PDA

View Full Version : Nice day ... avg fishing at Twin Lakes - Bprt

billy b
08-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Had a gorgeous day on a gorgeous lake with wife and two friends from church. Fishing was mediocre you might say ... about 15 small ones (including a "PB" small one 0 about 3"). Was trolling at 7-8 colors on the far side of the Lower Twin (per the marina). Never gave the road side any love (shame on me - should have tried it). Anybody else have any experiences to share. It's just a little more than an hour from where I live, so it does interest me. I was discouraged from trolling Bport Res. because of the weed conditions. Will have to catch it in the fall.

The few pictures I took aren't worth it. Unless, somebody wants to see what Lower Twin looks like.

Troutman65
08-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the report. You should PM One_Leg about trolling. He is very knowledgeable about it. In fact when we fish together thats all he talks about:LOL:

AllAboutTheTrout
08-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Is this Twin Lakes mammoth or Bridgeport?

YellowSuge
08-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I think its Bridgeport.

calico killer kevin
08-09-2008, 10:36 PM
I was at twin lakes on thursday and friday. I was at the on opposite of the lake you were at. It's been blowing hard the last few days.

supasportkid
08-10-2008, 11:35 AM
yeah, the wind blows hard through that valley. ive had success trolling small bill norman lures on upper twin 2 years back

billy b
08-10-2008, 04:27 PM
it was Lower Twin out of Bport. I was really surprised that I needed to go so deep. Maybe I shouldn't have listened so much to the guy at the marina, and tried 3-5 colors?

calico killer kevin
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Saw a ton of 1-2 lb rainbows cruising the shallows near a sunken log so I would recommend a float filled with about 3/5 water and a fly. They were surfacing for bugs and didn't want anything to have to do with anything else.

fishing_addict
08-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I'll be heading up that way Oct 2nd for almost 5 days. I was there last year the 2nd week of October right as things were shutting down for winter. It was really mild last year (around 70' during the day & upper 30's at night) and the only night it really even got cold was our last night there. However, something is telling me that this year it's gonna be cold! I'm thinking that since it's been a really mild summer this year the cold is gonna move in pretty quick this year. Gonna pack for wind and cold this year I believe...:Dancing Banana: