PDA

View Full Version : Eldorado Yellowtail 8/6

deanhall32
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Went solo on an overnighter on the Eldorado out of Point Loma. The trip started with a 2 hour delay as we had an oil line problem. We finally started out of the harbor at 1:30AM and headed south. The boat stopped at about 6AM and Captain Eddie started looking for kelp paddies. We had a few blind jig strikes which produced 2 small yellowfin and 2 small bluefin but still no kelp paddies in sight. Finally, at 11AM we found the first small kelp paddy which produced about a dozen dorado and 5 yt. We found 4 more paddies the rest of the day and each paddy produced larger and larger yt. The last paddy stop was at 2PM and some real brutes were taken. Capt. Eddie estimated that 2 of the yt topped 40 lbs. We had to leave the wide open paddy and head in as we were only on an overnighter.

My count:

4 yellowtail
2 dorado

Good trip!

Note: As we were coming in south of the Coronado Islands were got a "mayday" that a private boat with 4 passengers at the Coronados was taking on water and sinking. Eddie pointed the Eldorado for the islands but the Black Pearl beat us there to pluck the 4 passengers safely from the water.

one_leg
08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey Coach, that is a nice fish. Congrats to you.

Gmoney
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah Now Coach
another nice job!!

thanks for the post and pix

hey....are your new boots finally getting bloody :ROFL::ROFL:
i suuuuure hope so!!

laters
G$

cappo
08-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Woo hooo Nice job Dean. Dang youre getting in alot of fishing. Good job on the yellers.

Ricky-Ray
08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Congrat's on your catch. Captain Eddie know how to find the fish.

ghetto dad
08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Great job coach....im glad someone is actually doing what i had originally planned this summer......thanks man

GD

Ambassadorhawg
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Funny, cuz I was considering the Eldorado & Cherokee Geisha to go on that evening. Then I decided to skip the crowds and horrible parking scene at those landings in favor of Mission Bay where you can park right next to the boat and not get stressed out by the numerous amped out tuna dudes infesting that place.

Still, it looks like you had a great trip and that's what really counts, so I say thanks for sharing.

Where did the boat fish that day? I think we were just below the 302 on our trip that day.

A-hawg out...

deanhall32
08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Funny, cuz I was considering the Eldorado & Cherokee Geisha to go on that evening. Then I decided to skip the crowds and horrible parking scene at those landings in favor of Mission Bay where you can park right next to the boat and not get stressed out by the numerous amped out tuna dudes infesting that place.

Still, it looks like you had a great trip and that's what really counts, so I say thanks for sharing.

Where did the boat fish that day? I think we were just below the 302 on our trip that day.

A-hawg out...

Yep, I was one of those amped out tuna dudes! There were even more guys going out last night!! Alot of these guys only go out when the fish count is high...

We were about 55-60 miles southwest of PL. I didn't get the numbers though.

I'm going out twice next week out of Seaforth and look forward to free parking and less peoplel too!!!!

JapanRon
08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi deanhall32,

I agree nice fishy !! Very nice report to boot !!

thanks.

JapanRon

Oz
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
wtg dean-O on the YT and DODO'z :Cool: