibut from surf and the bay..i know its the right thing and populations arent as good as they were back in the day..but the noobs do not know

Zombie,

I started this 16 years ago, I was fishing in Ensanada and landed a big Calico, I couldn't wait to gaff it and bring it home. I caught it on a friday and it was weighed on a certified scale 4 days later. It was kept on ice until it was dropped off at the taxidermist. Four days after being caught it weighed 11 lbs 12 oz, the fish when caught could have been a 13lb Calico. I now know that any fish can be mounted with just picures alone and should be released!

I then got ahold of some bioligist, there were a few different opinions but the consensus at the time was that my bass was probably over 30 years old. After hearing that I really didn't feel so great about the kill, but I didn't know better and the internet wasn't around!

Since then I've learned alot, fished with some very experienced people who educated me about fish! I learned a lot from fishing with Milt Shedd, google his name!

There are a few things we as fisherman need to do! We need to start letting more fish go that are slow growing or have low overall numbers. These little threshers are fun to catch but IMHO should be released, no females should be kept.

The biggest problem is lack of experience, education or maybe they just enjoy killing stuff, I don't know.

So many fisherman have NO idea what they are doing, and some own their own boats. I recently saw a post on another site a guy was bragging about his 18 lb calico :( it was a baby black cbass!

How many post have you read by private boaters about catching and releasing white cbass? I've read too many, most of these cbass die from torn air bladders or skin infection from being touched by human hands.

I don't know how to fix this problem but IMHO this is feeding the entire MLPA mind set!

When most of the better fishing areas are closed because of the MLPAs we have only ourselves to blame!

BIGRED KILLA
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
LMAO.....

Bigred

dodgerfan
08-13-2008, 04:34 AM
im confused. why does the report say WO threshers but all i see in the report is a nice black sea bass??? some explanation would be appreciated im just trying to understand. was that seabass caught in american waters and if it wasnt did u let it go?

dodgerfan
08-13-2008, 04:51 AM
im retarded i didnt see the multiple pages of this post. i release all calicos period no matter what. the bigger they are the more reason to let them go. if you are a 9lb fish and have lasted more than 30 years in the pacific with everything trying to eat you i believe its got the right to fight for its life a little more much less the fact that they take forever to grow and reproduce. sand bass i will keep but i release the majority of them. in terms of threshers in malibu i fish for them there fairly regularly and release basically anything under 100lbs maybe even 150lbs depending on how the fishing is.

mickeysindahouse
08-13-2008, 08:17 AM
im confused. why does the report say WO threshers but all i see in the report is a nice black sea bass??? some explanation would be appreciated im just trying to understand. was that seabass caught in american waters and if it wasnt did u let it go?

The reason you see a picture of a BSB, rather than my original report of WFO Threshers is because I got tired of all the BS I got for killing a 50lb pup on a trip that turned into a Shark Run when it was supposed to be a Calico/Rock Fish/Halibut trip - all this informed once out on the boat upon the captain's briefing.

I was criticized for killing a pup rather than a breeder. With that, I figured F-it, I'm done with my report & instead I left a picture of some true neglect on protected fish.

Matador1238
08-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Mickey, I was on that boat. I didnt know you were from FNN. Deckhand Jordan told me at the pier we would be targeting strictly for sharks.....I was disappointed. My friends and i were hoping for some Calico action. One of my friends caught one and not even a bite for me and my other friend. It was a boring trip...at least for me. Fishing at Malibu has been extremely slow.
Hey bro, dont put the location next time you post something like this. I am sure lurkers would be in Malibu all this week killing more Threshers. :(
Nice Black Sea Bass pic from the NDM. Look at Victor with the shade! That bass was released, btw.

Stormcrow
08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
You should of read the report then.... And callin people morons when you dont even know them makes you a douchebag..... Dont talk so big little guy....

STFU B****. Its obvious you have no idea who youre talking too. Go fix me a sandwich. And be quick about it B****.

one_leg
08-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Go fix me a sandwich. And be quick about it B****.

Make mine a Thresher Shark sammy please!!!

Stormcrow
08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Make mine a Thresher Shark sammy please!!!

Ya, and hurry up and make One Leg's sandwich too!:LOL:

hookemdano
08-13-2008, 09:59 AM
The reason you see a picture of a BSB, rather than my original report of WFO Threshers is because I got tired of all the BS I got for killing a 50lb pup on a trip that turned into a Shark Run when it was supposed to be a Calico/Rock Fish/Halibut trip - all this informed once out on the boat upon the captain's briefing.

I was criticized for killing a pup rather than a breeder. With that, I figured F-it, I'm done with my report & instead I left a picture of some true neglect on protected fish.

I understand removing the T pics, but from reading the replies, it occurred to me that pics of hot ladies were also removed. Feel free to repost those for those of us that logged on a little too late. ;)

DarkShadow
08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I understand removing the T pics, but from reading the replies, it occurred to me that pics of hot ladies were also removed. Feel free to repost those for those of us that logged on a little too late. ;)

Haha, I think those girls were underage...

KID CREOLE
08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
This used to be a report about my Thresher trip that I got flamed for. Being accused of killing and/or mishandling Threshers pups...etc. So in the place of my original cruel post, I leave you all with something that truly urks me. Why would they board this beautiful "Calico" on the boat? Aren't they breeders at this size? Oh, wait...is it really a Calico? Hmm...

I guess there just aren't very many responsible anglers & captains around nowadays are there? MDR...Gosh, why haven't I gone on that boat lately???

Thats just a medium size Black, and with them taking time to pose for pictures with the fish they are breaking the law. The Black should have been released in the water and never put on the boat!

Thanks for pulling down the pics of where the pup t-sharks were being caught!

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 12:07 PM
STFU B****. Its obvious you have no idea who youre talking too. Go fix me a sandwich. And be quick about it B****.

Easy tiger you might pop a vein. You talk to much. Grow up. How did you know i used to work at Subway??

Doe
08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks for pulling down the pics of where the pup t-sharks were being caught!

It was good that they were removed from this board but they are still posted on another message board, Even used one for his avatar.

one_leg
08-13-2008, 12:15 PM
LiteLinerhttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/jncervero/cool%20pics/rockemsockemrobots.jpgSTORMCROW

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 12:17 PM
LiteLinerhttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/jncervero/cool%20pics/rockemsockemrobots.jpgSTORMCROW

O_L loves the Zombie brains

one_leg
08-13-2008, 12:20 PM

I am still waiting for the "Flying Cars" and the "Robots that love only You".

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
i am still waiting for the "flying cars" and the "robots that love only you".

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 12:27 PM

Nah. Not worth it. This guy is a gangster. I dont mess with them. Im scared.

one_leg
08-13-2008, 12:31 PM

Gangsta brains have no substance. I'd starve if I had to rely on Gangsta Brains. Just empty calories!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 12:32 PM

haha i would be he is CHUCK NORRIS,PATRICK SWAZEY,SEAN CLAUD VAN DAM MIXED INTO ONE BEHEMOTH OF A CRAZY DOOD!!! :ROFL:

mickeysindahouse
08-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Mickey, I was on that boat. I didnt know you were from FNN. Deckhand Jordan told me at the pier we would be targeting strictly for sharks.....I was disappointed. My friends and i were hoping for some Calico action. One of my friends caught one and not even a bite for me and my other friend. It was a boring trip...at least for me. Fishing at Malibu has been extremely slow.
Hey bro, dont put the location next time you post something like this. I am sure lurkers would be in Malibu all this week killing more Threshers. :(
Nice Black Sea Bass pic from the NDM. Look at Victor with the shade! That bass was released, btw.

Dang, didn't realize there were any other Board Members aboard. It seemed like mostly family type clientele with a few real anglers. I actually did not speak to anyone before boarding the boat. All's I got from the lady at the ticket booth was that it had been kinda slow lately.

As for the BSB, that was a med. sized fella and should never have been pulled up to the surface, let alone the boat. My personal opinion is that if you see a big black blob coming to color, cut the line & let it spit out the hook on its own before it gains too much buoyancy and loses its strength to make it back down to deeper waters.

It was good that they were removed from this board but they are still posted on another message board, Even used one for his avatar.

True, they're still up on other boards, and yes it is my new avatar (cuz I'm proud of my catch) but having thought things over I may end up editing my report and perhaps even the pics so as not to give exact location for possible poachers. Guess I've got work to do when I get home...

As for the female pics...they, too, were juveniles so no pics to be reposted.

paDDy
08-13-2008, 12:54 PM
As long as you are within your limits who are we to preach about what he decides to keep?
Take it up with DFG about the regs of sharks if you are unhappy about the size you can keep.
He is not taking fish illegally so who are we to judge? I personally don't kill T-sharks that size but I get a lot more time on the water than most.
Good job on the catch and thanks for the shark report.

The BSB is totally illegal to bring aboard as they did, shame on MDR Sport fishing.

KID CREOLE
08-13-2008, 01:00 PM
"As for the BSB, that was a med. sized fella and should never have been pulled up to the surface, let alone the boat. My personal opinion is that if you see a big black blob coming to color, cut the line & let it spit out the hook on its own before it gains too much buoyancy and loses its strength to make it back down to deeper waters. "

You're absolutley right!

I hate seeing black cbass, they're a pain in the ***, they shut down white cbass bites and are tough to revive. I persoanlly have spent two hours trying to revive a 200 lbr at Catalina and never want to do that again!!!!!!!!

Troutman65

:ROFL:

:Smack:

:Popcorn:

Doe
True, they're still up on other boards, and yes it is my new avatar (cuz I'm proud of my catch)

Glad your proud of you catch, The two little girls on the boat proved just how hard it is to catch one.

mickeysindahouse
08-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I persoanlly have spent two hours trying to revive a 200 lbr at Catalina and never want to do that again!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's gotta be a b****

My intention was not to begin bashing MDR all over again, nor bring back the LMB arguement to flames, but rather to point out that I'm well within my limits & I feel I'm responsible angler and thus have the right to keep my first shark on my first Shark Run (even though it wasn't supposed to be one). This is how I see it...if given lemons, make lemonade & enjoy the damn thing.

I would likely be out there again if I knew the sharks were still there. However, I've still got an easy 10lbs of steaks at home so there's now way I'd kill another. Especially not after having learned the whole APEX lifestyle of this shark.

In the end I have to admit (constructively) that I have learned a hell of a lot out of the posts that arose from my report. Frankly, there's definitely some good educational stuff that come about. Unfortunately there's a cr@pload of junk as well.

My hope is that others have learned from my experience/mistake (however you personally see it) and take that info & apply it positively in their future expeditions.

KID CREOLE
08-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Wow, that's gotta be a b****

My intention was not to begin bashing MDR all over again, nor bring back the LMB arguement to flames, but rather to point out that I'm well within my limits & I feel I'm responsible angler and thus have the right to keep my first shark on my first Shark Run (even though it wasn't supposed to be one). This is how I see it...if given lemons, make lemonade & enjoy the damn thing.

I would likely be out there again if I knew the sharks were still there. However, I've still got an easy 10lbs of steaks at home so there's now way I'd kill another. Especially not after having learned the whole APEX lifestyle of this shark.

In the end I have to admit (constructively) that I have learned a hell of a lot out of the posts that arose from my report. Frankly, there's definitely some good educational stuff that come about. Unfortunately there's a cr@pload of junk as well.

My hope is that others have learned from my experience/mistake (however you personally see it) and take that info & apply it positively in their future expeditions.

What many people like myself are concerned with is what happen at another area where these pups show up! We had fished them for years, and it got out on the web and tons of people showed up and killed a bunch of them.

Keep in mind, many folks are very concerned about sharks and bass, feelings and opinions run very strong!!

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 02:23 PM

Hopefully I get a thresher this weekend..... You want extra mayo one leg?

dodoman
08-13-2008, 02:25 PM
are you guys/girls still serving sandwiches..........WHAT KIND?

I,LL HAVE A PHILLY SANDWICHE WITH MUSHROOMS.LOL

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
are you guys/girls still serving sandwiches..........WHAT KIND?

I,LL HAVE A PHILLY SANDWICHE WITH MUSHROOMS.LOL

Sorry only thresher sandwiches this weekend.

dodoman
08-13-2008, 02:34 PM
THANKS.

HAVING SOME TILIPIA TONIGHT.
here is a simple recipe ive learned from the cooks on overnighter.

hot frying pan with olive oil.
cut threshers into 2 by 2 inch chunks
sprinkle garlic salt and pepper on to the thresher.
cook till near silght burnt on both sides.
the top part ( neck ) is the filletmignoin .
best cut, best chioce ENJOY MICK.

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 02:36 PM
THANKS.

HAVING SOME TILIPIA TONIGHT.
here is a simple recipe ive learned from the cooks on overnighter.

hot frying pan with olive oil.
cut threshers into 2 by 2 inch chunks
sprinkle garlic salt and pepper on to the thresher.
cook till near silght burnt on both sides.
the top part ( neck ) is the filletmignoin .
best cut, best chioce ENJOY MICK.

Thanks for the recipe. Easy and quick. I like it. If you like tilapia go to the asian supermarkets. They sell live tilapia for 2 bucks a pound and they will deep fry the whole thing for you if you want.

dodoman
08-13-2008, 02:39 PM
thanks for the recipe. Easy and quick. I like it. If you like tilapia go to the asian supermarkets. They sell live tilapia for 2 bucks a pound and they will deep fry the whole thing for you if you want.

had all mines fillets.
Got about 20 good pieces and i,ll be using plane cornmeal with a hint of itailian crumb bread.

Deep fry and bammmmmmmmmmmm.

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
had all mines fillets.
Got about 20 good pieces and i,ll be using plane cornmeal with a hint of itailian crumb bread.

Deep fry and bammmmmmmmmmmm.

:lol: enjoy your dinner.

deanhall32
08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Where did Zombie go?? I still can't decide whether the guy is a scholar or an idiot!!

Stormcrow
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey Liteliner, ignorance is the biggest killer of what is good and beautiful. You think youre making me mad? You are actually trying to inflame the situation?....LOL is it possible to actually be MORE stupid than you are right now?

I'm surprisingly sad...because an educated biologist actually has no power to punish you for your ignorance. :Sad: Its too bad. City parks might actually be LMB havens instead of rotten water holes they have become due to people like you. Im embarrassed for you. For your family name. How pathetic.

You jump in midway into a thread and call me a douchebag. You have no idea who I am or what I stand for. I will continue to stand up for conservation. I will CONTINUE to tell people when I dont agree. And, as I always say: I frequently seem to run into the people while fishing who talked crap to me on this board. Its always funny how quiet and shivery they get when I look down on their puny asses and say: "Hey, arent you the D***wad who was talking crap to me on FNN? Arent you the one who called me a tree hugger? Arent you the one who called me a douchebag?" And they are too afraid to look at me. So afraid they cant even cast. LOL

Now that is pathetic. If youre lucky, I will only take your gear.

Now....as far as miguel is concerned, I think he is a good guy, as my PREVIOUS POST stated. We all learn alot on this board. We all have different opinions. Not everyone is going to agree. I see his point. He kept his first shark. No problems there. My quarrel was with the situation in general. I appologized for not bieng clear in that regard. It is my hope that EVERYONE catches fish.

I just hope that there are still some fish for my son to catch someday.

Jester
08-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Officially.....

Biomass: Unknown; Unknown; preliminary analyses of common thresher shark catch in the pelagic drift gillnet fishery operating off the U.S. West Coast indicated that the biomass in 2000 was above the biomass supporting the maximum sustainable yield (MSY).
Overfishing: Unknown; preliminary analyses of common thresher shark catch and effort in the pelagic drift gillnet fishery operating off the U.S. West Coast indicated that the catch-per-unit-effort of thresher sharks was increasing in the late 1990s above historical lows experienced during the early 1990s. Thus, in the U.S. West Coast EEZ, overfishing is not occurring and populations are rebuilding.

Overfished: Unknown; see "Biomass" above
Fishing and habitat: The largest take of thresher sharks on the U.S. West Coast occurs in the pelagic drift gill net fishery which targets primarily swordfish. Small numbers of common thresher sharks are also landed by harpoon gear, in the set net fisheries which target halibut and angel sharks, and in the small mesh drift gillnet fishery which targets primarily seabass. In the western Pacific, common thresher sharks are occasionally caught using longlines, however this species is not encountered as frequently as the other two thresher species outside of 200 miles. In general, highly migratory species (HMS) fishing gear is not known to directly alter water column habitat because the approved gears that are used in the HMS fisheries do not contact the bottom substrate, but habitat can be affected by inadvertent loss of gear that is left to "ghost fish," and create marine debris that can cause harm to other species in the pelagic environment.

Bycatch: In both drift gill net and longline fisheries, bycatch of non-target species is a concern. Bycatch in the pelagic drift gill net fishery off the U.S. West Coast is mainly comprised of ocean sunfish and blue shark, although marine mammals and turtles are also occasionally taken. Fisheries regulations limiting both the season and geographic range of the pelagic drift-gill net fishery were implemented to reduce bycatch. NMFS is addressing the marine mammal interactions through the Pelagic Offshore Cetacean Take Reduction Plan. In the western Pacific both area closures and gear restrictions have helped minimize the bycatch of sharks and marlins, and have reduced protected species interactions. Longline vessels are required to employ special measures to avoid catching sea turtles and seabirds and increase the likelihood of their survival after release. Bycatch reduction is also achieved through non-regulatory means, including outreach to fishermen and engagement of fishermen in research activities and the management process. U.S. efforts to reduce bycatch on all fronts are ongoing, however fisheries outside of the U.S. may land thresher sharks in fisheries which do not employ comparable bycatch reduction strategies.

Jester
08-13-2008, 04:30 PM
And.....
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/fishwatch/images/pac_com_thres_chart_land.gif

fish_sauce
08-13-2008, 04:36 PM
mickeysindahouse, thanks for sharing the pics and report!

Jester, can you provide a link to the info you provided above? I'm interested in reading it.

And to the rest of you who are resorting to personal attacks:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_fIM5SeLJghg/R54V_InpqJI/AAAAAAAAAPA/9bFmLgrHHIQ/s400/n530251229_441985_2971.jpg

AND

http://www.m1xe.com/pics/chill_pill.jpg

Jester
08-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh.... and....
Thresher Shark: Initial development of the drift gillnet fishery in the late 1970s was founded on catches
of common thresher shark. The thresher shark fishery rapidly expanded, peaking in 1985, when 228
vessels landed more than 1,000 mt of shark (Table 2–11). Following 1985, swordfish replaced thresher
shark as the primary target species because there was a greater demand for swordfish and it commands a
higher price-per-pound. Annual thresher shark landings declined in subsequent years because of the
switch to swordfish to maximize economic returns and the implementation of management measures to
protect the thresher shark resource.

Table 2–11. Annual commercial landings (round mt) and number of deliveries for common thresher shark
landed in California’s major port complexes by the drift gillnet fleet, 2004–05.
2004 2005
Landings Landings
Port Complex1 (mt)2 (number) (mt)2 (number)
Eureka 4 1 0 0
Fort Bragg 0 0 0 0
Bodega Bay 0 0 0 0
San Francisco 0 0 0 0
Monterey < 1 1 5 8
Morro Bay 6 11 5 8
Santa Barbara 18 44 17 50
Los Angeles 3 14 25 39
San Diego 35 118 103 157
Total 66 189 155 262
Source: California’s Commercial Fisheries Information System (CFIS), market receipt data, extracted June 20, 2006.
Additional processing information:
- Port Complex: comprised of two or more ports within one of the nine geographic statistical reporting areas.
-Landings in pounds are converted to round weight mt by dividing the landed weights by 2000 for ST, and then multiplying the
conversion factor of 0.9072 for MT. A conversion factor of 1.70 was multiplied by the reported dressed weight to obtain a round
weight.

In 2005, 42 drift gillnet vessels landed 155 mt of common thresher shark compared to 40 vessels that
landed 66 mt in 2004 (Table 2–11). Landings occurred throughout the open season but a majority
occurred October through December at ports from San Diego to Monterey (Table 2–11). Fishing effort was focused in the SCB.

The ex-vessel revenue for 2005 was $224,939 compared to $109,561 in 2004 (Table 2–12). Fresh
thresher shark support domestic seafood restaurant businesses.

Table 2–12. Monthly commercial landings (round mt) and ex-vessel revenue for common thresher shark
landed in California ports by the drift gillnet fleet, 2004–05.
2004 2005
Landings Ex-vessel Landings Ex-vessel
Month (mt)1 (dollar)2 (mt)1 (dollar)2
January 17 34,779 8 16,024
February 1 2,190 0 0
March 0 0 0 0
April 0 0 < 1 60
May 1 2,336 3 5,116
June < 1 659 18 31,152
July 2 3,255 1 2,360
August < 1 824 < 1 306
September 9 8,779 7 14,029
October 6 9,145 26 48,966
November 15 25,653 57 73,336
December 14 21,942 35 33,591
Total 66 109,561 155 224,939
Source: California’s Commercial Fisheries Information System (CFIS), market receipt data, extracted June 20, 2006.
Additional processing information:
-Landings in pounds are converted to round weight mt by dividing the landed weights by 2000 for ST, and then multiplying the
conversion factor of 0.9072 for MT. A conversion factor of 1.70 was multiplied by the reported dressed weight to obtain a round
weight.
-Ex-vessel revenues are nominal (not adjusted for inflation).

Jester
08-13-2008, 04:37 PM
mickeysindahouse, thanks for sharing the pics and report!

Jester, can you provide a link to the info you provided above? I'm interested in reading it.

And to the rest of you who are resorting to personal attacks:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_fIM5SeLJghg/R54V_InpqJI/AAAAAAAAAPA/9bFmLgrHHIQ/s400/n530251229_441985_2971.jpg

AND

http://www.m1xe.com/pics/chill_pill.jpg

Here ya go man.
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/fishwatch/species/pac_common_thresher.htm

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Where did Zombie go?? I still can't decide whether the guy is a scholar or an idiot!!

Where did i go i went fishing!! and ended up with 8 lmbs...and what crawled between your butt cheeks?? haha all i did was post my opinion that its sad that he killed a baby t thats all. :Big Grin:

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 05:09 PM

This was my original quote. Just trying to let the guy know its expected from you. He and normalfellow probably wont ever post another report on here.

You asked me if you were a douchebag and I told you. You come at people with your bad self.

More childish stuff from you. You sure your not mad????

[QUOTE=Stormcrow;227058]Hey Liteliner, ignorance is the biggest killer of what is good and beautiful. You think youre making me mad? You are actually trying to inflame the situation?....LOL is it possible to actually be MORE stupid than you are right now?

I'm surprisingly sad...because an educated biologist actually has no power to punish you for your ignorance. :Sad: Its too bad. City parks might actually be LMB havens instead of rotten water holes they have become due to people like you. Im embarrassed for you. For your family name. How pathetic. QUOTE]

What ignorance? How did I destroy all the city park lakes? Im a c&r guy myself. Seems you need punishment for being ignorant not me.

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
You jump in midway into a thread and call me a douchebag. You have no idea who I am or what I stand for. I will continue to stand up for conservation. I will CONTINUE to tell people when I dont agree. And, as I always say: I frequently seem to run into the people while fishing who talked crap to me on this board. Its always funny how quiet and shivery they get when I look down on their puny asses and say: "Hey, arent you the D***wad who was talking crap to me on FNN? Arent you the one who called me a tree hugger? Arent you the one who called me a douchebag?" And they are too afraid to look at me. So afraid they cant even cast. LOL

Now that is pathetic. If youre lucky, I will only take your gear.

Ohh gawd... LoL... I aint the little 13 year old kids you pick on bro. If you want give me your address and I will bring my gear. Lets see if you take it.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 05:18 PM
This was my original quote. Just trying to let the guy know its expected from you. He and normalfellow probably wont ever post another report on here.

You asked me if you were a douchebag and I told you. You come at people with your bad self.

More childish stuff from you. You sure your not mad????

[QUOTE=Stormcrow;227058]Hey Liteliner, ignorance is the biggest killer of what is good and beautiful. You think youre making me mad? You are actually trying to inflame the situation?....LOL is it possible to actually be MORE stupid than you are right now?

I'm surprisingly sad...because an educated biologist actually has no power to punish you for your ignorance. :Sad: Its too bad. City parks might actually be LMB havens instead of rotten water holes they have become due to people like you. Im embarrassed for you. For your family name. How pathetic. QUOTE]

What ignorance? How did I destroy all the city park lakes? Im a c&r guy myself. Seems you need punishment for being ignorant not me.

Hey liteliner i bet your a pretty decent guy and i know stormcrow is a good guy too...and i know i get flamed pretty quick and get defensive and open my mouth...but we are not really solving anything by continuing countless arguements and i know im to blame also..but i like i said before you probably are a great guy and your mature enough to drop it lets leave this anger behind...this is a fishing site for help posting reports and fun..Im going to learn to not opne m y mouth anymore!! :Big Grin:..and we should all do the same even if its not our fault or we think were not doing anything wrong because it just takes one word to affend someones feelings..lets all FISH and go target those do dos in costal!!! :Big Grin::Big Grin:

one_leg
08-13-2008, 05:19 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/one_leg_photos/untitled-2.jpg

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 05:22 PM

NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOO O_L i tried to calm things down !!! :LOL: im going to steal all your powerbait and no more yellowtail,dorado,albie fishing for you mister.

one_leg
08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
If Jimmy cracked corn and that guy didn't care, why did he write a song about him?

Wingnut
08-13-2008, 05:31 PM
A "real" man would drop all this silliness and not post another pointless rebutal or lame reply to defend his own selfish honor. :Rolls Eyes:
I'm sure that we're all grown men & women around here. :Wink:
Let's see who will be the first to prove me wrong. :Cool:

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Sorry guys but your gonna have to pay to see the show........

Im over it. Goin fishing this weekend. Wide open yellowfin tuna. Sorry one_leg no thresher sandwich for you. I dont kill sharks.

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 05:34 PM
A "real" man would drop all this silliness and not post another pointless rebutal or lame reply to defend his own selfish honor. :Rolls Eyes:
I'm sure that we're all grown men & women around here. :Wink:
Let's see who will be the first to prove me wrong. :Cool:

LoL. Im over it.

deanhall32
08-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Aw- I knew it was only a matter of time when someone would throw a flag!!!

Troutman65
08-13-2008, 05:35 PM
If Jimmy cracked corn and that guy didn't care, why did he write a song about him?

Because he was a Douchebag. :LOL: J/K

I am glad you all got it straighten out and back on track. This is a fishing web site and its to learn and to have fun. Life is to short.

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I found this thread and thought you guys should take a look at it since this is the hot thread right now.... hehe...

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=21895

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 05:43 PM
awww damn and zombie heart didnt get the credit how rude!! hahaha

fish_sauce
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
i found this thread and thought you guys should take a look at it since this is the hot thread right now.... Hehe...

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=21895

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
awww damn and zombie heart didnt get the credit how rude!! hahaha

haha. thanks man. it was getting stupid. you goin dodo fishing this weekend?

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 05:53 PM
haha. thanks man. it was getting stupid. you goin dodo fishing this weekend?

yeah man im going to try to get out are you???

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah my buddy invited me on his boat so we will be goin out about 30 miles southwest of dana. Its gonna be nice fishing with no crowds. Good luck...

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
check this out

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=20968

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah my buddy invited me on his boat so we will be goin out about 30 miles southwest of dana. Its gonna be nice fishing with no crowds. Good luck...

wow man nice job you lucked out in my case i have to go out on a cattle boat because i dont know anyone with a nice boat

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
LoL.... I got a few already. Freelance destroyed them dodos yesterday.
Ive been fishing with this guy since highschool. He has a 21 ft trophy. Nice boat. Killer payments.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
LoL.... I got a few already. Freelance destroyed them dodos yesterday.
Ive been fishing with this guy since highschool. He has a 21 ft trophy. Nice boat. Killer payments.

Thats awesome bro..you guys should do well if he knows the waters !! ya i will be going out on the freelance soon

Stormcrow
08-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Officially.....

Biomass: Unknown; Unknown; preliminary analyses of common thresher shark catch in the pelagic drift gillnet fishery operating off the U.S. West Coast indicated that the biomass in 2000 was above the biomass supporting the maximum sustainable yield (MSY).
Overfishing: Unknown; preliminary analyses of common thresher shark catch and effort in the pelagic drift gillnet fishery operating off the U.S. West Coast indicated that the catch-per-unit-effort of thresher sharks was increasing in the late 1990s above historical lows experienced during the early 1990s. Thus, in the U.S. West Coast EEZ, overfishing is not occurring and populations are rebuilding.

Overfished: Unknown; see "Biomass" above
Fishing and habitat: The largest take of thresher sharks on the U.S. West Coast occurs in the pelagic drift gill net fishery which targets primarily swordfish. Small numbers of common thresher sharks are also landed by harpoon gear, in the set net fisheries which target halibut and angel sharks, and in the small mesh drift gillnet fishery which targets primarily seabass. In the western Pacific, common thresher sharks are occasionally caught using longlines, however this species is not encountered as frequently as the other two thresher species outside of 200 miles. In general, highly migratory species (HMS) fishing gear is not known to directly alter water column habitat because the approved gears that are used in the HMS fisheries do not contact the bottom substrate, but habitat can be affected by inadvertent loss of gear that is left to "ghost fish," and create marine debris that can cause harm to other species in the pelagic environment.

Bycatch: In both drift gill net and longline fisheries, bycatch of non-target species is a concern. Bycatch in the pelagic drift gill net fishery off the U.S. West Coast is mainly comprised of ocean sunfish and blue shark, although marine mammals and turtles are also occasionally taken. Fisheries regulations limiting both the season and geographic range of the pelagic drift-gill net fishery were implemented to reduce bycatch. NMFS is addressing the marine mammal interactions through the Pelagic Offshore Cetacean Take Reduction Plan. In the western Pacific both area closures and gear restrictions have helped minimize the bycatch of sharks and marlins, and have reduced protected species interactions. Longline vessels are required to employ special measures to avoid catching sea turtles and seabirds and increase the likelihood of their survival after release. Bycatch reduction is also achieved through non-regulatory means, including outreach to fishermen and engagement of fishermen in research activities and the management process. U.S. efforts to reduce bycatch on all fronts are ongoing, however fisheries outside of the U.S. may land thresher sharks in fisheries which do not employ comparable bycatch reduction strategies.

Thanks for posting this Jester. Although this data was published with a focus on the pelagic gill net fishery and its bycatch repercussions, it is good info all around. Biomass, MYS, and K(Carrying Capacity, which is not mentioned here) maybe foreign terms to some.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for posting this Jester.

when you can hit the freelance up with me jason?? im getting money friday most likely

Stormcrow
08-13-2008, 06:22 PM
when you can hit the freelance up with me jason?? im getting money friday most likely

I dont have to be back to work until the 25th so we can go anytime. Im excited as hell! Can you go during the week?

one_leg
08-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey you guys, I was kidding about the Sammich.

I wanna fish too......:Big Grin:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 06:26 PM
I dont have to be back to work until the 25th so we can go anytime. Im excited as hell! Can you go during the week?

my work isnt every schedualed i schedual it so ya anytime during the week lets go bro!! im bringing light line my heaviest is going to be 20

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey you guys, I was kidding about the Sammich.

I wanna fish too......:Big Grin:

your welcome to come too aaron!! lets go slay em

Stormcrow
08-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Check ur PM

one_leg
08-13-2008, 06:29 PM

Who the H E L L is Aaron? :ROFL:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Who the H E L L is Aaron? :ROFL:

idk hahahahhaha im mixed up pm me if you want to go with us

one_leg
08-13-2008, 06:35 PM
idk hahahahhaha im mixed up pm me if you want to go with us

And become the latest batch of STORMCROW's secret shark chum? lol....sure!!!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 06:37 PM
And become the latest batch of STORMCROW's secret shark chum? lol....sure!!!

haha never just come are you a chicken BAAK BAA:LOL:K!

one_leg
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
:Cool: Let's do it during the week. Shorter lines at the Bait Receiver! :Big Grin:

What time are you gonna be picking me up.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
:Cool: Let's do it during the week. Shorter lines at the Bait Receiver! :Big Grin:

i never go on weekends man im not dumb!! :Big Grin: im waiting on todays counts the boats arent back yet and thats a goooooood sign!!!!:Envious:

hakaveli
08-13-2008, 06:54 PM

thats the most used phrase ive seen one leg use in this forum lmao

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
thats the most used phrase ive seen one leg used in this forum lmao

hahaha true

hakaveli
08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
hahaha true

haha others know it too

one_leg
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Hak, I told you, I don't wanna buy your used socks.

hakaveli
08-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Hak, I told you, I don't wanna buy your used socks.

because i only sell in pairs if u want to buy one u have to buy the other stop trying to low ball me LMAO

one_leg
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
because i only sell in pairs if u want to buy one u have to buy the other stop trying to low ball me LMAO

Hak, don't you have 28 other projects to attend too?

hakaveli
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Hak, don't you have 28 other projects to attend too?

don't u have to go to a dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSgSyfy_jdo

one_leg
08-13-2008, 07:05 PM
don't u have to going to a dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSgSyfy_jdo

For sale today, 1/2 priced. Hakaveli's English Courses.

hakaveli
08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
For sale today, 1/2 priced. Hakaveli's English Courses.

half price on alans leg

hakaveli
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
This is alan trying to fight me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtSMGUj4Ik0

hakaveli
08-13-2008, 07:11 PM
after fighting me we went to play DDR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjSjjv65nCk

Liteliner
08-13-2008, 07:18 PM
:OMG!:

:Popcorn:

dodoman
08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
BARTENDER, a round of drinks for everyone.

the bar is safe again, THANKS.

hakaveli
08-13-2008, 07:43 PM
nope it isnt safe yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikH9ZRcF2Q

deanhall32
08-13-2008, 07:43 PM
This thread started with a guy catching a shark, 2 guys ready to fight, ref throws a hanky and calls for a truce, kissing and making up and now one-legged videos......

Stormcrow
08-13-2008, 08:11 PM
hey One Leg Im gonna drive. So long as youre on the way I can stop by and pick u up in the morning.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 08:16 PM
freelance out of daveys they are still slaying the do dos

one_leg
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Wow, the Prevaricator out of Point Deception got 78 Thresher sharks for 26 anglers today.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the original report about the Wide Open Thresher bite off of Malibu?

Stormcrow
08-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow, the Prevaricator out of Point Deception got 78 Thresher sharks for 26 anglers today.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the original report about the Wide Open Thresher bite off of Malibu?

Pt. Deception! :ROFL::ROFL:

one_leg
08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
The pics all look like Breeders and lil pups.

Troutman65
08-13-2008, 08:48 PM
I wish I was well enough to go fishing with you guys out of Davies Locker.
I think you all will have a great time fishing together. I can't wait to read the report.:Big Grin::Envious:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I think you all will have a great time fishing together. I can't wait to read the report.:Big Grin::Envious:

Man i wish you could go too thats bs

one_leg
08-13-2008, 08:51 PM

Troutman, did you see how many T-sharks they killed on the Prevaricator out of Pt. Deception?

one_leg
08-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Troutman, did you see how many T-sharks they killed on the Prevaricator out of Pt. Deception?

Oops my bad. The real count was 178 Threshers for 26 anglers. :Shocked:

Oz
08-14-2008, 07:09 PM

alan always being the instigator he is. drama queen :ROFL:

man i missed all this drama. wtf was i :LOL:

sup liteliner...any fishing lately???

patrick u need to come fishing with us already, once u get better. no more excuses fool!!!!!!!

yeallowtail
08-19-2008, 12:45 PM

you guys shoulde have took a pick of the black sea bass in the water thats messed up the capt shouldent have been holdeing the black for a pick that puts a lot of stress on the black thats ****** up

Gmoney
08-19-2008, 12:58 PM
you guys shoulde have took a pick of the black sea bass in the water thats messed up the capt shouldent have been holdeing the black for a pick that puts a lot of stress on the black thats ****** up

your kidding...right??
you picked this thread for your first post.....nice!

welcome to the boards

G$

BIGRED KILLA
08-19-2008, 06:19 PM
KILL that black sea bass pop its gills.

BIGRED KILLA
08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
KILL that black sea bass pop its gills let um bleed they are the best on the bbq.

Bigred

one_leg
08-19-2008, 06:53 PM
KILL that black sea bass pop its gills let um bleed they are the best on the bbq.

Bigred

Figures you'd say that on your 666th post...........lol

BIGRED KILLA
08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Lol Alan i bet that took you a couple days to get 666 posts.

Bigred

Badfish2
08-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Crackin' up at all the dudes standing around with their cell phones taking pictures.