PDA

View Full Version : Channel Islands Captn Hooks 7-28-08 ( Late Post )

Disturbed Fisher
08-09-2008, 03:29 PM
My two Cousins and I left out of Channel Islands Captn Hooks fishing charter on the 28th and had a blast. As the picture shows is was perfect glass in the morning till around Noon-1 pm. The skipper was dead on the fish till the winds picked up and the sun came out to shine. We fished deep down and pulled out many different kinds of rock fish. The boat wasn't packed at all so there was plenty of room to fish and when tie ups occurred the crew was spot on and had you either undone or retied in no time.

After the bite died on the rock fish we moved for about 30 minutes and relocated to a Calico and Sand Bass spot. I had been bringing up fish all morning till we hit hear and I'm sure it was because I didn't have the right gear. It laid dormant for about 30 minutes until I had a huge pull and my line started to peel out. I fight for 7 minutes or so on my tuna rod and up comes something gray on top and beige on bottom. I'm thinking GREAT! a Halibut! A few more minutes go by and when I get a better look and I'm about to yell for a gaff it turns out its a 3.5-4ft shark. Not sure of the make n model because as I'm looking in shock the line snaps and off he/she goes free. After that I had nada but I was happy with the 6 keepers I had from the morning.

Grand total fish count was 16 keepers for me and mine. We had many dinks that didn't make the cut but made a sea lion very fat.
JP - 6
Bobby - 6
JT - 4

All in all a great day and a lot of fun messing around.

one_leg
08-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Way to go Bro!!!

That is a nice Viccaccio101 you got there. And that red was pretty darned nice too. Congrats!

Why was your bud holding that rod like a a spinner? You hardly ever see that on the boats. :Shocked:
Usually it's the Coffee Grinders that you see upside down. :EyePop:

Thanks for the report/pics.

O_L

Troutman65
08-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Nice going on your catch. Thanks for the post

Disturbed Fisher
08-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Way to go Bro!!!

That is a nice Viccaccio101 you got there. And that red was pretty darned nice too. Congrats!

Why was your bud holding that rod like a a spinner? You hardly ever see that on the boats. :Shocked:
Usually it's the Coffee Grinders that you see upside down. :EyePop:

Thanks for the report/pics.

O_L

LOL if you look at the pic its all a gag, he has a butterfinger on the end and im tugging at the line.

boxl0bster
08-10-2008, 03:54 AM
man those are some hugggge rockfish!! makes me want to give it a try again cranking those things up for half an hour. haha

one_leg
08-10-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL if you look at the pic its all a gag, he has a butterfinger on the end and im tugging at the line.

Aha!!!! I guess you caught the munchies?

I'll pay more attention from now on. :ROFL:

O_L

JapanRon
08-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi Disturbed Fisher,

Nice report ... WTG on the fishys.

thanks,

JapanRon

troutdog
08-11-2008, 08:56 PM
A Disturbed Fisher sighting on the boards of FNN! :Shocked: Great to see you back in the mix James, thanks for the report and pics! Hope you plan on making it on the 23rd, a bunch of us will be camping Friday and Saturday night if you are down....is that pizza place in Simi still tossin pies?:Wink:

TD

Disturbed Fisher
08-12-2008, 04:43 PM
A Disturbed Fisher sighting on the boards of FNN! :Shocked: Great to see you back in the mix James, thanks for the report and pics! Hope you plan on making it on the 23rd, a bunch of us will be camping Friday and Saturday night if you are down....is that pizza place in Simi still tossin pies?:Wink:

TD

Unfortunately I am unable to attend the festivities on the 23rd. My schooling starts on the 18th and I have Saturday classes as part of my normal schedule so It won't work out for me this year. With that being said, Kick some ***** and have a blast!!! I expect lots of pictures with empty/open cans involved!

troutdog
08-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately I am unable to attend the festivities on the 23rd. My schooling starts on the 18th and I have Saturday classes as part of my normal schedule so It won't work out for me this year. With that being said, Kick some ***** and have a blast!!! I expect lots of pictures with empty/open cans involved!

Sorry to hear that you can't make it, best of luck with school this year. Lets be sure to hook up on a Sunday once trout season starts at the Vine....or do that salt trip I mentioned!

TD