PDA

View Full Version : 8/1-8/2 late report

pineapple express
08-04-2008, 08:00 PM
aloha fellow fisher peps
sorry i was too tired to post my report the following day... so i'm doing so now.
headed out of NP on my buddies boat friday night. we headed north to LB bait co for
some candy bait. loaded up on 1/2 scoop. headed back south to fish for WSB.
last weekend my buddy caught a nice #50 & 2 #40 class so i was excited to get
redemption from my previous outting of 1-3 back at the ending of june. we get set
up and had the sea dogs bugging us the whole night. every time we would get picked we would get a fresh bait out and they would repeat this through out the whole time we where
there. so frustrating... if it wasn't the sea dogs it would be an idiot boater circling us
with-in 30-40 yds off our stern trying to meter our action. we shined our spot
light on them & with a few choice words exchanged... they got the hint. i mean as big as the ocean is... why this idiot had to come in sooo close & jack up our chum line at 3am. then another boater did the same thing at around 5am. come on guys... what happened to the 100yd courtesy radius to a fellow boater/fisherman...? some guys are just clueless when it comes to boating/fishing etiquette when a boat is anchored up fishing... ok enough ranting. well... it wasn't meant for us to catch any wsb on this trip as we worked it the best we could. i did catch a ton of sand bass but released all.
at around 8am we decide to head in to NP to get a scoop of chovies & dines for some paddy hopping. they were out of dines so we got some decent chovies. we also made some mac's at the mouth of the harbor just in case we needed some. we headed to the 209 bank as we heard there was some dodo action in the area the previous day. we came across 8 nice looking paddy's. a few held small lock jaw dodos & small molas. we tried everything we had but no takers. the water was clean 70-72 degrees & beautiful aqua blue. we trolled a bit then called it a day & back at the dock at 5pm. fun day on the water even if we didn't catch anything worth wild. things are looking real fishey. i would say in a week or 2 our local waters are going to explode with exotics. we heard radio chatter that the bite was further south about 70+ miles. guys were getting dodos, yt, ablies, bft & yft. til next time.
mahaloz fo reading & tight lines
PE

deanhall32
08-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the report. Everyone I am sure has a trip like yours. You will have better luck in a week and a half on the Orion. See ya there

Gmoney
08-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey PE
thanks for the report brah
hope all is well for ya
I hope you guys tear em up on the Orion!!!!

laters
G$

one_leg
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Daniel, thanks for the report. Good luck on the Orion. Wish I could make it, but it just ain't possible.

O_L

pineapple express
08-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the report. Everyone I am sure has a trip like yours. You will have better luck in a week and a half on the Orion. See ya there

wow... i got most the bad boys here. how do i become a memeber ? i wanna be bad too :o)
sweeeet.. looking forward to fishing with you bruddah. i can't wait...!!! seriously i want my own PE shirt...

Hey PE
thanks for the report brah
hope all is well for ya
I hope you guys tear em up on the Orion!!!!

laters
G$

howzit G$
what..... your not going on this trip. bummers... i thought fo sure you & O_L was going.
yeah... i hope we get into some action too. looking good out there ><>

Daniel, thanks for the report. Good luck on the Orion. Wish I could make it, but it just ain't possible.

O_L

there will be other trips alan. with DavidE's chartermastering skills, i'm sure there will be
more to come ><> catch you on another trip brah.

JapanRon
08-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Hi pinnapple express,

Better luck next time. One or two lousy boats ...... any more moo-moos catch dodos and yellows on the paddys and you'll have to take a number to visit within a mile of a given paddy !!

JapanRon