PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Del Cabo- Dorado 8/1

deanhall32
08-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Spent a week in San Jose Del Cabo and went fishing one day on a 28 ft. brand new panga.

We traveled about 2-3 miles out from the harbor entrance and encountered a WFO dorado bite that had me back at the hotel 3 hours early.

Here's a picture of one of the dorado's

one_leg
08-03-2008, 12:48 PM
We were surrounded by Dodo's near Ensenada on Wed. but they didn't want any bait offerings.

They were all over the place, but we only got two troll fish.

Then we headed to the 371 and nailed the Alberts and the YT's.

Thanks for the quality JapanRon/Ghetto Dad style reporting. :Wink:

One_Leg

deanhall32
08-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks and get off my nutz!!!

RedKnight
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Dude....after a few beer the fish in the pic looks like it was photo shopped in.....

Those are some awesome colors. How close did you get to Cabo San Lucas. I've fished Cabo before....all I can say is "unreal", cheap little pangas are the way to go.

Good job man.

deanhall32
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks!

I had a taxi driver take me to the marina they are building called La Playita which is about 2 miles from downtown San Jose Del Cabo. He pointed out a panga captain and we settled on the price of a 28 ft. super panga. It was $170 dollars for the boat and $30 for the bait. Boat left at 6AM. We were back in the marina at 9:00 with dorado limits which I gave to the captain.

I never made it to Cabo San Lucas because it was a $70 dollar roundtrip in a taxi. I did talk to a family that went out of San Lucas and they got skunked.

deanhall32
08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Here's the panga

Troutman65
10-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice Dorado Deanhall32 !!!:Envious::Cool: Sounds like a fun fishing trip down there. Thanks for the report

Oz
10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
i remember that lime green boat :LOL: glad u had a great time on your half day of fishing.

we went on the "mata tuna" the 3rd day since the 1st two days sucked with that guy on the regular panga called christine i believe...avoid him!!!!!

Nessie Hunter
10-13-2008, 07:26 AM
How close did you get to Cabo San Lucas. I've fished Cabo before....all I can say is "unreal", cheap little pangas are the way to go.

Good job man.

San Jose Del Cabo is about 30 Mi East of Cabo San Lucas.. Great little town, Love it..

It is much closer to Iman Bank where the excellent Tuna & Dorado bite goes off all the time...

RedKnight, you will see the "Cobo Loco 2008" trips posted (saltwater reports) and here, "Governors Cup" (by "O") that is all out of San Jose Del Cabo....

The La Playite Marina is all brand new, they are still working on it... Last year and before that, the Panga's beached (where you see the bouyed swim beach area) at full throttle, Fun stuff....
The multiple cleaning stations are also all new...
Im afraid it will turn into a high priced location soon... Like Cabo proper...

chivo
10-13-2008, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=deanhall32;222225]Spent a week in San Jose Del Cabo and went fishing one day on a 28 ft. brand new panga.

We traveled about 2-3 miles out from the harbor entrance and encountered a WFO dorado bite that had me back at the hotel 3 hours early.

Been there many times during the october marlin tourney's, and i know how awsome it is. Fish on.

O
10-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Cool pics! Los Puertos has really turned out nice! Kudos for donating your catch

deanhall32
10-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks O,

I will take that as a compliment coming from a recent winner with a HUGE YFT that won him a share of a new panga!!!