PDA

View Full Version : South Bay

bones
05-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Went south of Redondo today to do some Hali hunting.
Got to my spot to see perfect conditions. Arrived at 6:00am 50 minutes before High tide and the surf was flat (about 1ft).Water was clear but there was alot of salad south of the jetty and much less north of the jetty.
Oppted for the Jetty itself to target some butts and tossed my LC for about 1 hour for nothing.Switched to a blue mac Krock for the same results. Then switched up to a Dropshotted Gulp smelt and on the third cast I stuck a shortie at about 12".
Well....at least the skunk is off....LOL
Worked the DS for about another hour all along both sides of the jetty for nothing but there was one dude who was using gulp Shrimp on the DS and he stuck about 4 or 5 shorties. Didn't see anybody else stick anything. There were about six guys working the area.So I decided to work the beach with all of the same setups since it was pretty flat but no takers. After an hour or so I switched up to a carolina rigged GCSW and went after some perch on the south (flatter side) but too much salad in the water.Did manage three small perch so I went to the north side and tried the same for nothing. Switched up to a heavier weight for the deep water and tried to see if there were some YFC's in the area and also switched up to Bloody GSW for nothing. I finally decided it was going to be one of those days and wrapped it up at 11 am.
Water temp 61 air temp about 62. No crab beds to be found at high tide.
Saw numerous pods of dolphins the entire time I was there and they were chasing bait out in the deep water. Birds were on top of them the whole time for the easy pickings.
Did actually see one slider but I think it's still too soon for it to go off.
No pics today....Was just too lazy to take out my digi for the little guys.

187fish
05-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Nice report Mike, too bad there wasn't any bugguns for you to hook into, but at least you didn't get the skunk.

SwisherFisher
05-26-2007, 02:10 PM
whats a slider???

cappo
05-26-2007, 02:14 PM
whats a slider???

corbina