PDA

View Full Version : prowler 8/4

samgann93
08-05-2008, 12:06 PM
i finally got onto the prowler leaving sunday fishing monday. everything looked good.
got there around 8 and waited for the boat to show up. finallly boarded and we were off.

got to the fishing grounds around 5:30am. the captain was trying to get some of the tuna to bite before we'd find some patties. bad move. we only got 2 bft and 2 abbies. waste of time. when we found are first patty it was startin to look like a good day. i hooked 1 dodo and lost it right at the boat. i was PISSED!!!! but we found a nicer patty holding a lot of bigger yelllows. i hooked one and lost it at the boat and hooked another and lost it at the boat. i was soooooooo mad. but after a couple of small pattties we found on good one. i got a doarado on board and it made me feel a little better.

Tips for people goin out....
1. bring 30 pound test. (all mine were lost on 20, dorado's will saw you off.)
2. listen to the captian and wait until he tells you to cast on the pattie.
3. FOLLOW YOUR LINE. (i almost killed like 5 people.)

my camera isnt working so i couldnt get pics. sorry.

1 word on the prowlers crew. ITS FANTASTIC! one of the deckhands brandon is great. while we were fishing 2 guys that were hooked up got tangled and brandon gaffed one of the fish and the spliced the other guys line with the rod of the guy who had landed his fish. both guys got there fish. great crew.

one_leg
08-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Nice job saving the day. Glad you boated one after all that.

O_L

SanDimasLMB
08-05-2008, 12:28 PM
LMAO, you almost killed 5 poeple.

I feel you. I lost a 40lb. dodo at the boat.

samgann93
08-05-2008, 01:21 PM
LMAO, you almost killed 5 poeple.

I feel you. I lost a 40lb. dodo at the boat.

well i didnt kill em. lol

maybe thought about throwin them on the paddy and leaving. just kidding

JapanRon
08-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi samgann93,

Good job. Sounds like a lot of action.

thanks,

JapanRon

troutdog
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Way to bounce back after losing thise fish at the boat, very frustrating especially when on a one day trip and your window of opportunity is so limited. Congrats on the fish!

TD

samgann93
08-05-2008, 10:50 PM
thanks a bunch guys.

ya i forget to mention. there are sooooooo many fish lost its not even funny.
we lost 2/3 of our fish.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
30LB THEY WERENT EVEN TOUCHING 25LB WHEN I WENT ON 2 DAYS AGO...SO I WOULDNT SUDGEST THAT NOW...YELLOWS WERENT TOUCHING 25 EITHER THEY ARE VERY LINE SHY BECAUSE MOST PRIVATE BOATS ARE HAMMERING ALL THE PATTIES AND RUINING IT FOR THE CHARTER BOATS...SO I WOULD TELL PEOPLE FROM RECENTLY GOING OUT BRING 20LB/25LB ALL FISH ARE ON TOP ASWELL...AND A EASY WAY NOT TO LOSE DO DOS IS BY FIGHTING THEM THE RIGHT WAY DONT PUMP UP AND DOWN LIKE YELLOW FISHING PUT YOURSELF AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE FROM WHERE YOUR FIGHTING THE FISH AND FOLLOW HIM KEEP YOUR ROD STRAIGHT UP AND WINED IN AND HE WILL COME IN RIGHT TOWARDS THE BOAT..I LOST ONE DO DO FROM IT JUMPING AND I LANDED 11.SO DO DO FISHING WHEN YOU PUMP ITS A BIG NO NO YOUR GOING TO LOSE THE FISH. :Big Grin:

ZBA

samgann93
08-06-2008, 03:36 PM
my buddy caught a yellow on 40lb test. so i guess it just depends on the day and patty. and ya i know not to pump a dorado. there tiny little teeth rip up the line.

30LB THEY WERENT EVEN TOUCHING 25LB WHEN I WENT ON 2 DAYS AGO...SO I WOULDNT SUDGEST THAT NOW...YELLOWS WERENT TOUCHING 25 EITHER THEY ARE VERY LINE SHY BECAUSE MOST PRIVATE BOATS ARE HAMMERING ALL THE PATTIES AND RUINING IT FOR THE CHARTER BOATS...SO I WOULD TELL PEOPLE FROM RECENTLY GOING OUT BRING 20LB/25LB ALL FISH ARE ON TOP ASWELL...AND A EASY WAY NOT TO LOSE DO DOS IS BY FIGHTING THEM THE RIGHT WAY DONT PUMP UP AND DOWN LIKE YELLOW FISHING PUT YOURSELF AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE FROM WHERE YOUR FIGHTING THE FISH AND FOLLOW HIM KEEP YOUR ROD STRAIGHT UP AND WINED IN AND HE WILL COME IN RIGHT TOWARDS THE BOAT..I LOST ONE DO DO FROM IT JUMPING AND I LANDED 11.SO DO DO FISHING WHEN YOU PUMP ITS A BIG NO NO YOUR GOING TO LOSE THE FISH. :Big Grin:

ZBA