I found this

Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs

* 3/4 cup Safeway SELECT™ Ginger & Sesame Teriyaki Marinade
* 3 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
* 2 tbsp. minced garlic
* 1 tbsp. O Organics™ Granulated Sugar
* 1/8 tsp. hot chile flakes
* 8 10-in. metal or wooden skewers
* 2 lbs. boneless, skinless salmon fillet, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes
* 2 bunches green onions, white and light green parts only, cut into 1-in. lengths

1. In a medium bowl, mix terikyaki marinade, ginger, garlic, sugar, and hot chile flakes. Add salmon and mix gently to coat. Cover and chill 45 minutes. If using wooden skewers, put them in a shallow pan with water to cover and soak at least 20 minutes.

2. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct, high heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above the cooking grate only 2 to 3 seconds; visit our Grilling Essential section for complete instructions). While grill heats, drain wooden skewers, then thread cubes of fish onto skewers, alternating with pieces of green onion.

3. Place skewers on well-oiled cooking grate; cover gas grill. Cook about 4 minutes. Using a wide spatula and tongs, gently turn each skewer over. Cook just until salmon is browned on the outside and no longer translucent in the center (cut to test), about 4 minutes longer. Transfer to a platter.

Badfish2
08-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Basically anything that you can add to butter will go good on salmon. I've tried just about every combo possible... I've even tried del taco hot sauce mixed with butter on salmon

calico killer kevin
08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Montreal steak seasoning and then grill it. MMM

HBJapo
08-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Wild salmon placed in a piece of doubled aluminum foil, skin on, with minced garlic, red onion rings, lots of butter, do not be liberal in these ingredients. Wrap loosely, even leave it mostly open. If you wrap it shut you will get a nice flakey salmon, leave it open a little and you should get some charring of the fish (I like it this way better). A piece that is primarily from the tail end will char better. 10-20 minutes max (based in the size of your hunk of fish), check the fish at the half way point.

If you don't cook much, the charring is more difficult to pull off.

Japo :Envious:

Ricky-Ray
08-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Cut into slices, add wasabi and soy sauce and enjoy! :)

one_leg
08-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Applewood Smoked.

Skyler
08-05-2008, 07:43 PM
This is the best salmon/trout recipe I have tried, and I've tried a lot...

Take some cream cheese, some parmesan, a bit of garlic powder, some lemon pepper, and some chopped frozen spinach, and mix them all into a paste. The amount you make will depend on how much fish you are cooking, and the individual measurments will vary by tastes, but you generally want the cream cheese and spinach to be the boss. Fillet the fish, debone it, and stuff the fillets with the filling by putting a scoop on the fillet and rolling it up around the filling and turning it upside down. If the fish is large, you can slice the fillets thinner. Before cooking, rub a small amount of cooking oil on the fish and place it on a cookie sheet or oven-safe dish, then bake at 285-300 degrees for about 30 minutes. When done, squeeze a bit of lemon on it and you're set. Practically melts in your mouth, he he he. If you wanna try an even better version, add some diced artichoke hearts to the filling. Avocado works well too, :wink: Tight lines.

AfishNsocal
08-06-2008, 05:17 PM
never thought about using cream cheese on it i bet it tastes good

HBJapo
08-07-2008, 01:08 PM
never thought about using cream cheese on it i bet it tastes good

Philadelphia roll - a little wasabi, good shtuff.

AfishNsocal
08-08-2008, 06:06 PM
im going to have to try that out thanks

Daryl
08-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Applewood Smoked.

Smoked is my favorite.

Sparky70
08-12-2008, 04:15 PM
When you smoke it, what size of papers do you use ??? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

BIGRED KILLA
08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
SMOKE that **** it is good brown sugar and soy sauce.

Bigred

~larissa
08-15-2008, 06:21 AM
This is the best salmon/trout recipe I have tried, and I've tried a lot...

Take some cream cheese, some parmesan, a bit of garlic powder, some lemon pepper, and some chopped frozen spinach, and mix them all into a paste. The amount you make will depend on how much fish you are cooking, and the individual measurments will vary by tastes, but you generally want the cream cheese and spinach to be the boss. Fillet the fish, debone it, and stuff the fillets with the filling by putting a scoop on the fillet and rolling it up around the filling and turning it upside down. If the fish is large, you can slice the fillets thinner. Before cooking, rub a small amount of cooking oil on the fish and place it on a cookie sheet or oven-safe dish, then bake at 285-300 degrees for about 30 minutes. When done, squeeze a bit of lemon on it and you're set. Practically melts in your mouth, he he he. If you wanna try an even better version, add some diced artichoke hearts to the filling. Avocado works well too, :wink: Tight lines.

this is actually a really good recipe. i have a similar one, pretty much the same ingrediants but with avacado. the cream cheese is what makes it taste explosive. try this recipe out... you'll love it

Daryl
08-15-2008, 09:12 AM
When you smoke it, what size of papers do you use ??? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
For some reason, I always have a hard time keeping it lit.

sashimi
09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Simple recipe, old bay seasoning and garlic salt. grill skin side down until flakey. Just cooked some of the salmon i caught in alaska tonight.delicious. will have to try some of the others i read here though.

Sparky70
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
O-L,

What size papers do I get when smoking Apple-wood? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

BBL2Baja
09-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Place your favorite seasonings (dill, rosemary, etc..) on your salmon fillet and then grill it on a cedar plank. Cedar plank salmon (or trout) is food from the gods. Best salmon grilling technique by far.

Later,
Scott

HBJapo
09-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Here's a simple one:

2 teaspoons pesto
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (Popeye is O.K. with it)
2,3,4 cloves of fresh, minced garlic - based on whether you like garlic.

Spread on your filet, bake or BBQ.

Oh, yea, add a few slabs of butter between the aluminun foil and the skin of the filet.

sansou
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
BBL2BAJA: oh yea...planking is great!

Here's another way, a bit fancier:

FNN member "spiceguy" turned me on to this one a long time ago. After doing a bunch of times, I've changed it a bit to fit my taste, but the basic idea is Spiceguy's. It's a surefire crowd pleaser:

Go to market and get a can of "filo" (phyllo/filo) dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out a bunch of 6 or 7 inch squares. Place a 2 to 3 inch cube of salmon in the middle. Season, squeeze some lemon juice, maybe some chopped fresh parsley & garlic, and a thin slab of butter. Wrap it up into a airtight pouch. Lightly brush the outside with melted butter.

Set oven at 350, bake it until outside is golden. Usually takes 30 minutes or so in my oven.

Voila!

*I've made mini-ones for "amuse bouches" with wine, or slightly larger ones for flat out appetizers. I don't recommend making a huge one (like Calzone size) as the bottom part of the dough will get mushy. This recipe works good for trout (heavy seasoning and filling helps though), and I would like to try this with striper (I think striper would do well this style).

You can do thin chicken breast this way too!!