PDA

View Full Version : How crowded will Labor day be at Sabrina?

yztim
08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Looking to go with the family to Sabrina for my first time Labor day weekend. How early do you suggest I go to get a camp spot? It looks like its mostly first come first serve. How is the fishing late summer? How cold at night? Thanks for the suggestions. I have normally gone to the west Sierra, Huntington/Wishon, but wanted a prettier drive!

tim

troutdog
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
If you can get up there by Thursday you should be good to go, ideally Wednesday if you are heading up that early though. Crowds should be lighter than years past with the price of gas, but I would not count on a spot if you get there after Friday morning.

Good luck up there!

TD

one_leg
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
If it is like last year it'll be cold at night warm during the day and the fishing will be great.

First come first serve on the campsites.

Good Luck.

Badfish2
08-11-2008, 04:14 AM
If you're not there by Thursday mid-day you're not going to get a camping spot. You'll be camping in your car on 395 because Hotels will be full too...

Lows will be in the middle 30s to upper 20s ...I was there this past weekend and it was 38, This is early august. :EyePop:

The fishing gets better as the season gets later... by september it will be better with the cooler weather.

yztim
08-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Great info, thanks!
tim

fishing_addict
08-11-2008, 11:01 AM
If you're not there by Thursday mid-day you're not going to get a camping spot. You'll be camping in your car on 395 because Hotels will be full too...

Lows will be in the middle 30s to upper 20s ...I was there this past weekend and it was 38, This is early august. :EyePop:

The fishing gets better as the season gets later... by september it will be better with the cooler weather.

38?! Wow... Where is Sabrina and at what elevation does it sit? That's cold for this time of year! Now I'm starting to think my big trip this year to Bridgeport (Twin Lakes area) the 1st weekend of Oct might get a bit colder than last year....