PDA

View Full Version : Huntington Harbor 5-25-07

mg2969
05-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Launched out of trinidad island @ 900 am. Onshore wind was consistent ALL DAY. Tide was going out (at least till @ noon). Went with the baitcaster and the neon green (chartreuse) grub for 1 small Sandie. That was about it for about 4 hours. Lots of short bites. Decided to finally bust out the sample bottle of UNI-BUTTER that Andy (aka ICEMAN , Senor Hielo) from OEX was giving out during the baytubers.com tournament weekend. It work like a charm. Got up real close and cosy to the bridge and let the onshore breeze push me back, keeping to outside of the red buoys and just drifted. BAM first drift, light weight baitcaster goes bendo- 21inch But. Since there was a lot of breeze, tide and boat traffic beached the yak since it was a few feet away and took the measurement pic. .
All fish for the day CPR'd
(Catched/Photo'd/Released

THANKS ANDY FOR THE UNI-BUTTER !!!!
Hopefully the next one will be a legal

Also met Brian the Baytubers OEX HH Champ and friend, nice meeting you guys. That was some fat bass you caught today.

Heres my pix - sorry for the cellphone shots

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/HH_5-25-07-Sandie.jpg

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/HH_5-25-07-21BUTT.jpg

bigfishlittlefish
05-26-2007, 08:49 AM
:thumb: :thumb:

SanDimasLMB
05-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Nice job :thumb: wheres trinidad island? I live on Heil ave only a little away so can you tell me? PM me if you dont want your spot revealed

mg2969
05-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Trinidad Island is like smack in the middle of huntington harbor. You can google earth it or do whatever other search on it. Its a PUBLIC BEACH so who am I to keep it from you. I am coming from Lakewood/Long Beach.

Not from HB please forgive any bad directions
Going up bolsa chica from warner I believe edinger is the next major street after Heil.

Turn left
If you go all the way to the single lane bridge that street is countess dr - it has a great launch area - seabridge park on the left - DON"T GO ON THE RIGHT (unless your tubin- especially at low tide - steep and slick, I fell with a kayak twice, but I guess I'm clumsy too)

Any way
2 or 3 blicks before countess dr is trindad (st ?) which is the only road onto trinidad island. Make a left off edinger (if your coming from bolsa chica)

Take this to the end and make 3 rights
This will dead end you in a cul de sac with a small beach to launch from

Hope this helps
Sorry for being wordy

MG