PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fisherman Unite! Any tips for central coast beaches?

Smash
08-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Attn all beach bums,

I am at Vandenberg AFB and would like to get my slay goin on. I was wondering if any of the more experienced dudes could point me in a direction to catch some surf perch, calicos/sand bass, and halibut. Really, I will take whatever is biting.

I have not surf fished since pre-Y2K! My current arsenal includes an Abu spinning rod with 8lb test, a Baitrunner combo w/ 20lb test, and a Shimano Citica (bass setup) also with 20lb test.

What are some of the typical hard baits, soft stuff, and live/cut bait being used for surf? I hear carolina rigs are the thing, other wise throw expensive japanese plugs that look like sardines?

Any and all help is appreciated boys.
S

Smash
08-06-2008, 12:01 AM
all aboard the FAILBOAT:???:

fatherof5
08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I know there is some nice water up your way. Check out some of the posts of Wingnut. He has been known to frequent those waters. He usually has a post too about lures and equipment. You could send him a private message using the link under your log in name. There used to be some how to's in the socal general board area. Good luck...

Smash
08-12-2008, 08:53 AM
WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGNUT where art thou?

Wingnut
08-12-2008, 12:42 PM
WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGNUT where art thou?

Ask... and thou shall receive. :Wink:

Shoot me a PM and tell me where exactly you are located and where you want to fish... North or South? I'll try to steer you in the right direction. :Secret: