PDA

View Full Version : sandies cudas etc

kwest10
08-06-2008, 02:42 PM
why aren't some such fish commercially available? just wondering. I think Cudas and most other fish besides croakers and cod taste like arse

karlow
08-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Goto the 99Ranch market.
The had YT for $2.99 /lb!
If it swims, they have it for sale.
You call it food, I call it bait!

ghetto dad
08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
why aren't some such fish commercially available? just wondering. I think Cudas and most other fish besides croakers and cod taste like arse

good thing that bass arent, cuzz they would drop their gillnets on the beach and kill EVERYTHING before it even gets to us.....so be happy its NOT commercially available...

GD

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-06-2008, 05:13 PM

cudas taste real good if you know how to cook

SanDimasLMB
08-06-2008, 05:36 PM
cudas taste real good if you know how to cook

True.

Not to be stereotyping, but if you go to a "real" sushi bar/restaurant, you can bet that most white people will be eating BFT, Albacore, YT, Salmon, etc. Not Sandbass :LOL: I've tried Sandbass sashimi. Its not the best, but its not horrrible.

Plus, there really isn't a market for "junk fish".

kwest10
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
i've seen LMB at the local 99. "farm raised". suuuuurrreee.... With 25% of the worlds population, you need to get creative in what you eat and not be picky
I fish and I really don't like the taste of fish unless it's deep fried. I've had all kinds of fresh sashimi and....eh...
The only fish I'd ever eat over a big fat steak is Chilean sea bass. MAN that is one tasty fish.
I was just wondering why some are deemed good for the masses and others are not.